URGENT help required. BBM7 missing after OS upgrade! :(
Dear BB friends and helpers!
I urgently require your help. I have seen some similar topics posted but none exactly the same as mine so I would really really appreciate if anyone can very kindly help me out.
I have a major problem on the Blackberry Bold 9900.
A few days ago I updated my Blackberry Messanger (BBM only) to BBM7. Everything was working fine.
Then last night I got a message on my phone to upgrade my operating system to OS 7 which I installed.
Then this morning I noticed that my BBM has disappeared from my phone and I can't find it.
I currently have 7.1.0 Bundle 2061
(Also note that BB App world wont give me the option to download BBM and trying to download other apps also freezes the app world)
I have already tried
1) Hard reset / battery pull
2) Doing a universal search and looking for hidden icons.
I have seen a few other similar topics but I wanted to ask what I should do... :
1) Re-install BBM7 from a link from this forum? or
2) Downgrade OS7 to OS 6 via Options - Software Updates - Downgrade?
Or any other options?
The KEY thing is that I do not lose my BBM contacts! That is the end goal of whatever is recommended. I really hope someone can help.
Many thanks in advance,
- CrackBerry Genius
12-13-12, 12:46 PM #2
- 3,713 Posts
IF anything, your contacts won't be lost. It will be in your backup file on your BDM. Also, since you updated to BBM7, it is now backed up online too.
I would security wipe if app world is having problems too.
That should reset everything back to normal. Whatever isn't loaded should be able to download in app world.
- By CoolMichael in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 3Last Post: 12-13-12, 05:33 PM
- By jtg22299 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 7Last Post: 03-18-10, 06:29 PM
- By MartinRW in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 09-30-09, 02:31 PM
- By chief03 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 02-25-09, 09:51 PM
- By eeyore6802 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 02-25-09, 02:00 AM