Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    The tail on the donkey
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how to change default calendar?

Where do i go in OS 6 to change the default calendar? It's currently on my BBM Groups and asks me every time if I want to share. Getting annoying.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    The tail on the donkey
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

figured it out... start typing in Universal Search: Calendar..
    Click the Option
    Click Default Services
    Select Your default Calendar and Messaging options
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

glad you were able to figure it out. follow up question: do you or anybody on this forum know if there is any built-in calendar on the blackberry? cause i noticed when i try to change the default calendar, my only options are the calendars from my respective email accounts that are pushing to the blackberry (yahoo, gmail). i would like to use the generic built-in calendar, if any, rather than any of my email account calendars (yahoo, gmail). any thoughts on this? thanks!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Available upon request

Delete the CICAL service books for your external e-mail services and you are left with the default (built-in) calendar.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mughato View Post
    Delete the CICAL service books for your external e-mail services and you are left with the default (built-in) calendar.

"Delete the CICAl service books Sounds like a great idea "

Pardon me I am a real newbie. When I first synced my Palm Treo data over to my Bold 9650 OS 5.0 via device switch BBDM I had a red iconed default in either calendar or contacts . It said "default" .

My calendar was not syncing properly and I cleaned it all on the Bold and imported from Olook after deleting my Email accounts as instructed in a BB forum .
    My #1 Email stayed as the calendar default even though I tried to delete it , as advised to get my first Email to be the default . I would not mind if NO EMAIL was my default if I could sync everything with OUT LOOK 2002. I could not delete it anywhere.

What I wanted was a vanilla calendar and address book with no relation to any of my 3 yhoo emails. What I wound up with is #1 yhoo mail as default for calendar and CMIME ( that I can change) , and #3 yhoo email as default for contacts that I can not change . Rated in order of importance

I wound up with #3 Yhaoo email by accident when I was recreating it as an account, and I tried to uncheck the box that asked me if I wanted to make it the default .

When you say delete the CICAl service books what exactly is that and can that help me. I have had this BB for 25 days and have wiped it 2x synced it 3 and no one at Sprint knows anything but BES which I do not have
    Help please

I will return this phone in the 4 days I have left as a trial , if I cant understand it by then. I like the phone if I can get it to act as a proper PDA also

TIA