Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BOLD to Be or not to Be with BB6

I'm so confused a week ago crackberry said the 9650 and others
    are scheduled for the 6 update. Now some one post a leak saying
    the 9650 is scheduled for EOL. The Blackberry article today says the
    9700 would be the best blackberry after it receives OS6.
    I thought the 9700 was under powered with 256m of memory,
    how can that be better than the 9650 sitting with 512. Then i hear
    there will be TWO version of 6 a full and a mini versions of 6.
    I thought the 9700 would have to get the scaled down version,
    but todays article said with 6 the 9700 could be the best BB of all.
    Whats up with all of this.
    Can someone clue me in..
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,385 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ten of them makes a frame

We are getting OS 6. Just relax and wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

Chill, dude. The 9700 is getting OS6 because it isn't a touch screen. Keyboard devices can run 6 with 256mb since the touch stuff isn't there, basically. Touch devices like the storm 2 with only 256mb can't run it well for that reason. As far as the 9700 being the "best" berry, that's opinion. 9700 has a lot of fans. 9650 is still a damn good phone though, so no worries.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    PIN
    ???????????

yeah and about the EOL.....an android fan posted that thread lastnight and got alot of LIP for posting that...LOL...so not to worry. it foesnt get the EOL for verizon until march of 2011............loooooooong time from now =)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    PIN
    306A2DFF Yes! I am displaying my pin.

OH! Squirrels!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask if you need it.

The eol date that the op was talking about is I believe about the time vzw will be launching LTE so there may be something behind it for 3G devices going out and new 4G devices entering the market.
    But as for OS6, vzw has it and testing it. I only say this because its on a vzw bb9650 that bbleaks is trying to extract it from. So let's stop all the freaking out and wait patiently for big red to drop or leak the os6.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    PIN
    ???????????

amen.......
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wish I could go a day without a post about OS6. Why are people so concerned? I'm happy with my 9650 the way it is and I may not switch to OS6 unless I really like it. I have yet to read anything about it, look at any pictures or videos or make posts about it.

It will be here when its here and I will give it a whirl. I assume the first few releases will be buggy and slow anyway...no rush here I plan on keeping this phone 2 years.

Global Posts
    10,072 Global Posts
    PIN
    323E1E5A

Quote Originally Posted by abtjason View Post
    The eol date that the op was talking about is I believe about the time vzw will be launching LTE so there may be something behind it for 3G devices going out and new 4G devices entering the market.
    But as for OS6, vzw has it and testing it. I only say this because its on a vzw bb9650 that bbleaks is trying to extract it from. So let's stop all the freaking out and wait patiently for big red to drop or leak the os6.

I read on Verizon's site that the LTE will support both 3g and 4g phones.

Deploying LTE

"Verizon Wireless will be the first company in the U.S. – and among the first in the world – to launch LTE with a sizeable footprint. We will launch our 4G LTE network in 25 to 30 markets late in 2010, covering approximately 100 million people; we’ll double that in 2012. And we plan to cover our entire existing 3G footprint with 4G LTE by the end of 2013.

Verizon Wireless plans to utilize our nationwide, contiguous 700 MHz spectrum to deploy 4G LTE. This spectrum covers the entire lower 48 states and Hawaii, and gives our customers the nationwide bandwidth and coverage they need, when and where they need it.

Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network will be backward-compatible with our existing 3G network. That means the two networks will co-exist and services will be integrated between LTE and our 3G Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Rev. A network. We will also support handover to existing mobile networks, thereby providing seamless coverage to Verizon Wireless subscribers right from the start"
    Last edited by ClintRo; 08-26-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Collect coins or want extra income??? https://www.numisnetwork.com/CER

I'll Stop procrastinating tomorrow!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by tspderek View Post
    Chill, dude. The 9700 is getting OS6 because it isn't a touch screen. Keyboard devices can run 6 with 256mb since the touch stuff isn't there, basically. Touch devices like the storm 2 with only 256mb can't run it well for that reason. As far as the 9700 being the "best" berry, that's opinion. 9700 has a lot of fans. 9650 is still a damn good phone though, so no worries.

That makes sense, however i read i Think? OS 6 takes over 200m
    and 9700 would have no room for apps. Maybe i'm missing the fact
    that the full version is with touch. the 9700 is no way better than the 9650 for multible reason such as the 9650 is an updated version with more juice.
    So i guess it just someone at att making there blackberrys the bomb !
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    16,449 Global Posts

I wouldn't worry about it. The 9650 is getting BB6, and it'll be great.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

I'm sorry to bring this threat back but;
    Verizon and Sprint currently have no blackberry
    to compete with Att and now Bell. They should
    update their flagship 9650 to BB 6 just to stay in the race.
    This would create new interest and boost sales for the Bold.
    The Torch has had the market to itself long enough !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

What are you talking about? The torch was just released. Some of you people really need to get a life.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts

Yep a good move for verizon and sprint would be to update like you said to 6 and then bring a white version! I, myself like my black one but I know a lot of people would be excited for a white version. With a new color and new os 6 it would be like a new release. Oh and GvdM what was the point of your post? U need to get the life man. A lot of people are excited for 6....myself included so go fly a kite~
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by jebulls View Post
    Yep a good move for verizon and sprint would be to update like you said to 6 and then bring a white version! I, myself like my black one but I know a lot of people would be excited for a white version. With a new color and new os 6 it would be like a new release. Oh and GvdM what was the point of your post? U need to get the life man. A lot of people are excited for 6....myself included so go fly a kite~
    Thanks for the support. In my mind it only seems logical.
    Get back into the BlackBerry race now !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jebulls View Post
    What is it with folks caring so much about what color their phone is? I mean, really, if Otterbox figured out they could make a mint by simply making colors to order for people. It's simply an afterthought... and it doesn't change how a phone works...
    I think I'm gonna reroute my trip
    I wonder if anybody'd think I'd flipped
    If I went to L.A., via Omaha
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH Harmonics ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Bulldawg View Post
    What is it with folks caring so much about what color their phone is? I mean, really, if Otterbox figured out they could make a mint by simply making colors to order for people. It's simply an afterthought... and it doesn't change how a phone works...
    No, but people like to express themselves. Some choose to do this by the color of their phone. Some by their style in clothes. Wearing a Burberry shirt doesn't make me act any different, just look different.. It's basically the same thing.
    Spiral_ouT Keep Going
    Lateralus

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

Whatever floats your boat, its just odd to see people pay more for a different plastic case. Just seems odd to me.

I care mightily that my phone get OS 6. I don't care if the darn thing is pink, its in an otterbox, so its a nice dull black regardless of what RIM wanted...
    I think I'm gonna reroute my trip
    I wonder if anybody'd think I'd flipped
    If I went to L.A., via Omaha
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts

I didn't say I wanted the white version. Just a clever way for verizon to almost relaunch the phone! Personally even if I could choose I would rather have black.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

Whatever floats your boat, its just odd to see people pay more for a different plastic case. Just seems odd to me.

I care mightily that my phone get OS 6. I don't care if the darn thing is pink, its in an otterbox, so its a nice dull black regardless of what RIM wanted...
    Many of us don't care for cases, especially giant behemoths like an otterbox. In that case color makes a difference. And I highly doubt you'd carry your phone around and flaunt it if it was pink.

Global Posts
    17,212 Global Posts

Only the defender is huge... Both the impact and commuter are pretty thin.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH Harmonics ♬

It seems odd to me that people would pay $10,000 for a Mont Blanc pen as well.. Can write just as well with a $4 Pilot pen.. But people do..
    Spiral_ouT Keep Going
    Lateralus

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

I seriously doubt OS 6 will be coming out for the Bold. The EOL is in a few months and once that time comes, no new updates will even be made for the phone. If OS 6 was gonna run on the Bold, it would've been released already.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zwoof View Post
    I seriously doubt OS 6 will be coming out for the Bold. The EOL is in a few months and once that time comes, no new updates will even be made for the phone. If OS 6 was gonna run on the Bold, it would've been released already.
    I dunno how Verizon works, but the Curve 8900 has been EOL'd for a long time now and T-Mobile just released OS 5 for it on September 1st.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts

The BOLD will 100% get os 6. And EOL on the Bold is March of 2011. Zwoof's info is all completly false. We should see the software upgrade within the next 6 weeks or so!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast