Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Revert back to OS5 from OS6?

Hello all! today I downloaded the leaked version of os 6.0.0.280 and quite frankly don't like it. It runs sluggishly on my phone and I preferred os5. Is there a simple way to revert back to the original? Quick response is much appreciated
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

There is a thread with a walkthrough about this. But in a simple and quick way. You need a program I think called CL Commander, and you run that and it puts the phone into a factory reset. Then DL the OS5 you want. While DLing , delete the OS6 software in your control panel remove/install programs. Delete the files in the RIM folder through C: program files/common files/research in motion/apploader. After DL, install OS5. I would recommend searching the walkthrough. Its easier than it looks. Hope this helps. And this is from what I know, I am at work so I am just going off of what I remember. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    66,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by PolonusA View Post
    Hello all! today I downloaded the leaked version of os 6.0.0.280 and quite frankly don't like it. It runs sluggishly on my phone and I preferred os5. Is there a simple way to revert back to the original? Quick response is much appreciated
    MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR PHONE FIRST WITH DM. It will save your contacts and apps. (AS A BACKUP)

You need to delete the OS6 version from your PC by using control panel and going to add/remove programs and deleting it.
    You need to download the OS you want to put back on your phone.
    Install the OS5 version you just downloaded.
    Then plug in your phone with the usb cable and go to apploader.exe found in c://programfiles/commonfiles/researchinmotion/apploader/loader.exe and double click it.

It will wipe your phone, install the OS5 version you want, put your contacts and apps back.

Basically that is all you have to do.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.821/800 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

thanks for the responses, but how do I re-download OS 5.0.0.732? i deleted OS6 off my computer but I cannot seem to find out how to get the old OS again?

Global Posts
    66,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Quote Originally Posted by PolonusA View Post
    thanks for the responses, but how do I re-download OS 5.0.0.732? i deleted OS6 off my computer but I cannot seem to find out how to get the old OS again?
    Just go here and get the newest OS5 which is 975:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.821/800 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    PIN
    I dont have BBM anymore!!!

I'm with jaydee, I wouldn't go back to .732. If you want to go back to 5.0 os, I would at least go with .975. Better speaker and battery life with no lag. I went back to .732 because I had to send phone back for warrenty issue and I was hating .732.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    PIN
    sanity!

If you really want to go back to .732, you can use DM and select "Update my device" from the Device pull-down menu in DM, it should tell you that no new updates are available, then click the "view other versions" button to see what other versions you can select to revert back to on your device with DM. You can always go back up to either .975 which is recommended over .732 by most or update to the next version of OS6 if it looks promising to you. Always back-up everything first of course and good luck.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

There is no back! Only forward!
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by tspderek View Post
    There is no back! Only forward!
    roger that!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sjkrmurphy View Post
    I'm with jaydee, I wouldn't go back to .732. If you want to go back to 5.0 os, I would at least go with .975. Better speaker and battery life with no lag. I went back to .732 because I had to send phone back for warrenty issue and I was hating .732.
    Is 5/.975 that much better than 5/.732. The speaker alone would make me trash .732

Also, does .975 have a better signal?. One thing I notice on OS6 is the signal strength is more stable so in case I find more bugs beside the application center problem which I can live with if there'[s no fix in build 6/.280, I'll go to 5/.975

.975 no bugs..right? Just improvements over .732?
    CrackBerry Ph.D.

Global Posts
    5,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    BOSCO

Quote Originally Posted by zwoof View Post
    Is 5/.975 that much better than 5/.732. The speaker alone would make me trash .732

Also, does .975 have a better signal?. One thing I notice on OS6 is the signal strength is more stable so in case I find more bugs beside the application center problem which I can live with if there'[s no fix in build 6/.280, I'll go to 5/.975

.975 no bugs..right? Just improvements over .732?
    Yes, according to jaydee, 975 is a big improvement over 732.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    PIN
    sanity!

Ringer volume was only improvement that I really saw with 5/975 over .732, but I also think my signal strength is better/more stable with 6/280 so far, but only 2 days of use is not enough to say for sure.