Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jimpilot
  • 1 Post By berryaddictnoza
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Are You Asking Your Favorite Apps to Support BB10?

I have been emailing the makers of my favorite apps to see if they will be supporting BB10. This is a typical answer:

You are the first person to ask about Blackberry 10. We'll re-assess as need be, but right now it doesn't look we will invest in the new Blackberry platform at this time.

Hopefully everyone else is doing the same to get devs thinking about supporting 10.
    Thanked by:
    AfroZepher (12-26-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,824 Global Posts

I've been considering buying a WakeMate (a Bluetooth-enabled bracelet which, to make a long story short, helps you sleep better), but I emailed them today to see if they're planning a BB10 app before I go ahead and purchase it. They have an app for current BlackBerry's according to their site, so hopefully they'll be willing to create one for the new platform (or at the very least port the Android version).
    Z30 (10.2.1.3247) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Addict

I wonder if these developers are getting their information from the media. In that case they are clueless. Developers who have actually looked at the tools realize the the level of "investment" needed to get started developing on BlackBerry 10 is not that much.

Hacks.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball BlackBoard Lite Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10, 5 Slides, Markdown Man, Movie Title Creator, Pixel Censor
    Thanked by:
    jimpilot (12-27-2012) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

I've got a thread listing contacts, places to vote and petitions for apps to come to BB10 . . .Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
    Here's a couple of petitions while your at it. . .
    Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and. . .
    Pandora®: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    . . .
    Here's hoping for the best! Thanks again OP!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

I have been a pain in the a$$ to the companies that have apps I use. I have been getting positive responses by fwd the link to the Android port-a-thon thing RIM is doing; ; http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/12/the-android-port-a-thon-for-blackberry-10-is-here/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+blackberry%2FCAxx+%28BlackBerry+Develope r+Blog%29
    Thanked by:
    AfroZepher (12-27-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by berryaddictnoza View Post
    I have been a pain in the a$$ to the companies that have apps I use. I have been getting positive responses by fwd the link to the Android port-a-thon thing RIM is doing; ; http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/12/the-android-port-a-thon-for-blackberry-10-is-here/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+blackberry%2FCAxx+%28BlackBerry+Develope r+Blog%29
    I'm guessing your seeing these positive responses from more local and individual devs. . .(oh and the link you place is not working . . .did you mean this? All Aboard the BlackBerry 10 Port-A-Thon «BlackBerry Developer Blog)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    I wonder if these developers are getting their information from the media. In that case they are clueless. Developers who have actually looked at the tools realize the the level of "investment" needed to get started developing on BlackBerry 10 is not that much.

Hacks.

You make a good point. I wrote the dev back and suggested the new tools might make his investment small.

The app is called flight caster. It allows you to check on the inbound aircraft for your flight. Using it I have seen several delays long before the air line announced it.

If you use it please write them.