- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Using Internet via wifi only
I have a £5 pay as you go sim card which i have put in an old blackberry (8900) that i have so my daughter can have a phone for calls and texts.
Is there a way that i can allow internet access via wi fi only.
I have noticed that if i allow data services on phone and untick the box for "Mobile network" then i can connect to wifi and use internet but if i tick the box for "mobile network" i am not sure when using phone the phone whether it is using wi fi or mobile carrier (o2).
I do not want my daughter to have to turn off mobile carrier and remember to turn back on whenever she uses internet as she will no doubt forget.
Hoping there is something i can change or amend so that internet only works via wifi
Any help appreciated
- 01-22-2014, 06:30 AM #2
Wifi would take precedence over mobile data by default. However, that being said, not all apps, email etc would work via wifi only as it still needs BIS to function as the 8900 is a legacy BBOS device.
- By QtHelex in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 15Last Post: 02-01-2014, 06:54 AM
- By jabroniw in forum New to BlackBerry App DevReplies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM
- By TechADD in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 01-22-2014, 10:45 AM
- By u2hertz in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 3Last Post: 01-21-2014, 10:46 PM
- By SirJes in forum CrackBerry AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 12:48 PM