Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I download OS5 for my 9330?Downgrading from OS6. Please help with instructions

Hey every one, sorry, I see a couple of topics on this but I'm just not being able to work it out.

I have the blackberry 9330 from Verizon, I had a previous OS, and then I downloaded OS6 and I'm not a fan of it. (I hate change!) I've been trying to find out how to reinstall the previous OS, which I assume is OS5? But I can't find out where to go.

I know you have to download something, then go to control panel with your device connected to your computer. But I can't even find a "control panel" at all on my phone or when connected to the computer.

Could someone please help me with some step by step instructions on what I need to download/do to get the old operating system on my phone?
    CrackBerry User

Firstly go to control panel on your PC without your device connected, delete OS6 from program list there.

If you didn't already have OS5 then download from blackberry.com, usually available by putting in carrier details.

Then when you have OS5 you double click to install to PC.

Once that is done you connect your device and install, it will give you a warning screen about downgrading, agree to this and it should work.

Rather than using the destop software, I found it easier to re-install using apploader found in the C drive/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader.

Any problems feel free to PM me.
    Retired Superstar

Global Posts
    15,721 Global Posts

Connect using Desktop Manager.

Choose to load OS.

Select downgrade OS.

Pick OS from list to downgrade to.

Let install run.

Easiest way for me.

CrackBerry Abuser

i dont get how anyone would want to go back to OS5, it sucks
    CrackBerry User

I just did this. Went back to 5. The browser on 6 blows!

It was quite easy, follow the steps from the post above huecobros's post. That's the easiest way. It worked for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huecobros View Post
    i dont get how anyone would want to go back to OS5, it sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by kneel View Post
    I just did this. Went back to 5. The browser on 6 blows!

It was quite easy, follow the steps from the post above huecobros's post. That's the easiest way. It worked for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Copied from another thread where I posted it, for the edification of those considering the 5-to-6 jump:

I, like alot of people on this forum, am a gadget geek. I was a Nextel guy; had 3 or 4 of whatever the current generation was to swap sims into depending upon what phone I wanted to use that day.

Then it was a few dumb phones (a motorola 815 and a little Samsung that flipped two ways).

Then came the blackberry. Wifey and I had wandered into the VZW store and after learning we were due for our NE2, and that she could get a facebook app, we walked out with two 8330's...4.5, 4.7, 5.0. Enjoyed learning/tinkering with them all. The 8330's were retired, and we appropriated a 9630 (hers) and a 8530 (mine).

About 3 weeks ago, my wife got an iPhone 4. That was really neat to play with, so much that I finally gave in to literally months of temptation and research and went and got a Droid X. This was done with my NE2, and not without much trepidation. My Curve 2 simply worked for me.

It was easy to type on.

The battery lasted all day.

I could stream XM when fishing on the beach or riding in my old jeep.

My work emails were reliable as the tides.

However, the X was just an awesome device. Android OS user interface/neatness factor >>>>> BBOS simplicity (boring?), end of message. The apps, speed, browser, all awesome.

However, I returned the X because I'm too much of a primate to deal with a touchscreen and the phone, however awesome, didn't seem as reliable/sturdy as my little blackberry. It did too much, I guess, if that makes any sense.

My point is: I normally enjoy learning a new OS. This thing lasted 10 hours on my phone, 8 of which I was sleeping, and 1.75 of which I was looking for a download link for 5.0.0.887, wiping, shrinking and installing. Although I see some nice features, the non-customizable (and undeletable) "trays", tried-at-an-Android-notification-shade-and-failed crap at the top, and the half-finished browser all SUCK.

It really feels like it was rushed to the devices. Your opinion may/likely differ, but out of every modern phone I've used, BBOS 6 is the *worst*.