These instructions for OS 6 using BB built-in explore function (File Explore 6.0.0)

Step 1- Delete
    Go to Media on the Home screen and press the BB Menu button.
    Choose Explore and press the BB Menu button again.
    Choose Show Hidden
    Select system>samples
    The pictures folder is the one that displays as Wallpapers in the normal browsing screens. You'll notice that you cannot delete the files in this folder, so... Delete This Folder
    The Wallpapers folder is (for now) no longer there when browsing pictures normally.

Step 2- Access
    Enter the same samples folder just as in Step 1
    Press the BB Menu button and select New Folder
    Create a folder with the same name as the one we deleted: pictures
    The Wallpapers folder is now found in normal browsing and it is empty.
    To move pictures to this folder you must cut and paste using the explore function in your phone. As far as I know you must do this one at a time.

*If you add a shortcut to the samples folder on the home screen, you may be able to go back and forth to cut/paste a little faster*

I was not able to access the hidden folders from my PC. I think it all must be done on the phone.

*Originally posted under Torch 9800. May not work w/ OS 5 so I copied it to OS 6 thread page. Sorry for the duplicate. Didn't know how to move it or contact admin*
    Last edited by KuroKuro00; 06-08-11 at 12:32 PM.
    Doomantia likes this.
    06-08-11 11:29 AM
    A far easier method is to just delete the backgrounds .cod using BBSAK, or manually removing it from the Java folder prior to installing an OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 07:52 PM
    might be helpful if you said WHICH .cod to remove using BBSAK from a Torch, instead of just saying remove one... I don't see a "backgrounds.cod" if that's the supposed name...

And no, you can't just go to Explore and delete that hidden folder or files Kuro... there is no option for it, as people in your other post have said...
    06-21-11 07:30 PM
    These instructions for OS 6 using BB built-in explore function (File Explore 6.0.0)

Step 1- Delete
    Go to Media on the Home screen and press the BB Menu button.
    Choose Explore and press the BB Menu button again.
    Choose Show Hidden
    Select system>samples
    The pictures folder is the one that displays as Wallpapers in the normal browsing screens. You'll notice that you cannot delete the files in this folder, so... Delete This Folder
    The Wallpapers folder is (for now) no longer there when browsing pictures normally.

Step 2- Access
    Enter the same samples folder just as in Step 1
    Press the BB Menu button and select New Folder
    Create a folder with the same name as the one we deleted: pictures
    The Wallpapers folder is now found in normal browsing and it is empty.
    To move pictures to this folder you must cut and paste using the explore function in your phone. As far as I know you must do this one at a time.

*If you add a shortcut to the samples folder on the home screen, you may be able to go back and forth to cut/paste a little faster*

I was not able to access the hidden folders from my PC. I think it all must be done on the phone.

*Originally posted under Torch 9800. May not work w/ OS 5 so I copied it to OS 6 thread page. Sorry for the duplicate. Didn't know how to move it or contact admin*
    I have a 9800 with the latest version of OS6, and I don't have the option to create a new folder. Any ideas? I shrunk out the default wallpapers, and I want to add some of my own to the default wallpaper folder.
    06-22-11 05:45 PM
    might be helpful if you said WHICH .cod to remove using BBSAK from a Torch, instead of just saying remove one... I don't see a "backgrounds.cod" if that's the supposed name...
    net_rim_bb_mediaOTA_backgrounds_480x360_03_c.cod
    07-02-11 12:08 PM
    I accidentally duplicate a picture from my Camera picture folder & moved it to wallpaper folder. I can't delete that picture. But thanks to OP's steps now I can delete the picture in the wallpaper folder.
    05-30-13 11:59 PM
    Thanks for the BBsak app info. It took literally 3 minutes to download, install, and finally to get rid of those space consuming sample wallpapers. Great little app.
    12-18-16 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";