bold 9650 appworld issue
I have a friend with a bold 9650 that his company bought on ebay. he updated the appworld the other day and after reboot it disappeared I've tried deleting and reinstalling from the web on the but I still can't get to it. it says its there but I don't see the icon. I tried factory reset and no good. I tried installing through the pc and it says my os is not compatible. my os is 184.108.40.2061 I'm in the us and trying to install the bridge app so I can pair with his new playbook.
I'm completely lost on this one. I suspect the issue is where the bold originated from.
Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
- 12-09-2012, 08:21 PM #2
I recall a situation with a recent version of appworld (last few months) where if you updated it you lost the icon to launch it. This happened to me.
It required going to a previous revision of AppWorld but I don't remember the process for that. I do application backups (using the switch device utility) myself whenever I do data backups, I don't remember if I restored it from one of those or what I did. Sorry can't help more than that.
- 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM #3
After seeing another thread here it jogged my memory a bit.
I had to re-install the older version of appworld from a private archive that someone has of the different versions. A link to that archive is in the following thread, but be careful about which specific version it links to before trying to install something - you may want a different version:
OS6. Where's Apple World?
You may also want to try doing a forum search for "appworld" and the domain of that software archive. Good luck.
- By O-so-Glam in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 6Last Post: 04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
- By codemaker in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 39Last Post: 11-14-2010, 01:37 AM
- By roybldr in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 7Last Post: 11-01-2010, 07:40 AM
- By pa7tip in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650Replies: 15Last Post: 09-23-2010, 08:02 AM
- By All-In in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2010, 09:28 AM