| | 02-16-13, 11:30 PM Thread Author #1
Z10 - My comments and questions
Hello all, been a devoted BB user since my trusty 8700, finally decided to actually sign up instead of just spending hours reading on here. loved my bold 9900 but like many of us I am sure, I waiting past my comfort zone for the new BB10 to finally come out. got my Z10 2 days ago, and while I am no means blown away, I can see the first release of a new OS that truly is next gen. looking forward to more updates and what the future holds for BB10. After many frustrations in setting up my new phone with what should be the simplest of tasks, I have it pretty much with everything going on it now. I wont bother with my complaints because, I am sure we know most of them already. to love blackberry is always a little bit of a love and hate relationship.
I have a few questions on things that are troubling me, i ask for your help, but I have noticed some pretty angry people on here so for those people I do not ask for their help. lets play nice in this crackberry sandbox please.
1. Still have many things on my Bold 9900 calendar that did not sync over when i got my email accounts up and running, not sure why, my question is has anyone come up with a good solution to sync up with outlook and also google calendars, this is important for my business. I run a macbook, so even on the old DM there was no sync from phone to mac, only mac to phone, which is totally backwards for most of us. now with BL there is no sync features at all (for business, and blackberry has always been about business, until now it seems?). I understand active sync is now a pay option, i'm good with that, does it work for outlook + gmail to and from my mac outlook to my new Z10? is outlook.com a better alternative?
2. Just had a weird experience with BBM video + voice chat. called my buddy who is the only other guy I know with a Z10 (we are both in the same city and on same carrier), we can see each other but not hear each other, I tried toggling the mic mute button but it did not do anything. tried voice call and video call (could see each other in video call). the mic icon on my Z10 has a line through it that doesn't go away if I press the icon. anyone else have this? was a rather disappointing first go at a cool feature.
3. set up my email accounts (all dedicated business accounts, not gmail or yahoo) and just did the email + password thing, worked awesome, but I have noticed they are not push accounts and they check for mail every 15 minutes at best. should I be setting these up as a pop 3 account like on outlook? whats the best way to get push email? I have 6 accounts I need to do.
4. I read a thread on having an email icon, and while I think we should have the option of using an icon along with the hub (as someone said, change is good) but I understand there is not one. I would like to be able to group my email accounts in the hub to show as 1 feed, not 6, but that does not seem possible. mostly as Im finding it a little distracting to work off of the main hub with everything in there, I am sure i will get used to it, but I like my things separated, maybe because that is what i'm used too i guess, will see how I am 2 weeks from now. I also don't like having to look at my email accounts 1 by 1, I find it much slower.
5. I notice that most everything can be an active frame except some of the things I really want in there, mainly text + email, those stay only in the hub when minimized, is this correct or is there another way to do this. the active frames are fast for multi tasking but i don't need to multitask password keeper and such. I am all for the hub but a smart phone should not force you into only 1 way of doing things, that is why my iPhone is used as an iPod! would love to have my active frames with my text, email, bbm, Facebook, calendar, twitter and phone, maybe in a future update or do we think they will be migrating everything into the hub, i have seen the thread for people wanting to get rid of the text icons so that is why I ask.
well I am sure I forgot 10 things I wanted to ask but happy to be on crackberry, nice to have a blackberry that I can go online with finally. thanks!