Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamie Brahm
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9790 after 2-3 days data off...

Hi
    I have a problem with the Bold 9790 .. I have a operator O2 with data (no BIS). A happens to me that after 2-3 days I turn off the connection for all applications except BB-browser.I have enabled TCP / IP and I updated the service book. I tried for 5 FW and still no result .. The only solution is always: hard reset and then again 2-3 days working again ...
    Does anyone know how to remove this?

Global Posts
    33,379 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Get a BIS plan?
    CrackBerry Abuser

The blackberry browser needs a BIS connection. Just get another browser, like opera mini. Same with blackberry messenger, just replace it with a third party email program. BBmaps may be the same - use google maps or something else. Facebook is the only other app I know that needs it - you can just browse the FB webpage, and it still works on wifi.

Oh and the app store will be wifi only on a non-bis phone. So just do that on a wifi.
    Thanked by:
    pkcable (05-07-2014) 
    pkcable likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

But 2 days everything works normally-after reboot.....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

hi
    I just think there by 3 sides and you only work three days .... facebook, google maps, Wisepilot, opera, weather .... and after 2-3 days all reports a problem with the connection and I have to reboot the phone to act .. as if the phone was running a counter .....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I got a Bold last year, my first BlackBerry, and I didn't know about BIS, so I called up my service provider (Vodafone UK), and they gave me BIS for free (I'm on a contract as it is).
    Just saying, sometimes if you don't ask, you don't get.

Posted via CB10