- CrackBerry User
- 31 Posts
DM not backing up messages / unexpected backup error
I am trying to back up my Torch 9800 in order to make the transition to the Bold 9900. When doing a backup I get an error message saying:
"Some databases/files could not be backed up" Databases (1) Messages.
I tried both DM on the Mac and v7.1 on Windows XP running Parallels (which has worked fine in the past except for OS updates).
I don't know what to do and how to fix it. Searching the net came up with all sorts of things which didn't work (there is no "advanced") in my menu of DM for example. I have one "desktop" email account which is BESX on an exchange server I am renting which means I can't use Blackberry Protect anymore. I also have an icloud and a Yahoo account and I have about 16500 messages to back up.
I want to make sure I can back up my messages before I try and load up the 9900. Surely I am not the only person with this problem and I appreciate any help on the matter.Bold 9900, 22.214.171.1247
Playbook 64GB, latest OS
- By IvanAMANation in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 14Last Post: 12-25-2011, 07:24 PM
- By sskassam in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM
- By Fiasco in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
- By rbyers in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2008, 09:56 PM
- By lowlife in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 3Last Post: 09-04-2008, 12:28 AM