Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RIM announced release of OS 7.1 but can't download it

RIM posted the new OS 7.1 on their facebook a couple weeks ago, yet it can't be downloaded from any carrier I've checked in Canada. Rogers is saying that they have not even been given it from RIM.

What gives?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,115 Global Posts

It's not official yet on Rogers. You can grab the leaked version now though from our OS page. I've been running it a few days and it's really solid.

http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry-os
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by luvsql View Post
    RIM posted the new OS 7.1 on their facebook a couple weeks ago, yet it can't be downloaded from any carrier I've checked in Canada. Rogers is saying that they have not even been given it from RIM.

What gives?
    Worth a try
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Zeis View Post
    It's not official yet on Rogers. You can grab the leaked version now though from our OS page. I've been running it a few days and it's really solid.

http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry-os
    Is that an ALL languages ? I am looking for Arabic. Also, I am using .540, with a discharge rate of about 3.5% . Is this 7.1 better ?

Thank you in advance .
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does anyone know when Bell/VirginMobile will be releasing 7.1 OTA for the 9900? I'm new to BB so the OTA route seems safest and easiest to me.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

I'm also waiting for it down here in Aus on Optus. They posted on Twitter that it's coming soon, but you know how RIM is with saying coming soon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I think T Mobile in the USA already released it OTA, so its up to the carriers now
  8. BGK
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by ocgltd View Post
    Does anyone know when Bell/VirginMobile will be releasing 7.1 OTA for the 9900? I'm new to BB so the OTA route seems safest and easiest to me.
    Hi, I am with Virgin M - Canada and I just got an update for 7.0.0.585 about a month or so ago so not sure when we'll get the update to 7.1 through DM (I prefer to get my updates this way too) Hopefully soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bb

which version of os 7.1 must i download fro bb 9900
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AF77CC0

Quote Originally Posted by pplaya1980 View Post
    which version of os 7.1 must i download fro bb 9900
    The 205 bundle...I'm scared to install it on my phone, don't want to mess anything up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sharma0702 View Post
    The 205 bundle...I'm scared to install it on my phone, don't want to mess anything up.
    I'm also on Wind and I installed .205 like 3 weeks ago and it's fine.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AF77CC0

I don't know why, but I'm just worried about something getting screwed up, it's just my luck lol.

I might bite the bullet and install it tonight, just got to find the instructions as this is my first time installing a leaked OS.

@louboutins is it stable? As in no lag or anything of that nature?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sharma0702 View Post
    I don't know why, but I'm just worried about something getting screwed up, it's just my luck lol.

I might bite the bullet and install it tonight, just got to find the instructions as this is my first time installing a leaked OS.

@louboutins is it stable? As in no lag or anything of that nature?
    Have a read at this

Scared to upgrade using leaked OS!

OP was in same position as you but bit the bullet and all went fine for him.

.205 is a very good OS but there is now a newer leak .267 released which includes a battery saver function.

Installing a leak is no big deal. It is a RIM produced OS when all said and done, just hasn't come to you via your carrier.
    Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC22 over Claro Argentina .1098 Base and .sfi

If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons