I have a Nextel i850 and i can get a really good deal on the Blackberry 7100i. Do you know if the sim cards are compatable? I dont want to use the data network, i just want to have the calendar and keyboard of the blackberry for texting. will i be able to put my sim card in and use the basic call/DC/text features on the blackberry with no problems? TIA

(sorry if this is in the wrong place. new here.)
    08-10-09 05:09 PM
    The thing bout Blackberry is they are owned by RIM, and Nextel buys them. the 7100i runs on a rim sim card, and the texts works as an MMS. the phone is provisioned for it on the blackberry network. you can put the sim in and use SOME features/applications. like your phone wil work and PTT will work, cuz they use the nextel network. i'm not sure about the MULTI MEDIA MESSAGING.

The good news is there is a way to get the correct service books to provision it for MMS, i've seen answers to that same question ALL over the forum.
    09-27-09 03:36 PM
    The thing bout Blackberry is they are owned by RIM, and Nextel buys them. the 7100i runs on a rim sim card, and the texts works as an MMS. the phone is provisioned for it on the blackberry network. you can put the sim in and use SOME features/applications. like your phone wil work and PTT will work, cuz they use the nextel network. i'm not sure about the MULTI MEDIA MESSAGING.

The good news is there is a way to get the correct service books to provision it for MMS, i've seen answers to that same question ALL over the forum.
    I'm having Motorola i576 with Nextel sim card. I'm in Ghana and can't use the phone because if I insert another sim is asks me to enter code number.What can I do
    05-22-16 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD