Honestly I think BlackBerry instead of fixing the rampant reboot issue purposely denied access to the info on the setting page so people won't be able to tell and then complain about it. They are trying to sweep the issue under the rug and hope that it dies down. Probably to focus on the BlackBerry aristo that's coming out in a couple of months. What do other non BlackBerry fan girls think.

Again if u are a BlackBerry fan girl please gtfo my thread. I don't need biased BS coming from your mouths. If u can't rake honest critique about BlackBerry stop trolling this site.

Posted via my expensive paper weight
    05-20-13 04:58 PM
    Sounds like they follow the Toyota playbook This is typical of BB since the days of the two co-clowns, er CEO's - they were in serious denial for years while BB went down the tubes. Ultimately it's a management issue, not a technology issue.

And don't get me wrong - I am a tremendous fan of BB and I love my Z10 - it is light years ahead of Windows, IOS and Android in concept - it's just the execution that stumbles.
    05-20-13 05:07 PM
    I agree with u. They didn't plan this very well. They rushed bb10 to avoid any more damage and loss in the cell phone market. Imo they should have released BlackBerry 10 around 2013 October after all the bugs had been fixed. I am pretty sure that's turning off a lot of ppl. And now with the the cross platform support for bbm I don't think a lot of ppl would even bother coming to BlackBerry. Really poor execution. And on top of that they are releasing a ton of phones in 1 year. That soo stupid. Look what happened to apple. Stock prices at a all time low. The only difference apple enjoys a dedicated and passionate fan base and a large one at that. BlackBerry does not.

05-20-13 05:36 PM
    I still have it, but the time is off by 5 hours.
    Running 10.1 with Telus

Z10 reboot info not available!!! On purpose-img_00000280.png

Posted from my ZED10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-20-13 06:22 PM
    Interesting, mine with Bell does not so boot time anymore....
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    05-20-13 06:32 PM
    How do you know it was done on purpose OP? I'm not saying it wasn't but I have no way of knowing. This is starting to look like your memory leak thread where there was no memory leak. You just didn't understand how RAM works on devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:35 PM
    Are u stupid? Why else would they do that. NOW after all the complaints about the reboots coming they couldn't figure it out. So ya they did it on purpose and if u want to defend BlackBerry go ahead but please don't choose to be ignorant. What other purpose would it serve to have that info disabled? It doesn't cost BlackBerry anything or us anything. It is part of the settings. Even android shows it as stock.

05-20-13 07:04 PM
    If you want the last boot time, enter this in the browser:

file:///var/boottime.txt
    RD9700 and purpledog10 like this.
    05-20-13 08:17 PM
    The reboot is an issue but I don't see any signs of it being swept under the rug.

It's not like BlackBerry said 'You're holding it wrong'

It's not about being a fan boy. If you expect us to accept an honest 'critique'. You have to be willing to hear one too.

Yes people will agree with you but people that don't agree with your view shouldn't be told to GTFO

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Keepin_Pace; 05-20-13 at 10:58 PM.
    05-20-13 08:26 PM
    Are u stupid? Why else would they do that. NOW after all the complaints about the reboots coming they couldn't figure it out. So ya they did it on purpose and if u want to defend BlackBerry go ahead but please don't choose to be ignorant. What other purpose would it serve to have that info disabled? It doesn't cost BlackBerry anything or us anything. It is part of the settings. Even android shows it as stock.

So people who disagree with you are "stupid"? Frankly, that's just ********.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    05-20-13 08:28 PM
    Yeah, BlackBerry did this all on purpose. They're deliberately trying to ruin your life. Oh yeah, and since the dawn of time, every single hardware and software launch has gone off without a hitch until the Z10, which was the first phone to ever have problems.

In all seriousness, not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes glitches are just glitches, not universal or systemic failures. I, and a lot of others, don't get random reboots.

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    05-20-13 09:01 PM
    If you want the last boot time, enter this in the browser:

file:///var/boottime.txt
    But-but-but conspiracyyyyyyy...

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    05-20-13 09:13 PM
    So uh, I guess I just got lucky then? My boot time is readily available as shown on image above. No conspiracy here.

Posted from my ZED10
    05-20-13 09:19 PM
    ROFL.

Worst thread ever perhaps?

Jumping to conclusions because u want to believe BlackBerry is hiding something?

Sorry but my phone shows the last boot.time along with my wife's. Both on rogers and latest carrier update of 10.1

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    05-20-13 09:29 PM
    Out of curiosity, those that don't have a boot time: Are you running the official OS, or a leak? The leaks have never shown a boot time. Just wondering if this has carried over to the official OS. Based on the last post (2 phones on Rogers), it doesn't look like it. If it's only on the leaks, can you really accuse Blackberry of anything for a leaked OS?
    05-20-13 09:37 PM
    Telus 10.1 official upgrade
    no information available

But it doesn't matter to me. I've seen it reboot a few times since I got in in February. It has never dropped on a call or when I was doing anything important. Hopefully they fix it. Minor annoyance to me at the most. The minutes I save using BB10 vs the competition make up for this by far.
    05-20-13 09:47 PM
    Someone needs to wrap that aluminium foil around their head a bit better. Keeps the government and big business from reading their minds or putting evil thoughts into their minds. Time for a nap.

From Zed to U via CB10
    05-20-13 09:57 PM
    Z10 reboot info not available!!! On purpose-e98c9dac39dd1f973f174ccac152dc91.gif
    omg!! Conspiracy!!
    05-20-13 10:16 PM
    If your not happy with the platform, then leave. My feeling is that it's something with the radios. BlackBerry is not apple..... I'm sure they're working on it.... all you do is rant..

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:27 AM
    My reboot notice changed to "unavailable" when I installed 1726. Same again with 1880...

I must say though, 1880 appears to have stabilized my Z as neither mine nor my wife's Zs are freezing and/or rebooting like they were. (AT&T) BlackBerry or the elves that work for them are on to something with this leak. The change was too dramatic not to notice.
    05-21-13 09:07 AM
    Unlocked Z10 Dev LE, options shows no information available, /var/boottime.txt shows the time I installed the official Rogers OS OTA.

I guess that makes me a trolling fan girl. Considering the source I'll take that as a complement.
    05-21-13 09:11 AM
    I've found that this option depending on time zone. If you change your own time zone to GMT (Reykjavik) and reboot device, the boot time will appear. Now you can change time zone to your own. But after the next reboot the boot time will disappear again. Hope that someone from BlackBerry read this forum and will fix this bug.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:25 AM
    Interesting, mine with Bell does not so boot time anymore....
    Same with my Rogers Z10. But I do think people were over reacting with the whole reboot issue and unwilling to do proper research into why it may be occurring on their device. IMHO there are multiple causes of the reboot, hence BlackBerry can't categorical say what maybe the cause.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    05-21-13 09:39 AM
    I have only had 1 unexpected reboot on my phone in ~ 2 months. But i'd rather have a reboot instead of a freeze.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.1.0.273 on Rogers
    05-21-13 09:42 AM
    05-21-13 10:12 AM
29 12