I know this has been asked many times before, but I just wanted to know that A.) Why is this issue occurring? B.) How to fix it.

I wiped my phone to factory reset on Monday morning around 10 AM, and it was quick to first 80% in like 30 minutes and since then, it has been crawling. I noticed that at 3:30 PM, it was 94%, another hour in, at 4:30PM it was at 95%. Then I checked it again at 9:30PM and it was at 97%.

Last when I checked it at 3:00 AM it was at 98% and has been stuck at 98% since then.

I am not certain if it would ever complete this, even if it would, how long would it take? Has anyone ever waited so long for it to complete. Seeing the pattern, it was stuck at 94% for an hour, about 2 hours at 95 and 96% and about 5-6 hours at 97% and, it seems like it is following a Fibonacci pattern.

I am not sure what kind of encryption/ decryption stuff is going on behind this but this is totally ridiculous. I have seen posts saying Passports, Q10s, Z30s all getting stuck for hours and days, but why, there is no way to stop it? it is an issue for sure, what do I do now. I am a long time Blackberry user and this is the first time that I think where it might have failed me. I am fine with battery issues, lack of apps, but this is not the thing I'd want to take so long. You're deleting data, not securing it. Get the rid of it man, come on!
    10-06-15 06:25 AM
    10-06-15 06:30 AM
    You're deleting data, not securing it. Get the rid of it man, come on!
    Actually you are securing data. The purpose of a security wipe is to make it so that no one can recover the data from the device. It is a complex process but can be made to go faster by removing the SDCARD and deleting data and removing applications first.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-06-15 03:41 PM
    I don't normally recommend doing a security wipe unless the phone is going to be sold or returned. But I recently bought a Leap so I decided to wipe my Z10LE which has not been wiped or had an autoloader applied since 10.2. The SDCARD was already out, the phone had 7 GB free and I never remove the battery while it is running. I turned off BlackBerry Protect and started the wipe. It finished in under an hour.

If you do decide to do a security wipe, and the only reason to do one is to securely erase your personal data so no one can recover it, this is the way to do it.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-06-15 07:20 PM
    Use bblink.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2789
    10-06-15 07:53 PM