CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry 9900 Freezing

Hello Goodmorning,

I'm new here to the forum, i've seen alot of post on this website,so i registered to be part of the family and ask you guys a question. I have problems with my (new ) bb9900 randomly freezing after i take it off the lock screen, this happens like everyday atleast one time a day, whem i take the phone off the lockscreen to check something on the phone and it freezes, it won't do anything( You will see the screen and all the buttons lighting up but not reacing to any key at all ) till i pull the battery out and put it back in that way it will start normally again till the next freeze, im currently on the latest OS update ( 7.1.0 Bundle 2108 ) do any of you have any solution to this weird problem? as for the apps i only have facebook installed

Thanx In Advance !
  2. BGK
    CrackBerry Master

Hi, I have been running into this problem lately too and I've had my 9900 since they first came out. I wondered if it's the latest OS ? I have the same OS as you and it's starting to bug me. What I do (for now until the next official release) is yank the battery for at least 30 seconds. If nothing else at least you're not alone. I do think it might be fixed in the next release.
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    CrackBerry Master

First, install OS 7.1.0.746. This is the best OS out there for Torches and 9900s. Its amazing! They finally got the OS perfect! (Bitter sweet having done this only a few months before BB10 though!)

Second: Another common reason for painfully long boot times, freezes, and the insidious "phantom freezing" (e.g.: the most infuriating freeze where you don't even get the 'courtesy' of a spinning clock) is due to 'rogue' (poorly programmed) apps.

Try uninstalling your most recently installed apps (one by one) until you notice performance returning. I find Shazam is a common app that can cause phantom freezes and up to 12 minute (yes!) boot times if you don't give it full permissions (which I refuse to do--why does shazam need access to my contact book? Its so they can sell or use your friends' emails and other info for marketing).

Any program that you decided not to give all request permissions to could also be causing an issue.

Good luck! These steps worked for me, so I'm sure they'll work for you as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

BTW: I believe you DO have 7.1.0.746 (e.g.: bundle 2108).

So I guarantee you that you have--at some point--installed a 'rogue' app, or have not given some app all the permissions it wanted. (note: if an app wants more permissions than it needs to do its job, its not worth installing, but definitely worth deleting)

Cheers,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

I received a Blackberry error 507 and had to wipe my phone and reinstall the os and everything seems to be working perfect. Prier to wiping the phone i had battery issue, freezing, some of the keys didn't work......
    you can check out this link or do a search for Blackberry error 507 and it will show yopu how to wipe your phone clean and start from scratch.