I have just bought a blackberry that runs enterprise software but I have no intention of using it for business and consequently can't set up my e-mail or restore my BBM contacts ... how can i solve this?
    11-14-11 01:26 PM
    1. Check to see if the device has an IT Policy and remove it. Remove an I.T. Policy from a BlackBerry...

2. Make sure that you have an active BLACKBERRY Data Plan (BIS) from your service provider. You will not get the Personal Email Setup option without it.
    edymott1 likes this.
    11-14-11 05:31 PM
    I've just followed the steps to remove the IT policy but it hasnt worked and I am simply trying to change BlackBerries so I have a BIS plan. I did the security wipe and when i look at my IT policy on the phone it says no services but I still can't set up personal e-mails etc.
    11-15-11 06:05 AM
    It wants me to activate my enterprise account.
    11-15-11 06:22 AM
    Sounds like the device is not active on your carrier's BIS. Contact the carrier and make sure that the device is active on their BIS.
    edymott1 likes this.
    11-15-11 04:48 PM
    I just checked and its active on their BIS :/
    11-15-11 05:33 PM
    What specific model device?
    From where did you obtain it?
    Any chance that the device was blacklisted?
    edymott1 likes this.
    11-15-11 06:04 PM
    its the 9300 and i bought it off Amazon. I'm not sure what that means :s. I've spoken to the seller and he says he didn't use it for business but he's going to contact his IT administrator and see if he can delete the enterprise account? I doubt that will work though because the device isn't connected to any servers. I removed it IT policy and have tried a different OS.
    11-15-11 06:29 PM
    You said that you did a security wipe. This will NOT remove an IT Policy. You have to run the resettofactory command. Did you do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    edymott1 likes this.
    11-16-11 08:13 AM
    I don't think so, how do I do this?
    11-17-11 02:12 AM
    Download the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then have a look at this link...

KB27243-Desktop Software Support Tool in BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1 0 1804157903

Basically once the Desktop Manager is installed connect the BlackBerry to it, you will see a question mark at the top right hand corner of the screen, click on that, then click on Support Resources, then Support Tools, this will open up a new window then click on Reset to Factory settings, hopefully this will do the trick.

HTH

Elcuolo
    edymott1 likes this.
    11-17-11 03:48 AM
    The link listed earlier may not completely remove the IT Policy. This link will certainly do it if you follow the instructions http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/

You will need to do these extra steps to make CrackUtil run under Windows 7

I run Windows 7 x64 on all my PCs and I found that CrackUtil would not run after installation until I did this.
    - Install as normal.
    - Open up the root folder of C:\ in Computer
    - Open up a second window pointing to C:\Program FIles x86.
    - Drag (Move) the CrackUtil folder from Program FIles to C:\
    - Open C:\CrackUtil and right click on javaloader.exe.
    - Select Properties and then Compatability.
    - Set to run as administrator
    - Repeat this with CrackUtil.exe.
    edymott1 likes this.
    11-17-11 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD