02-24-11 12:48 PM
- In viigo, i can see titles in Cyrillic, but article text is all garbled.
Changing a font does not help.
In OS5, i never had such issues with any version.
Probably just going to downgrade at this point. OS6 didn't seem like much of an upgrade to me.. including the browser experience.02-22-11 09:20 PM
- What exactly were you expecting in an upgrade? OS6 is a huge upgrade from 5, however you are correct about the browser, it doesn't come close to living up to the hype that preeceeded it. But if the language support doesn't meet youir needs that would be a deal breaker for me too.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Last edited by lcw731; 02-23-11 at 07:42 AM.02-23-11 07:38 AM
- I was expecting not to lose, what I consider, basic features.
The droid's and the iOSs, I am sure, don't have this problem (i know for a fact on Android).
Cyrillic support was built into all browsers since IE3 or 4.. meaning on most platforms--ages ago.
Anyway, not a huge deal for me, since there was nothing for me to like about OS6 anyway.
Was stuck with only one stock choice for a theme. All ringtones I was familiar with, gone. Name lookups were all slower, due to device trying to search everything else stored in it. Browser performance? Couldn't notice any difference.
I am sure there are good things in it as well, but as you said, no cyrillic is a deal breaker for me. Just sorry I wasted 3 hours on an upgrade and re-arranging all the icons and not looking forward to the whole wipe/install process.02-23-11 05:50 PM
- I know the Cyrillic support is a big issue one for you, and I can understand that alot more than some other peoples "deal breakers".
Alot of the other stuff you mention is either a matter of changing a few settings, or technology , people, and development catching up with the software.
Were the ring tones you were missing the ones from OS 5? They are available as a single download from m.blackberry.com. There are several threads about how to find them. It took me about 10 seconds to install them.
I know alot of people had a problem with the single theme, I personally like the stock theme, but there are new themes coming out now. If in a subsequint build RIM puts the Cyrillic support back in, I hope maybe you give it another try.
Last edited by lcw731; 02-23-11 at 10:37 PM.02-23-11 10:06 PMLike 1
- It's disappointing to hear that ANY language support was dropped from OS6, especially when models like the 9650 are intended to be used as "world phones." I understand that any new OS may have glitches with certain other features, since it takes some time and experimentation to work out all the details. But something that's developed as an "upgrade" should NEVER take away language that some users really NEED in order to use their BBs as they were intended to be used.02-23-11 10:18 PMLike 1
- The ringtones maybe easy to find, but why take them away in the first place.
Same with themes... When Vista came out, they made sure you could get the XP look if you wanted it. Agree on Universal search--probably tweakable.
As I said, there is probably a lot of things to like about OS6, but things to dislike shouldn't have been on the list, if BB invested a little more common sense into OS planning.02-24-11 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD