Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tre Lawrence
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Cloud Tasks Solutions?

I only own a Blackberry Bold 9900 and an Apple iPad 2. Gave up on netbooks/laptops, no need for a desktop.

I am looking for a better way to manage "cloud tasks." With iOS 5, Apple launched the app Reminders. This app syncs to iCloud, but I haven't figured out a way to sync this information to Blackberry Tasks or vice-versa.

For notes/clippings I use Evernote. It's great.

Email, Contacts, and Calendar all sync from Bold to iPad and back with Exchange.

Back to Tasks, I'm not aware of a solution that will take a task list, primarily created on the Bold and make it checkable on the iPad.

For now I think I will set up a note in Evernote and just view it in the iPad, and delete completed lines. But I like the age-old feel of checkmarks that are in Blackberry Tasks and Apple Reminders. I certainly would love an option that would link on both devices with my GMail Exchange Calendar.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts

try Sync calendar and contacts on Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink

the best solution is to use the playbook with the bold and leave the iPad at home on a stand tilted at the right angle with an external keyboard
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,388 Global Posts

When I became certain that I was switching platforms, I migrated to using third party cloud task lists. I wanted my tasks to be platform-agnostic, so I ended up moving to a BB Toodledo client. I can use it on just about any major platform.

RTM may be another option.

Now, to be clear, in my case I simply stopped using BB tasks and just started using third-party OTA options until I found one that I liked.
    Thanked by:
    y0lorenzo (11-29-2011) 
    y0lorenzo likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by anthogag View Post
    try Sync calendar and contacts on Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink

the best solution is to use the playbook with the bold and leave the iPad at home on a stand tilted at the right angle with an external keyboard
    I shouldn't have to defend byself for owning an iPad 2. Thanks bud! Really, that helps me out a lot!

I started on a Curve 8320 and left it on a bus, lost an 8800 in a taxi, went swimming with a Bold 9700 in my cargo shorts. There's a good chance that I've replaced more Blackberries than you've put your grubby fingers on. So don't throw platform loyalty at me. I use the device thats best for the job.

I had two crappy netbooks before getting an iPad 2. The same week the 2nd nebook died, Steve Jobs went on with his iPad 2 keynote. The Playbook was still vaporware. And again, iPad 2 replaces any other "computer."

A 7" screen doesn't cut it for me. Not enough text on a screen for books. Not enough screen real estate to draft a paper. Web just isn't enough.

And the the Apps! OMGosh the apps are great boss, ya gotta agree.

Yes I own the Apple Wireless Keyboard, i'm typing on it right now.

Like I said, when I waited in the launch line to get the iPad 2, the Playbook was still a year of rumors in and very much vaporware. And it just wasn't big enough to replace a netbook. No email app on the Playbook, really RIM?

ANYWAYS... I hope this explanation sufficiently evaporates the Troll Haterade.

Back to Cloud Tasks. What's good?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    When I became certain that I was switching platforms, I migrated to using third party cloud task lists. I wanted my tasks to be platform-agnostic, so I ended up moving to a BB Toodledo client. I can use it on just about any major platform.

RTM may be another option.

Now, to be clear, in my case I simply stopped using BB tasks and just started using third-party OTA options until I found one that I liked.
    Toodledoo, RTM... Gotcha, thanks. I'll check em out.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by anthogag View Post

Good lookin out. Companion Link looks like its got the sauce I could cook with but pricey, nuh?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I think I'm gonna go with toodledoo.com/slim as a web app for blackberry.

TaskJot and PocketInformant look effective, but more than I need and more than I am willing to pay for. Unfortunately the web app obviously will only work when I have Wifi or EDGE/4G. Often times, task ideas come to me while underground on the train. Have to see if there's an email to toodledoo option. Hey that rhymes.

For the iPad, Toodledoo for iPad looks like a sexy interface for $2 bucks, so I think I will splurge.

Thank's guys for your input.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts

no, thank you
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

ToodleDo is gangsta yall.

Alright I've got the ToodleDo account whizzed up on the interweb.

On the blackberry you hit up toodledo.com/slim and you "Add to Homescreen" to create the web app icon on your panel. Per my preferences, I set the default load page to All Tasks, so I get my simple checkbox task setup.

When you create a task, make sure to use the due dates feature.

On ur iPad, go to toodledo.com, hit tools. Go to Calendar Syncing. I like the "combo" subscription link. You simply click it and your machine will subscribe and wahhh laaa.

In iOS 5 I already had my notifications center set up to have calendar options up top. So now from the iPad I simply swipe down from the top and it has calendar events for my tasks for that day. Tapping a task event takes you to the toodledoo.com. Or I can use my ToodleDo iPad app to do some swanky task mods/checks.

My solution:

I create the task in the web app from the home screen of my Bold, making sure to use the calendar due date option for when I want to see it on the computer. (leaving the keys by the door).

I can use the web app on the Bold as a checklist.

I can use the ToodledDo app in my productivity folder on the iPad tablet as a checklist.

When I'm at the computer I can swipe from the top of iPad and it shows me what I need to be working on.

I likes it. Its exactly what I was looking for, very cool.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,388 Global Posts

Toodledo has been a favorite for a long time. I was part of the Taskjot beta way back when, so I had that free.

I love being able to sign into anyplace that has an internet connection (my laptop, home desktop, work, wife's rooted Nook Color tab, brother's iPad) and get to my task. On my EVO, I use DGT, which is FANTASTIC. And yes, iOS has a plethora of options: Toodledo : 3rd Party Directory

I learned that for me, cross-platform/cloud solutions work best. I refuse to be chained down by single platform apps and programs again... BBM showed me how painful that can be.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry vs IOS and a tasks solution

y0lorenzo, I specifically want your feed back here please.

I hate most task applications because the make such a task of setting a task. (pun intended)
    All the steps for started/in progress/completed etc is enough to frustrate me to forgetting it all

The first ever task application I actually used was Franklin Covey organisation software for my desktop. I paid an arm and a leg for it but was disappointed by its lack of mobility. To make it mobile I seem to have to buy a whole new software with no guarantees of happily ever after! FORGET IT!! I do miss the unique feature of making sure I keep my priorities straight by ensuring I do something in each of my ROLES each week eg mother, wife, church member sister, daughter.... I really miss that feature.

The second task application I loved because it is awesome in its simplicity is google calendar tasks. I love that i can make a list for say, daily chores, cross them off as they are done and simply uncross them off in the morning and start again.... or simply continue with the daily things I missed yesterday. I hate being forced to date a task... I date appointments, I just want tasks to look at me and remind me that they exist. Google tasks allowed me to make a weekly chore list, a daily chore list and a monthly list etc so I can keep the same list and refresh it with a click in the required cycle (daily vs weekly vs monthly etc.

Unfortunately i cannot sync my tasks with my blackberry! WAAAAAH!!! So again I end up not using it!

My solution imagined to solve all my app woes is to get an ipad! Sorry for taking this long to get to this question, but i find most folks i know with ipad end up switching to iphone so everything in synced. To me this is an EXPENSIVE way to handle things (especially where I live outside the us). So my "blackberry phone plus ipad" friend, what about blackberry made you remain faithful to the phone even while having an ipad? I want to know so I will know if I can survive having the two different devices.

I ADORE my blackberry torch 9810 with 3G and would not even consider Apple at all if only I could get all the apps apple and android have. (I adore apps). I believe your perspective would be helpful. (a comment about a task solution would be appreciated as well)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE0379B

I use pocket informant to sync across several blackberries and toodledo, and toodle taskss on my playbook. but I am also looking for a better alternatives to also sync memos and tasks in one go. Any Ideas?
    BB Q10 / BB Z10 / BB P'9981 / BB Playbook