Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default desktop manager sync problem after bb protect restore

Recently my husband lost his device (9800) and when he got a new one, he restored the contacts, calendar, etc from blackberry protect. Unfortunately, when he tries to sync the new device (9800) to a new laptop (the old one was lost as well), it does not sync the contact which has been restored, and only syncs the new contacts that he has recently input in the new device. How do we get the old contacts, etc sync to the laptop, instead of just having the new contacts synced? We are doing two way sync. We are on the latest desktop manager, and the device os is 6.0.0.570.

Any feedback or assistance is appreciated.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,236 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ouch! don't play with pins!

If it were me, I would try uninstalling then reinstalling DM. Reconfigure your 2-way sync. What are you syncing to? MS Outlook or ???
    8330 -> 9630 -> 9650 -> Razr Maxx
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

im guessing you dont use blackberry protect? that program works great! if he ever even did just one back up with it he can use it from the website to transfer all his contacts to the new device.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jbarbero View Post
    If it were me, I would try uninstalling then reinstalling DM. Reconfigure your 2-way sync. What are you syncing to? MS Outlook or ???
    Yes, sync to Microsoft Outlook. We did it on a new DM, no luck Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    im guessing you dont use blackberry protect? that program works great! if he ever even did just one back up with it he can use it from the website to transfer all his contacts to the new device.
    This problem came after we restored from blackberry protect. After we got all the contacts back on the device from blackberry protect, when syncing, it refused to sync the original contacts from the restore. It only synced new contacts which we input onto the device. This is a major problem as we restored some 1.7k contacts from the website to the device and it now no longer syncs with the notebook, hence we dont have the contacts in our outlook address book any longer.