Right now as I type this I am at my girlfriends. She downloaded a movie and I want to put it onto my phone. Is the only way to do this using BlackBerry link? Oh and Mass Storage works for the ds card. But that's fill of all my files and music.
    03-08-13 01:47 PM
    Mass Storage should work for your device memory as well. You should see two USB drives show up on Windows My Computer.

Cheers,
    canderson85 likes this.
    03-08-13 01:53 PM
    Nope. I only get it for the SD cars. Did I miss a setting.?
    03-08-13 02:34 PM
    Mass Storage should work for your device memory as well. You should see two USB drives show up on Windows My Computer.

Cheers,
    this is incorrect. 2 drives will only show up if you use the standard connections that BlackBerry Link configures. you don't need to use BlackBerry Link interface but the drives are installed along with the BlackBerry Link install. the only way to see device storage on a PC is if BlackBerry Link has been installed already.

turning on mass storage mode will only show the sd card as a removable disk and is completely independent of BlackBerry Link. it will not show your device storage. but mass storage mode is MUCH faster for transferring files to and from the sd.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:47 PM
    Nuts to that!

Settings > Storage and Access > Access using WiFi > Turn On

Go to your computer, type in \\YOURBLACKBERRYNAMEHERE and you can access the devices internal memory and SD card over WiFi using Windows Explorer, no USB cables, no syncing, no drivers, no Link.
    R Field likes this.
    03-08-13 02:49 PM
    Bleh, I want the old school way back... I'll try woman's way later, but I personally despise the Wifi sharing thing.
    03-08-13 03:08 PM
    They've improved it greatly. Super fast now. Easy. And it's more UNC/LAN sharing - WiFi sharing implies there's a client and difficult process to be followed.
    03-08-13 03:13 PM
    Nuts to that!

Settings > Storage and Access > Access using WiFi > Turn On

Go to your computer, type in \\YOURBLACKBERRYNAMEHERE and you can access the devices internal memory and SD card over WiFi using Windows Explorer, no USB cables, no syncing, no drivers, no Link.
    This doesn't work. Just tried it.
    03-08-13 11:20 PM
    Unless of course both devices need to be connected to that Wifi, then I'm just ducked because no one but her landlord knows the password. Damn BlackBerry and there lack of traditional drag and drop style use.
    03-08-13 11:23 PM
    Unless of course both devices need to be connected to that Wifi, then I'm just ducked because no one but her landlord knows the password. Damn BlackBerry and there lack of traditional drag and drop style use.
    Umm.

Yeah, both devices need to be on the same network. Enjoy your USB.
    03-08-13 11:33 PM
    I did this, I get stuck at this screen asking for a password and username which doesn't do anything no matter what I try. This is such a hassle. What would I do if I needed files was but at the cottage where no Wifi is. Ri...BB should have thought of that kind of thing.
    03-08-13 11:37 PM
    Update: I got Wifi sharing to work. But it says my file will take 4 hours to transfer and is only transferring at 430 kps. Slow as heck.
    03-08-13 11:45 PM
    What device did you come from before?

WiFi file-sharing is NOT a permanent solution, it's a wireless solution and it works flawlessly. It's also for easy access while at home to transfer files. If I want to watch a TV show on my phone, I download it using my laptop, then flip it to my phone over WiFi. If I want to copy pictures off my phone to my computer, I do it over WiFi. If you were at the cottage and needed to transfer files, you'd plug in a USB cable.

As for the username and password - the username is "BlackBerry" and the password is whatever you entered when you enabled "Access using Wi-Fi".

As per your update: I get pretty fast speeds, 1.8MB/s usually. You might be using an older router/have a bad connection.
    03-08-13 11:47 PM
    I come from the BlackBerry legacy os. Where all you did was the same action one would do with a portable hard drive or USB stick, just plug it in. No Wifi sharing, no networks, and no hassle. That's what I want back. Plug your old blackberry or USB stick in and you'll find out how I am used to doing things.
    03-09-13 12:05 AM
    I come from the BlackBerry legacy os. Where all you did was the same action one would do with a portable hard drive or USB stick, just plug it in. No Wifi sharing, no networks, and no hassle. That's what I want back. Plug your old blackberry or USB stick in and you'll find out how I am used to doing things.
    I can take my Z10, plug it into a USB port and copy files to and from it just like I could with the legacy devices. I'd recommend just using the SD card going forward. Seems like that will solve your problem without installing Link all over the place.
    03-09-13 12:20 AM
    Damn. I was using the SD card sole for my 14 gigs of music. This means I need a bigger one. Hmm. And the search begins.
    03-09-13 12:40 AM
    Oh Oh apparently I can't use the mas storage for anything large like an eight gig movie.
    03-09-13 02:19 AM