02-23-11 10:11 AM
OS 6 blows new life into a 9700 and actually performs fine if you remove all the unneccesary apps like appworld, podcasts, social feeds, and the instan messenger clients that u dont use.
I would never downgrade to OS 5 even on my 970012-04-10 01:03 PM
- I'm not really why anyone would want to downgrade to OS 5. I mean, we have all been there as the new OS 5 leaks and official came and went. Most people asking, practically begging for OS 6. IMO - OS 6 does take some getting to used to, but after a few days with it, I think you'd have to agree that it is much better than OS 5. Now...I'm not saying the new OS is perfect, but it is a definite step in the right direction. Give it a try, who knows maybe you'll really like it. But at the end of the day, its what you want and need that really matters.12-04-10 01:22 PM
- Phill_UKCrackBerry Wiseguy
Just as there was never an OS4.x for the 9700
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com12-05-10 05:54 PM
- Well I live in Saudi. I recently got my 9780. I switched from Android 2.2.
So far the experience is very bad with OS 6 in Saudi.
1. Facebook, Twitter, and my space apps are not working.
2. BB Messenger is not running properly.
3. System is buggy with error messages like "Input system error The system is being restarted" which I've been told I can only fix it by formatting and reinstalling the system.
It is more like moving from Windows 7 to Windows 95
People here are telling me the only way I can make things run smooth is to go back to OS 5 and use the old BBM and Facebook application. I mean come on WTF is this.
Oh I also forget to mention that the App Store is locked here as well.01-15-11 02:44 AM
- I just got OS6 on my Bold 9650 (Sprint), and there are a LOT of reasons to downgrade. The calendar doesn't act the same way -- there's no way to view it the way you used to be able to, and the way I prefer to be able to (i.e. see the full text of all your appointments (not just the first few words) and also be able to scroll up and down in an easy way (OS6 is jumpy), and also no way to scroll sideways to rapidly accelerate to another day to schedule an appointment (it takes forever on this OS6 to go from, say, Jan 18 to Feb 18). Then, when you switch to "Agenda" view, it becomes even MORE jumpy.
Also, there is no way to click on a missed call and select "View History" to see all the times that this number has been called/missed/received.
I do, however, like the fact that the phone begins searching when you type, eliminating the step of going to the "search" "application" on OS5. But I wish that BB would at least give us an OPTION of viewing the calendar the old (and better) way.01-18-11 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD