Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Java SDK v7.1 available for Download

BlackBerry - BlackBerry 7

The BlackBerry Java SDK v7.1 builds upon the APIs and tools released with the BlackBerry Java SDK v7.0. The SDK allows developers to utilize several new key hardware features available on BlackBerry smartphones with 7.1 software, namely, the FM Radio tuner and Near Field Communication (NFC) P2P functionality. APIs have been added in this release to integrate with the new hardware, provide new functionality to developers and resolve some of the existing issues identified by the developer community.

Major new features include
    NFC P2P
    FM Radio
    Profiles API

Other new features included in the SDK
    Magnetometer calibration changes
    ICCID of SIM

No mention of Wifi HotSpot capabilities? Unless that is a system resource and no programs have access to this...

I'm still seeing the same beta that was posted last month. Is this supposed to be something new?

File Name: BlackBerry_JDE_7.1.0.exe
    Download Size: 265 MB
    Published Date: 11/16/2011
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Apparently 7.1 is going gold today (December 7) as per Release BlackBerry Java SDK v7.1 Gold

You are right that the download on the page is still showing the old beta. Hopefully the download shows up within the next day or so.

Software Name: BlackBerry JDE v7.1 Beta
    File Name: BlackBerry_JDE_7.1.0.exe
    Download Size: 265 MB
    Published Date: 11/16/2011

Ya I saw Alecs tweet as well. But then just a few hours later BBDev tweeted this:

@BlackBerryDev
    Research In Motion
    #BlackBerry Java SDK v7.1 is in beta!
    bbry.lv/tHzBte Includes a simulator for the Bold 9900 running BlackBerry OS v7.1. ^RM

Sounds like someone didnt get the memo at RIM
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    65,064 Global Posts

Didn't know we were going to be able to have an FM radio. Is that FM music radio or for something else?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Woohoo download link is down on the page...maybe they're updating links?

We're Sorry...

Sorry, you've experienced an unexpected error, please contact the developer support with the error code (9002).