Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will upgrade come from carrier ID or vendor ID?

I have a BB9900 which is now on Telus (vendor ID 332) as my network carrier, but the phone shows the ROM is from Bell (vendor ID 331). (Using ALT-SHIFT-H)

If I wanted to upgrade to OS 7.1, will the new software come from Telus or Bell? If it comes from Telus, does that mean that my phone will now be Telus branded? (I can't see any Bell branding now though).

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

You can install any OS, from any carrier, as long as you delete the vendor files.
    It won't change your branding, it'll still have the same start up screen like it always does.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

If I want an OTA upgrade, do I have to wait for Telus to offer it? Will Telus offer to my phone if the original Vendor ID is for Bell?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ocgltd View Post
    If I want an OTA upgrade, do I have to wait for Telus to offer it? Will Telus offer to my phone if the original Vendor ID is for Bell?
    If you want to update OTA, you'll need to Telus pushes an update out.
    You can't install OS from another carrier OTA.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry Abuser

i have an unlocked rogers 9900 with a fido sim card...when rogers releases 7.1 will the update show up for me? maybe a silly question, but being that i'm a silly man i'm ok with that..
    i don't know if there's an afterlife...
    but i'm bringing a spare battery just in case

Quote Originally Posted by bllbored View Post
    i have an unlocked rogers 9900 with a fido sim card...when rogers releases 7.1 will the update show up for me? maybe a silly question, but being that i'm a silly man i'm ok with that..
    You'll be waiting for the Fido update.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.700 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247