This is probably such a small thing to be complaining about but it bugs me the most... when you go to change your BBM picture you can't zoom in or zoom out. Specifically zoom out. Pretty much no picture fits in the box properly. I read some people talking about going to the picture and pinch zooming it smaller and then screen shot it but for some reason when you do that, the picture ends up being blurry after you make it a bbm picture even though the actual printscreen'd picture isn't blurry looking.
    shaunj539 and Darlaten like this.
    03-20-13 10:08 PM
    Yes you can. Use two fingers to pinch zoom it. In the BBM picture changing setting.

The reason you can't zoom out is because the picture is auto scaled to fit the largest size. If you were allowed to zoom out further, you would get black bars on the sides since the aspect ratio must be preserved.
    03-21-13 12:51 AM
    Original:

You know what my biggest (small!) gripe about os10 is...-img_00000115.png

Pinch:

You know what my biggest (small!) gripe about os10 is...-img_00000114.png
    03-21-13 12:53 AM
    I want to zoom OUT though. almost every picture doesn't fit in the box, including the one you just posted. in all the other versions of bbm you could just zoom out so the whole car would fit in the box and then you'd hit ok. I want this feature back. Like I said, you can go into photos and pinch to zoom out so it's smaller and then printscreen it and use it but for whatever reason the picture loses it's sharpness when you do it that way. I find myself never changing my BBM picture now.
    ktrehan likes this.
    03-21-13 01:38 AM
    My bigger grief is : it's so addictive I spent hours playing with it for no reason!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 01:50 AM
    Shane, as I said earlier, the reason the pictures can only zoom out so much is due to the aspect ratio difference. Get a huge picture with a 1:1 aspect ratio, and it will fit. For example, find a 5000*5000 pixel picture, and the entire thing will fit.

This isn't an issue with bbm, it's just plain logic. Go try to fit a wide screen picture in the Facebook profile picture and see what happens. Or try to fit a portrait picture in the Facebook cover photo. Why is that so hard to understand?
    03-21-13 06:21 AM
    Shane, as I said earlier, the reason the pictures can only zoom out so much is due to the aspect ratio difference. Get a huge picture with a 1:1 aspect ratio, and it will fit. For example, find a 5000*5000 pixel picture, and the entire thing will fit.

This isn't an issue with bbm, it's just plain logic. Go try to fit a wide screen picture in the Facebook profile picture and see what happens. Or try to fit a portrait picture in the Facebook cover photo. Why is that so hard to understand?
    The old BBM did it, the new BBM doesn't, - and I'd like it too. Why is THAT so hard to understand?
    03-21-13 07:19 AM
    lol cry me a river
    03-21-13 11:56 AM
    The old BBM did it, the new BBM doesn't, - and I'd like it too. Why is THAT so hard to understand?
    I've never used the old BBM, but unless it cropped the picture (thus decreasing its size) or messed around with the aspect ratio (the picture would look squished), there is physically no possible way of fitting a picture of a different aspect ratio in that box. Perhaps BlackBerry wanted uniformity? It looks better to the end user. Why do you think all iOS icons are the exact same shape/size?
    03-21-13 12:13 PM
    Hey, I totally agree with the OP and his gripe. He did clarify that it is a small gripe. But it is annoying non the less. The old BlackBerry allowed you to do this, and just had black bars on either top or bottom. It worked pretty well. New BlackBerry doesn't allow for this. It's just one of those small features that I'm sure will be addressed in good time.
    03-21-13 03:35 PM
    I've never used the old BBM, but unless it cropped the picture (thus decreasing its size) or messed around with the aspect ratio (the picture would look squished), there is physically no possible way of fitting a picture of a different aspect ratio in that box. Perhaps BlackBerry wanted uniformity? It looks better to the end user. Why do you think all iOS icons are the exact same shape/size?
    That's the thing though, it didn't look squished or anything. You were just zooming out so the picture was smaller, being able to fit in the box. It was all uniform for all contacts in the list still. I guess it's hard to understand unless you had blackberry before.
    03-21-13 09:26 PM
    lol cry me a river
    Are you twelve? I made the thread to see if it was bugging other people and to kind of be a joke that my biggest negative on the phone is such a small thing because I love my phone.
    03-21-13 09:27 PM
    Bugs me too. Literally can't get any pic to be displayed more than half. The cropping function worked well on the older versions, without compromising the clarity or quality of the pics. Certainly wasn't pixelated or anything like that. There was definitely more room to play with before.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:38 PM
    Just chimming in that I am with the OP on this one. It's a small irritation for me, but an irritation none the less.
    03-21-13 11:10 PM
    Just chimming in that I am with the OP on this one. It's a small irritation for me, but an irritation none the less.
    sweet, you can join me in my journey down the river of tears.
    Last edited by ShaneN.; 03-22-13 at 03:31 AM.
    03-22-13 03:19 AM
    sweet, you can join me in my journey down the river of tears.
    Would the river be the River Denial?
    03-22-13 11:03 AM
    It's not hard to understand, he is just refusing to. It's not a huge deal but it is something that i'd like as well. If i post something like a meme to my bbm and it's too big i cant post it because it cuts off words making it not funny. The old BBM did it, they need to give us that option too, end of story.
    03-22-13 11:51 AM
    If you want to fit an entire picture in then edit it on your computer so that it's a square (1:1 aspect ratio). You'll need to fill in around the picture with black, white, blue, whatever you want. The picture always need to be square because BBM profile pictures are square. When you try to use a picture that isn't square BB10 crops it down to square. If you want to fill it in rather than crop you'll need to use a computer. Once it's filled on a computer so it's square then BBM won't need to crop anything.
    03-22-13 05:01 PM