FIGHT! OS7 vs Mango vs iOS 5 vs Gingerbread
09-18-11 02:30 AM
- Great little comparison (albeit iPhone biased) showing what they think are the features available.
iPhone iOS 5 vs Android Gingerbread, WP7 Mango & BlackBerry 7 | iJailbreak - Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV Jailbreak, Unlock, Cydia News
It's funny how they picked the categories that made iOS look sweet!
This is probably a post where you can sound off on how you feel about our competitors and why we believe BlackBerry is the bomb.06-14-11 02:58 PM
Subscriptions: Every heard of RSS? No? You probably love spending money on monthly subscriptions for magazines that are 70% advertisements.
Advanced Reminder System: The constant blinking red LED isn't efficient. I need to have a pretty thing to look at. Monkey like sparkle.
System-wide Twitter: Are you that self absorbed that you had to let everyone know what you're doing/how you're feeling and can't be bothered by a few clicks? Or are you a 12 y/o girl that MUST know what her fav celeb is doing atm. like o m g.
Quick Camera Access: Quicklaunch. Boom. Done.
Photo Editing: That's what a PC is for, Picasso.
Reader View: Autowrap zoom + space bar works well.
Online Gaming Community: Monkey like sparkle. It's a phone. Grow up and start doing something productive with your life aside from comparing Angry Birds scores.
Last edited by DEhrlich01; 06-14-11 at 03:20 PM.06-14-11 03:14 PMLike 5
- Wow system wide twittering.
Yeah I want to edit a photo on a small screen. Whatever.
Quick access to camera. I already have that.
And they say that Blackberry might not have an advanced reminder system? What is that and didn't the iphone just get this last week. Yea.
And I exactly what is above my post about online gaming.06-14-11 04:24 PM
- original post from pcmag Smartphone OS Preview: iOS 5 vs. Android 2.3 Gingerbread vs. Windows Phone 7 Mango vs. Blackberry 7 OS | PCMag.com
i used to read them but they really fell sooooo low now what a pos.
"If you're using your mobile phone as your camera—as more and more people are beginning to do, for better or worse—quick access counts. Both Windows 7 Mango and iOS 5 let users jump directly into camera mode from the lock screen without entering passcodes (if enabled). Blackberry allows users to map a side button to launch a camera, but unfortunately you'll still need to unlock your device."
unlock ur phone that takes about half a sec, and u dont wanna end up with ur colleagues asses on ur phone...06-14-11 04:51 PM
- Thanks OP. Very nice article. Don't think its iPhone biased, its an understatement, because some important points are still missing:
Integrated with the biggest music store
Integrated with the best app store
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com06-14-11 08:31 PM
- The fact that the author at PCMag is comparing stock os without accounting for any 3rd party apps is ridiculous, since Apple's biggest strength is the huge library of apps. You can't compare a platform without looking at it's full capabilities with apps. Anyone out there have a smartphone with no 3rd party apps? Nope. This article should be dismissed from the start.06-15-11 09:59 AM
- All os's have their strengths and weaknesses, I've owned 6 different Blackberry's and I finally tried the Verizon iPhone since I don't like AT&T's service, it's a nice device but I don't like the notification system, but it's a lot faster and more stable then BB os's, but one doesnt totally trump the other in every aspect.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com06-15-11 03:57 PM
- That Jailbreak (the name LOL) is an obvious giveaway for Apple bias, half the red "x"s in the Android section should be green ticks which the article seems to be taking shots at the most.
Phone-to-phone messaging: isn't that Gtalk?
Newspaper/Magazine subscription: isn't that Genie Widget (RSS feed)?
Advanced reminder system: Google calendar/Google tasks
Quick camera access: many phones has a dedicated camera button, or simply put a shortcut on the main screen
Tabbed browsing: browser has built in window tabbing (not tabs)
Reader view: not sure what this is referring to, there's Acrobat reader and Kindle for Android or is it that pinch-zoom function, which Android browsers does a very good job of.
Rich text email: gmail shows full fledged emails
wifi sync: wtf was this "x"d
online gaming community: not sure exactly what this is referring to but there are games on the Market that lets you play online, Pocket Legends is one of the biggest.
Last edited by sookster54; 06-16-11 at 11:59 AM.06-16-11 11:53 AMLike 1
- This is really funny though. "system-wide twitter integration". I'm pretty sure those were apple's words in their wwdc. It's like they just picked a load of iPhone features. So its more like, which phone is more like an iPhone. Oh.. the phone wins!
And android does have tabbed browsing doesn't it??06-18-11 05:24 AM
- 06-19-11 08:58 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- BlackBerry OS
- BlackBerry 7
FIGHT! OS7 vs Mango vs iOS 5 vs Gingerbread
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD