CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default No "Attach" Option for Text Messaging

Hi, I just upgraded from a Curve 9300 to a Bold 9780, and I've lost the ability to attach pictures to text messages.

On the curve, when in a text I am able to go menu button>attach>picture, or when viewing a picture, go menu button>send>text message.

On the Bold, in the text message screen, there is no "attach" option, and when in a picture, there is no "text message" option.

Is there anyway to get this option back? The Curve is running v6.0.0.526, the Bold is on v6.0.0.666
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by hoyc View Post
    Hi, I just upgraded from a Curve 9300 to a Bold 9780, and I've lost the ability to attach pictures to text messages.

On the curve, when in a text I am able to go menu button>attach>picture, or when viewing a picture, go menu button>send>text message.

On the Bold, in the text message screen, there is no "attach" option, and when in a picture, there is no "text message" option.

Is there anyway to get this option back? The Curve is running v6.0.0.526, the Bold is on v6.0.0.666
    Just fired up my mothballed OS6 9700, same phone as the 9780 but smaller memory, and was able to attach a picture. Is there option there or is there picture just not attaching? I'm sorry to say it could be that the carrier may have neutered the SMS/MMS functions.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

There is just no option to do so. It just doesn't appear in the menu.

A friend tole me it may be because this was a second hand business/corporate phone, they may had disabled this feature. Is there anyway I could reinstall or reset the OS to get this feature back?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by hoyc View Post
    There is just no option to do so. It just doesn't appear in the menu.

A friend tole me it may be because this was a second hand business/corporate phone, they may had disabled this feature. Is there anyway I could reinstall or reset the OS to get this feature back?
    That I have no idea. Maybe someone else with far more knowledge that I could step in and help?

By the way it's not uncommon for business phones to have certain functions neutered for security and usage reason. For instance, the Pentagon disables all camera functions before distribution.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Did you check to see if there is an IT Policy on the device?
    Remove an I.T. Policy from a BlackBerry...

Do you have an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Hi, i did, there is no IT policy currently on the phone. I do not have a data plan, however my Curve allows me to send picture messages regardless of this and I just pay per message i believe.
    CrackBerry User

Hello, i may have the answer but this one hell of a strange case... Try reloading your OS... WITH A FULL WIPE! I bought my phone second handed and wiping it up was just the best feeling ever. Then upgrade OS or install a hybrid (highly recommended)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery007 View Post
    Hello, i may have the answer but this one hell of a strange case... Try reloading your OS... WITH A FULL WIPE! I bought my phone second handed and wiping it up was just the best feeling ever. Then upgrade OS or install a hybrid (highly recommended)
    Please don't follow this advice.
    CrackBerry Abuser

While viewing a message list, pull up the menu and click Options then go to Text Messaging. At the bottom of that options screen should be a section titled MMS. That would indicate whether you have the capability or not.

If you go to Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Service Books, you should see MMS Client and MMS Transport listed in there. If not, the functionality was removed and has to be restored.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Krishna

Do we have to contact Service provider or InternalBB support team to restore MMS service?Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Naga Krishna View Post
    Do we have to contact Service provider or InternalBB support team to restore MMS service?Thanks
    Your service provider should be able to fix it.