Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation T-Mobile USA & OS6 for 9700 ready

T-Mo USA release OS 6.0.0.448 for Bold 9700.

T-Mo user who needs official software from their operator just connect your phone to Desktop Manager.

You can use online software update option also: BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smart Phones

Because my DM is Turkish language I add screen shot from online opdate site:

Last edited by rroyy; 03-04-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    Thanked by:
    Guatiao (03-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

blackberry os 6 available for 9700 customers

Interesting that it is version .448. There are clearly bugs in the version, but I guess T-Mo thought it was "good enough". I've been using it, its pretty solid.
    CrackBerry User

It's still not listed under software update on the my.t-mobile.com page yet.
    Moto V60>Moto T722i>Sidekick 2>Sidekick 3>BB Curve 8320>BB Bold 9700>BB Bold 9900>BB Z10/BB Q10
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

try online update site or connect to desktop manager but as seen on your sign you're on some software. U can see at "install other firmwares" section it must shown as recommended.
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
  5. wnm
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,912 Global Posts
    PIN
    K Pussycat Boutique

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick26 View Post
    It's still not listed under software update on the my.t-mobile.com page yet.
    Try connecting to DM and checking for updates.

blackberry os 6 available for 9700 customers

Interesting that it is version .448. There are clearly bugs in the version, but I guess T-Mo thought it was "good enough". I've been using it, its pretty solid.
    I don't think it's TMO. I had the option to Beta test if from RIM. I think RIM has said this is the first official OS 6 upgrade for all OS 5 devices.

As for bugs, the same was an issue with OS 4.5. RIM said this is the official OS 4.5 for all carriers, and that was that even though I felt their were issues with that version.
    No one can hear you scream in cyberspace.
    ------
    Democracy: A form of government where the leader is chosen by popularity rather than the ability to run a country.
    If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
    CrackBerry User

Default epic fail

the same thing happened to me. I saw the option to upgrade then i decided to backup my phone just in case the inevitable happened...after the backup the option to upgrade DISAPPEARED. its no longer there. I tried everything, re-booting, re-starting. battery pull and even calling tmo....nothing helped. Its gone forever. I lost
    CrackBerry User

just download the .448 leak, its the same. That's what I'm running
    Moto V60>Moto T722i>Sidekick 2>Sidekick 3>BB Curve 8320>BB Bold 9700>BB Bold 9900>BB Z10/BB Q10
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
  8. Matrix Leader

just download the .448 leak, its the same. That's what I'm running
    Off-course, it's the same, official or leaked, from ANY carrier, will be the exact same if the version numbers are the same. RIM doesn't release a diff OS when releasing an OS to different carriersm

It's just that when a particular carrier has finished testing with a particular OS, they declare it official, but it is still the same OS.

That being said, one can safely install any OS from any other carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Old news to me.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts

At last! For those who want officially released OS versions, this is it!

TMO forums also have users ranting about this, OS 6 Finally Released - T-Mobile Community
    CrackBerry User

Looks like they may have pulled it (not available for me or my cohorts.) It looks like Bell pulled it as weel (as indicated in that thread). Wonder if there's a previously unseen fatal problem...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guatiao View Post
    At last! For those who want officially released OS versions, this is it!

TMO forums also have users ranting about this, OS 6 Finally Released - T-Mobile Community
    This is a mystery to me. I downloaded 6.0.0.448 from DM. According to the BB tech for T-Mobile, this is not an official release. When I asked who has access to the DM program, he thought it might be RIM. I'm just curious. Anybody know who sent this release?

As of today, I haven't seen any mention of this from TMO, RIM, Blackberry Beta Zone.
    We have clearance, Clarence.
    Roger, Roger.
    What's our vector, Victor?
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi i have tmobile and when i go to DM it says no updates are available. Im in chicago, am i doing something wrong or is there a good leak that I can use
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ///M3

Quote Originally Posted by rroyy View Post

T-Mo USA release OS 6.0.0.448 for Bold 9700.

T-Mo user who needs official software from their operator just connect your phone to Desktop Manager.

You can use online software update option also: BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smart Phones

Because my DM is Turkish language I add screen shot from online opdate site:

where you get this info ? people in this site are ridiculous.....tmobile are you sure..not!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ///M3

Quote Originally Posted by wnm View Post
    Try connecting to DM and checking for updates.

I don't think it's TMO. I had the option to Beta test if from RIM. I think RIM has said this is the first official OS 6 upgrade for all OS 5 devices.

As for bugs, the same was an issue with OS 4.5. RIM said this is the official OS 4.5 for all carriers, and that was that even though I felt their were issues with that version.
    its not tmobile.
    The girl who waited

Global Posts
    1,853 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    Off-course, it's the same, official or leaked, from ANY carrier, will be the exact same if the version numbers are the same. RIM doesn't release a diff OS when releasing an OS to different carriersm

It's just that when a particular carrier has finished testing with a particular OS, they declare it official, but it is still the same OS.

That being said, one can safely install any OS from any other carrier.

To clarify... you can install an OS from another carrier provided you delete the vendor.xml file first.
    Twitter @_Miche11e_ .::. BBM Channel C0001B3B5

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your effing smartphone.
    "Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence." - Pythagoras
    Thanked by:
    Guatiao (03-06-2011) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts

Weird... today (3/6) I connected my 9700 to my PC, fired up DM, and I got a prompt to update from .448 to .461...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Weird... today (3/6) I connected my 9700 to my PC, fired up DM, and I got a prompt to update from .448 to .461...
    Interesting.... I did .448 Friday evening my time via automatic upgrade in Desktop Manger (and reverted back to version 5 Saturday monring). From your post and what others have posted above, look they yanked it pretty quick, and substituted .461.

I also went to my t-mobile to do a manual download and install before I used Desktop Manager and didn't see it Friday....could only do it using Desktop Manager.

Interesting. But remember there was a 5.0 upgrade that was announced and then delayed, and then a few days or a week later t-mobile came out with an even newer 5.0 version. I guess this sort of stuff happens, though I never noticed it with t-mobile until lately.
    - Ira
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

I just checked for updates on DM, nothing offered. I'm still running .448, updated about last Thursday evening from 5.0.0.714. Curiouser and curiouser.
    We have clearance, Clarence.
    Roger, Roger.
    What's our vector, Victor?
    CrackBerry Abuser

The update showed up when I synced my BB Friday but it's gone now. I finally upgraded to the 6.0 version of the desktop - still doesn't show up. Went to blackberry.com & tried the update - no dice.

I'm downloading the version on the front page now but it is frustrating that the update seems to not be readily available.
    CrackBerry User

This update also eats up alot of storage space on the 9700, and It causes memory leaks like crazy. I wish there was a option to install the OS6 on your mini memory card instead of the storage device.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    PIN
    215B4058

Talking Loving OS6!

I was very happy late last week when I went to sync/back-up my BlackBerry and was prompted that I could upgrade to OS6. I said to myself "finally!" T-Mobile released OS6 for the 9700 so now I can start enjoying the same OS that so many others have been using for months now. I have been tempted many, many times to download and install one of the many leaks that are out there but I always errored on the siide of caution thinking that if anything can go wrong it will most likely happen to me. Never the less I updated via DM and 30 minutes later I was enjoying OS6. Now I see that it probably is NOT the T-Mobile "official" release, especially since their web site still shows that OS5.0.0.714 is still the most current official for the 9700 but I don't care. In the few short days since I upgraded my 9700 is much faster, more responsive and just plain better since the upgrade. Aside from the minor memory leak (10-12mb over the course of the day) and the small font on the browser plus no column view I don't miss OS5 at all and would not switch back. I read that some TMO users got prompted for the Telus .461 version and if I do I will certainly update but if I don't I will continue to use .448 as I am very happy and satisfied with it and can live with the few minor "bugs" that are present.
    Hutch66-follow me on Twitter @PghSportsGuy
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69

This is not an official TMO update. Like many I connected my 9700 to desktop manager last week and received a message that an upgrade was available. Thinking it was an official TMO update I installed it. Since it installed directly onto my phone I wanted to have a copy on my computer so I went to the TMO upgrade site Unsupported Browser but they still list 5.0.0.714 as the official 9700 OS. I called tech support and was told they have not released 6 but would support it. I'm assuming that RIM is putting some pressure on the service providers to get the OS out there so they are releasing it and having the providers support it.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    Thanked by:
    echo8787 (03-08-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Desktop Manager does not show you an upgrade available unless it is released by your carrier. I know OS 6 was not on the t-mobile site, and apparently Desktop Manager has stopped prompting users to upgrade, and I don't have an explanation for it, but that doesn't change the fact. Just consider all the times that an OS upgrade has been released by other carriers and you have not been prompted by Desktop Manager to upgrade until your carrier releases and upgrade. Whatever happened, at some point in time, for however long it lasted, t-mobile released OS 6 for the 9700. And that's why they will not refuse to support it, I believe.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBronx View Post
    This is not an official TMO update. Like many I connected my 9700 to desktop manager last week and received a message that an upgrade was available. Thinking it was an official TMO update I installed it. Since it installed directly onto my phone I wanted to have a copy on my computer so I went to the TMO upgrade site Unsupported Browser but they still list 5.0.0.714 as the official 9700 OS. I called tech support and was told they have not released 6 but would support it. I'm assuming that RIM is putting some pressure on the service providers to get the OS out there so they are releasing it and having the providers support it.
    Is there anyway you can post an OTA or something of the file of the OS 6 upgrade you added to your computer? I've been looking everywhere for one...as I unfortunately missed the day or so the upgrade was posted. I'm dying to not have the OS 6 upgrade and don't want to download a leaked version.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast