CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Camera flash problem

I've had this problem for a while and with each leaked OS installed, it never fixed it. The camera flash works, but isn't functioning how it use to. On top of that, the flashlight app I bought doesn't work now either and I'm guessing the problems are related to one another.

The top image was taken with an iPhone 4. The middle image was taken with a Bold 9900. The bottom image was taken with my Torch 9860.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera flash problem-iphone-4.jpg   Camera flash problem-bold9900.jpg   Camera flash problem-img-20121124-00152.jpg  
    CrackBerry User

Have you tried performing a security wipe and also upgrade to the latest Official OS?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I just did a security wipe and my phone is back to factory settings. I tested out the camera with flash and it did the same thing. I even tried the video camera function and enabled the video light. When I start to record, the video light does not turn on. So, I'm not sure what seems to be causing the problem. It's not hardware related, but even after performing a security wipe, it doesn't seem to be software related.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Default Camera flash problem

try removing the flashlight app and see if the camera is fixed. some flashlite apps may use the video lite or camera flash and may have corrupted it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by tapioca770 View Post
    try removing the flashlight app and see if the camera is fixed. some flashlite apps may use the video lite or camera flash and may have corrupted it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Hey Tapioca,

Thanks for the reply. I currently don't have the app installed. I did a security wipe and tested out the camera flash and it exhibited the same problem. The video light didn't turn on either when I used the video camera function. I'm not sure what is causing the flash to act so weirdly.