Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30C128DC
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default no more truncated email?

Any news if O6 will get rid of truncated email or file size limit in attachement? I think they can make a few people happy if it does happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

Doubt it. RIM's stratagy is data compression.
    I've sipped many different Kool-Aid's...
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,349 Global Posts

Yea, it gets annoying after a while.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    g Pong balls!? I thought you said, "King Kong's Balls!"

Folks...truncated email has NOTHING to due with the OS. It is a BIS/BES limitation. RIM could probably turn it off now of they wanted. Then everyone would be screaming at slow everything is. LOL.

But don't expect any OS to remove truncation. OS6 may make html email better and therefore they have to increase how much they allow before truncating but that would be a downstream affect of new capabilities of the OS, and buy the OS itself.

They should make this a setting inside BIS

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,324 Global Posts

Making the email MB limit higher would help a lot, whatever OS we use...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts

yea i hate seeing truncated... i hope they raise it
    Last edited by C_86; 07-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN

I am thinking that they should make it a setting for BES and BIS. Allow users to set it to default which is what it is today, double it, triple it, or go unlimited.

If they employ full html rendring in messages what would the point be if it is still truncated?

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

People will be complaining they just got hit with a huge roaming bill if they do that
    And Civic will have nothing else to complain about lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Sal has a video posted about the webkit browser and he does explain that with HTML support, emails will come in full.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...

Quote Originally Posted by speters150 View Post
    Sal has a video posted about the webkit browser and he does explain that with HTML support, emails will come in full.
    Yes, full HTML?
    CrackBerry Addict

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't the PUSH just saying you have a message to be downloaded, and you download it through your data connection? It's not as if the whole message needs to be pushed through BIS...right?

Well, I see the whole messages when they are pushed to me... but the images and attachments ofc, that I have to download on my on (if I so want to).

Make the images load on their own, and I'll be happy enough (no, not buying an app for that).

Only makes sense to change the limit for truncating since the oS can handle full html... Heck makes sense now, since most people are getting attachments that are that much bigger...

Make it 2.5 times what it is now, should still be enough to keep data consumption on almost all devices low.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Newbie

Hey guys,

I'm reading all these messages and wondering if this new OS 6 will allow me to get my work email on my phone without having to pay for it. Astrasync does not work well. Does anyone know if the OS 6 will eliminate the need to pay for it?? None of my other friends with Droids or iphones have to pay to get theirs.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by jetman1287 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't the PUSH just saying you have a message to be downloaded, and you download it through your data connection? It's not as if the whole message needs to be pushed through BIS...right?
    Not exactly. Push refers to an archetechtire where the device isn't polling the mailserver every 5,10,15 min asking for any mail. With Push the server identfies that it has mail for a specific device and it Pushes it to the device. This saves battery on the device.

The more features is a way to save data and bandwidth by only pushing a certain amount of a longer message. If you just need a perview of a longer message and can wait to read it in full later than you don't need to pull it all down.

Truncation is a cap on larger emails all together. So regardless of requesting more, the system has cut the email off. Again a strategy to save data and bandwidth, specifically on RIM's side. To provide push email they have to have everything running on their infrastructure or NOC.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by queenv1965 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm reading all these messages and wondering if this new OS 6 will allow me to get my work email on my phone without having to pay for it. Astrasync does not work well. Does anyone know if the OS 6 will eliminate the need to pay for it?? None of my other friends with Droids or iphones have to pay to get theirs.
    That has nothing to do with the OS. If your work has active sync running you can set up a BIS account. I am assuming you are paying more for a BES account. I know VZW bumps you $15/month for that.

All you need to know is you outlook web access addess and your email password to try. If your work does not support that type of connection than you need to be on thru BES.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    PIN
    3217F378

I'd rather see IMAP folders before losing the email limit. But what would be ideal is to received the email, and be allowed to manually download it if I choose to, maybe even limit to Wifi connection only.

But please, for the love of email, give us IMAP folders!

I know, I know, not gonna happen, but still want to plead my case.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    by PM only!

If images will all load on their own...that's a compromise. I hate truncated emails, but most of them don't get impacted by it....

Not as long as data tree hugging Mike is in charge of things.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

I'm also one of those that would like to see an option for that.

Personally, I rarely have to use it. However, I can definantely see where it would be advantageous to some. As per I never need it, I don't want everyone to get it though because that would really slow the lines down, which I don't want either.
    Lovin' my BB since Dec '07
    8300 -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 9300 -> 9700 -> 9900

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

The limit is 32k worth of data. That's rediculous!!! I would think that by now RIM would have bumped that up to 64k or 128k. The bottom line is, the BB handset doesn't receive all the data anyway, it pulls it down either automatically with a Get More that's triggered by you scrolling far enough to the bottom of the email to get the next section of data or by a manual Get More or Get All via the Menu options. If those options are there, then the truncation limit is stupid because if you see an email that you won't want to read, you won't be scrolling to get the rest of it anyway, so truncation IS NOT NEEDED!!! Of course, thinking intelligently in not in RIM's capabilities.

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    The limit is 32k worth of data. That's rediculous!!! I would think that by now RIM would have bumped that up to 64k or 128k. The bottom line is, the BB handset doesn't receive all the data anyway, it pulls it down either automatically with a Get More that's triggered by you scrolling far enough to the bottom of the email to get the next section of data or by a manual Get More or Get All via the Menu options. If those options are there, then the truncation limit is stupid because if you see an email that you won't want to read, you won't be scrolling to get the rest of it anyway, so truncation IS NOT NEEDED!!! Of course, thinking intelligently in not in RIM's capabilities.
    Many people still don't know how to disable automore that is enabled as standard or download images automatically for each account and when they come back from abroad holiday they get a shock phone bill. A few months ago a mate of mine got a triple then usual bill I can only imagine what it would've been without truncation.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?

They should allow a 10mb limit, just like most webmail does... That will cover most things.

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Many people still don't know how to disable automore that is enabled as standard or download images automatically for each account and when they come back from abroad holiday they get a shock phone bill. A few months ago a mate of mine got a triple then usual bill I can only imagine what it would've been without truncation.

Yeah, well, there's stupid people everywhere. Why should I have to suffer because idiots don't know how to use their phones?

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    Yeah, well, there's stupid people everywhere. Why should I have to suffer because idiots don't know how to use their phones?
    Lol, isn't that the same as everything else in life?