Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OS7.1 Battery Life?

For those who have upgraded to OS7.1, please post your review of the associated battery performance.
    Although I would like to have the most current OS on my 9930, I am hessitant to upgrade from original OS because battery life is currently acceptable for my usage requirements.
    hammerhead102 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have tried the upgrade to 7.1 twice.....my experiance has been (obviously if twice lol) has been HORRIBLE with battery life.....I went back to the hybrid I run from the gang at OSBB....hope it helps
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,183 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Not so good with 7.1
    There is a sawtooth battery life thingy with the sprint 7.1 and it makes it very unreliable.
    You have to think about 92 being 100% because it drops from 100 to 92 instantaneously.

Once again, It isn't as good as the other OS's.
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

7.1.0.190 actually eliminates the 100-92 drop first day got a discharge rate of 3%-4% per hour still testing
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

Quote Originally Posted by byul View Post
    7.1.0.190 is for the 9900 and not for the 9930.
    Also CDMA radios typically use more power than GSM radios which is also another factor
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

I have had 7.1 for almost 4 weeks now and the battery has been great!
    8330 --> 8530 --> 9550 --> 9930 --> Z10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055 Long gone are the days of the battery pull.
    Thanked by 2:
    Coach Bill (01-10-2012),  JazeryBerry (01-23-2012) 
    JazeryBerry likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I installed 7.1 on my Torch 9810 yesterday. Love it. The battery life today was greatly improved over my last 2 OS. I had 7.0 .261 and .585. Both were terrible. I took my phone off the charger 14 hours ago and I'm down to 14% now. Usually I would have had to put it on the charger about 4 hours ago. Also in my "office" at work coverage is spotty and my phone spends a lot of time searching for a signal, so I'm pretty happy with this OS...for now. I realize its only the first day. We'll see how it is a week from now.
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Help

Is there any way for me to download 7.1 offically from blackberry I don't wanna mess around the other way and on their site it say i can but wont let me???
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

I have had terrible battery life with 7.1. I have tried it three times.

With .374 I was getting 3-5% discharge rate

With 7.1 - I was getting 8-15% discharge rate

Perhaps this only happens to CDMA 7.1 users?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    2.0, 7.1.0.340.
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

I just got it last night. besides other glitchy things it's doing, like losing connection to the network seemingly at random, the battery seems to be running down quicker than before. I even deleted some apps that i thought might be draining the battery to see if that had an effect. I'm still experimenting but it doesn't seem to be as efficient with power drain as before the update.
    Happily using a Torch 9850 and a Playbook
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

.190 on my 9900 was horrible.
    Less than 12 hours and I had to charge my phone again.
    Going back to the 7.0 builds.
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3309FAF2

.190 built on my 9810 has a horrible battery life which only lasted for about 48 hrs after installation. Ever since my battery has been VERY good on permanent 4G signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    BlackBerry 9930, OS 7.1.0.861 with Berrylicious RC15
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask Me

I have been running 7.1 for a few days, and having horrible battery life, right now metter berry is showing a 5.7% discharge rate, the battery is at 70% and its been off the charger for four hours maybe with very little use.

So I am going back 7.0
    Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, 9850 being delivered on thursday
    I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dic less, hopeless, heartless, fat-***, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nascarfan49 View Post
    I have been running 7.1 for a few days, and having horrible battery life, right now metter berry is showing a 5.7% discharge rate, the battery is at 70% and its been off the charger for four hours maybe with very little use.

So I am going back 7.0
    I highly suggest you remove meterberry BEFORE you decide to downgrade.

1st reason: meterberry is NOT necessary, since 7.1 comes with a very accurate analysis app baked in

2nd reason: meterberry uses resources...which means it IS drawing from your battery

3rd reason: meterberry hasn't been optimized for OS7 or OS7.1. In fact, it hasn't been updated since Sept 1st 2010.

Remove it, and watch your battery improve
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Thanked by 2:
    anygivensunday (01-16-2012),  Coach Bill (01-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post

1st reason: meterberry is NOT necessary, since 7.1 comes with a very accurate analysis app baked in

2nd reason: meterberry uses resources...which means it IS drawing from your battery

3rd reason: meterberry hasn't been optimized for OS7 or OS7.1. In fact, it hasn't been updated since Sept 1st 2010.

I would actually agree with this, it made sense to me that MB, while it does work, isn't ready for OS7 devices. I wasn't having real problems with it, though I noticed after removing it my already good battery life improved.

As far as 7.0 vs 7.1, battery life didn't swing one way or the other after upgrading from .374 to 7.1.
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

Does anyone know when vodafone uk will be launching its 7.1 update for the bold 9900???
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,827 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMeg View Post
    Does anyone know when vodafone uk will be launching its 7.1 update for the bold 9900???
    Eventually, although no exact dates can really be confirmed, all the carriers release the same update, therefore you can use the official from another carrier
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    PIN
    3308c41c

7.1 for me and battery life has been horrible. I have had it for a few days now. I can leave my phone on the charger all night. Then i take it off and send a bum or two WHILE on wifi and it will drop down to 80%. Its annoying to say the least my avg discharge rate currently is 12.3% an hour. Also since upgraded I've had a huge memory leak so far today I've lost 45 megs.
    - Sports - it's not just a game, its a passion!!
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    PIN
    3308c41c

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post

I deleted meter berry like you said and it nearly tripled my battery life! Thanks...thats too bad tho cause I really like that app.
    - Sports - it's not just a game, its a passion!!
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-17-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by anygivensunday View Post
    I deleted meter berry like you said and it nearly tripled my battery life! Thanks...thats too bad tho cause I really like that app.
    Going to do the same and see if that is what has been 'hogging' my battery???

Thanks for the advice, will report back ASAP!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anygivensunday View Post
    The author of Meterberry ("Giant Cashew") claims that an update is in the works. No ETA...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    PIN
    [NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEW]

my dad's 9860 running 7.1.0.190 leaked os has a terrific battery life, it stays more than 20 hours.
    BlackBerry 9650 Verizon at 6.0.0.719
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just an update, I deleted meterberry and my 9850 battery life didn't improve. I have been running device analyzer and there have been drops around 49% per hour. Going back to 7.0 I guess
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-31-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default O S for Bold 9790

Hey guys.. I recently got a Blackberry Bold 9790, but sadly there is a major battery problem, I was hoping if any one is aware as to when the new O S for 9790 is going to launch and how do I install it once I download it form this sight.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me

How did you all do the upgrade? I'm using a 9810 and I'm running the 7.1.0.205 and battery life is great.

I did it this was. Setup device switch, saved to my microsd card. Then full backup with desktop manager. Then wipe with jl_cmdr. Then I did the install. Then restore with dm and device switch copy from microsd

After I did a batt pull before bed for the first 3 days and all is very good indeed

Just thought I'd share. .

BB 9810 Tapatalk
    follow my switch from iOS to BlackBerry: http://canadianthomas.wordpress.com/
    Thanked by:
    Coach Bill (01-31-2012) 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast