CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T OS 6 rollout imminent?

I was in Office Depot today and saw a big poster for Blackberry OS 6 when I noticed this

I'd never seen "OS 6 Upgradable" before as a selling point. perhaps this is old news but I'd imagine that with the at&t phones here all under the big os 6 poster, the bold 9800 there and the curve with this selling point that the official rollout must be very soon.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Qill tip please

Wow! Looks like its fixin to happen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvilCorp View Post
    I was in Office Depot today and saw a big poster for Blackberry OS 6 when I noticed this

I'd never seen "OS 6 Upgradable" before as a selling point. perhaps this is old news but I'd imagine that with the at&t phones here all under the big os 6 poster, the bold 9800 there and the curve with this selling point that the official rollout must be very soon.

Wow u must be right, can't believe nobody else was able to figure out that OS6 will be released "soon" or as you put it imminent....I'm just wondering, the carriers said soon.....but you say imminent....which comes first?

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

while I appreciate the thickness of your sarcasm I'd of thought you'd understand that my intention was to simply share some new information I thought could be simultaneously helpful and potentially exciting to your fellow users on here. if the use of the word imminent was perhaps too outside of the typical rumor mill forum vernacular of "soon" "about to happen" & "maybe?" I will make the necessary adjustment and regress my assortment of vocabulary accordingly.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvilCorp View Post
    while I appreciate the thickness of your sarcasm I'd of thought you'd understand that my intention was to simply share some new information I thought could be simultaneously helpful and potentially exciting to your fellow users on here. if the use of the word imminent was perhaps too outside of the typical rumor mill forum vernacular of "soon" "about to happen" & "maybe?" I will make the necessary adjustment and regress my assortment of vocabulary accordingly.
    After reviewing my post I must admit it sounded a little harsh...it was not my intention to chuckle at your expense personally, it was very early in the morning and I didn't read it back before posting. I like you am just excited for an official release and your Post made me chuckle with the irony of using different words to build anticipation for OS6 goodness. I am sorry, please have a good day and happy holidays!!

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

ha, no problem! water under the bridge, I think we're all just over this silly OS not being released fully yet,(at least in an official fashion)
    CrackBerry Genius

Good news...however, it figures its on the "Deathstar."

CrackBerry User

Awe shucks - it's nice to see you girls have kissed and made up.

Anyway, the AT&T version of Curve 3G (9300 vs. 9330 for CDMA) only has 256 MB of memory. So if AT&T is advertising that their Curve 3G is "upgradeable" to OS 6, then that's the real GOOD NEWS out of this. I am assuming that AT&T's long lag in releasing OS 6 is because they have to certify the OS and tweak it so that it will work seamlessly on, for example, a Bold 9700.
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by Livesamadhi View Post
    Wow u must be right, can't believe nobody else was able to figure out that OS6 will be released "soon" or as you put it imminent....I'm just wondering, the carriers said soon.....but you say imminent....which comes first?

I think the sarcastic tone was perfect. I'm still lmao!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Actually, AT&T has had the blurb about it being OS 6 compatible and upgradeable since they made the official Curve 3G/Pearl 3G announcement this past September. And it's been in all the literature for the Curve 3G ever since.

What was interesting was that they only mention OS 6 for the Curve and not in the Pearl's write-up. Yet RIM had said all along that the Pearl would get 6 too (and can get it as a leak now).