Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9780 OS6 downgrade to OS5?

With 9780 looming around the corner, for those of us old people who are used to OS5.... does anyone know if the 9780 will allow for downgrade from OS6 to OS5 without any problems?

Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by j883376 View Post
    good call.

Now, OP, close the thread. Click Edit, then Delete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

where's the thread? The link just bring us back to the

BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > BlackBerry Device Help and Discussion Forums > Reload this Page BlackBerry Bold 9780

That's not being helpful indeed.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    PIN
    76A74FF2

Don't be afraid of OS6 I'm running the leak & wouldn't think of going back to 5

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    PIN
    76A74FF2

Also don't worry about the thread, if mods want it moved they'll move it

7. Matrix Leader

Quote Originally Posted by gordongr View Post
    Don't be afraid of OS6 I'm running the leak & wouldn't think of going back to 5

Very well said partner.

OS 6 blows new life into a 9700 and actually performs fine if you remove all the unneccesary apps like appworld, podcasts, social feeds, and the instan messenger clients that u dont use.

I would never downgrade to OS 5 even on my 9700
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.

I'm not really why anyone would want to downgrade to OS 5. I mean, we have all been there as the new OS 5 leaks and official came and went. Most people asking, practically begging for OS 6. IMO - OS 6 does take some getting to used to, but after a few days with it, I think you'd have to agree that it is much better than OS 5. Now...I'm not saying the new OS is perfect, but it is a definite step in the right direction. Give it a try, who knows maybe you'll really like it. But at the end of the day, its what you want and need that really matters.
    CrackBerry User

Why would you want to go back to Windows 3.11 for workgroups when you can have Windows 7 on your new shiny top of the range PC? The OS6 is significantly different to OS5.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dadobuns View Post
    With 9780 looming around the corner, for those of us old people who are used to OS5.... does anyone know if the 9780 will allow for downgrade from OS6 to OS5 without any problems?

Thanks.
    Never gonna happen... there is no, and never will be an OS5 build for the 9780

Just as there was never an OS4.x for the 9700

CrackBerry Newbie

Default OS6 Sucks so far

Well I live in Saudi. I recently got my 9780. I switched from Android 2.2.

So far the experience is very bad with OS 6 in Saudi.

1. Facebook, Twitter, and my space apps are not working.

2. BB Messenger is not running properly.

3. System is buggy with error messages like "Input system error The system is being restarted" which I've been told I can only fix it by formatting and reinstalling the system.

@red422
    It is more like moving from Windows 7 to Windows 95

People here are telling me the only way I can make things run smooth is to go back to OS 5 and use the old BBM and Facebook application. I mean come on WTF is this.

Oh I also forget to mention that the App Store is locked here as well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Why to downgrade

I just got OS6 on my Bold 9650 (Sprint), and there are a LOT of reasons to downgrade. The calendar doesn't act the same way -- there's no way to view it the way you used to be able to, and the way I prefer to be able to (i.e. see the full text of all your appointments (not just the first few words) and also be able to scroll up and down in an easy way (OS6 is jumpy), and also no way to scroll sideways to rapidly accelerate to another day to schedule an appointment (it takes forever on this OS6 to go from, say, Jan 18 to Feb 18). Then, when you switch to "Agenda" view, it becomes even MORE jumpy.

Also, there is no way to click on a missed call and select "View History" to see all the times that this number has been called/missed/received.

I do, however, like the fact that the phone begins searching when you type, eliminating the step of going to the "search" "application" on OS5. But I wish that BB would at least give us an OPTION of viewing the calendar the old (and better) way.
    CrackBerry User

OS6 is also full of bugs that RIM has not even commented on such as the *INVALID FIX* deadlock.

Good job Rim!
    Torch|Rogers