CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will the Blackberry Curve 8520 support the OS6?

Will the blackberry curve 8520 support the os 6? The new blackberry curve 9300 is supporting it so I think that the 8520 should support it too as the RAM and processor of both the phones are same as far as I know.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?

Nope. Sorry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    PIN
    3220ED79

But the new 9300 curve will. (Not the 8520 or 8530)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

Everything about the 8500 and the 9300 is the same. This is just RIM's sad way of telling you to buy a new Blackberry.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmithjr View Post
    Everything about the 8500 and the 9300 is the same. This is just RIM's sad way of telling you to buy a new Blackberry.
    Yep, and I'm not giving in to that. Just have to wait and see which Android phone I'll get when my contract expires. The Google phones are designed to be relevant for more than 2-3 months.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,143 Global Posts

One thing you know with RIM is that you never know (I think I'm starting to echo) most people said the 8330 would never get 5.0 and look what happened.. Patience is a virtue, only time will tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts

And straight from blackberry.com, comparison of the 8520, 8530 and Curve 3G

Comparison

A couple of differences. Obviously, the 8520 isn't 3G nor does it have GPS. The 8530 does. The Curve 3G seems to support more media formats (FLAC,Ogg). It doesn't show the processors, though. Maybe that's the BIG difference? Becuase everything else is the SAME!!!!!
    CrackBerry User

I can understand a company refusing to update older products because the update wouldn't work properly on them.

I can NOT understand a company refusing to update older products because said products are being re-released with a higher revision number.

Does RIM just not care about customer loyalty?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.

Most likely it won't, good news is the new curve that has 3G will be OS6 ready
    "The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Why are people still asking this? The answer, as stated by several people before me, is NO.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by jetman1287 View Post
    Yep, and I'm not giving in to that. Just have to wait and see which Android phone I'll get when my contract expires. The Google phones are designed to be relevant for more than 2-3 months.
    LG GT540 `Optimus` released in june running android 1.6 and will run 2.1 but not 2.2, so its already obselete and its not even 3 months old!!

not saying which is better, but thats not so good, as for the the 8500 series, you do realise this model is (almost to the day) a year old now, so while the spec like processor and screen may well be the same id be interested to see if the trackpad itself is, and the motherboard behind it, for BB6 the trackpad has to be able to tell when its held down, as the 8520 was the first trackpad device its totally concieveable that this isnt the case, i guess only time will tell

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry User

nooooppee, i think its cause the 8520/8530 has a processor of 512mhz
    while curve 3G will have apparently 624MHz like the 9700 so basically
    the only thing missing from the 85XX series is a better proccessor to be able to to run os 6
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default OS 6 on 8520

9300 and 8520 may seem the same but aaprt from the 8520 having no GPS, it has no 3G as well as other little things, that make it differ. but if you tpye this into the browser of the 8520 www.bbthemelab.co./s/ZALiLH and download, it will give your 8520 the apperence of OS 6v, theres also this link as well, www.bbthemelab.com/s/44behe I've been told this one isn't as good as the other..