There's a LOT of hype building up for BlackBerry 10. But a lot of features and details seem to have been leaked too. What if the launch is like the iPhone 5 launch where most of the details were already revealed so it was underwhelming. I'm expecting a pleasant surprise at best and realistically just expect BB10 to be RIM's effort to merely catch up and maybe have a few more efficient features over the competition like the stuff we already know about.

Reviewers will probably stay moaning about the lack of 700,000 apps and write off the whole thing as a long overdue catch up. Some more reasonable reviewers will compliment the new better ways of doing things like the blackberry hub and flow and all that. The most optimistic reviews will say they like what they see and see a lot of potential for growth but being late to the game and lack of apps makes the whole thing just OK at present.

What do you think? I'm personally already sold on BlackBerry 10 based on just what I have seen and anything else that RIM reveals will just be icing on the cake probably. That's why I'm going to keep my expectations in check and tone down the hype a bit.
    01-19-13 09:20 PM
    Plenty of these threads musing about the success of the BB10 or what people are expecting.

Bottom line: Wait and see!
    01-19-13 09:34 PM
    I agree with you. While I am mildly concerned that we have seen pretty much all the good stuff, I have to believe that there is something more to be shown, So I am planning for what we know already and hoping for a bit more. Regardless, based on the feedback from those who have actually used the device, the reality of using it is light years better than the presentations we see here on Crackberry or the official Blackberry site. I just want to get one in my hands to see how it works.
    01-19-13 09:47 PM
    Don't forget - the media, and most consumers expect this is a launch of "THE BB10"; that being... PHONES!

However, launching BB10 means launching a mobile platform for not only phones, but - tablets, cars, computers, multimedia/entertainment devices, etc.

We can & should keep expectations realistic, but you can expect to see innovations beyond phones @ the launch, no doubt about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-19-13 10:02 PM
    I'm more afraid of an underwhelming lunch.
    spike12, Dapper37, jakie55 and 7 others like this.
    01-19-13 10:09 PM
    Are you afraid of an underwhelming launch?

No.
    jesse_h and kbz1960 like this.
    01-19-13 10:10 PM
    Probbabbly underwhelming for those who bbeen researching and catching all the BB10 leaks. All others.............heck naw!! BB10 has too much to offer #BB10
    01-19-13 10:39 PM
    What we've seen is tidbits, even if there was nothing altogether new. the details pertaining to what people believe they know should knock are socks off.
    I for one believe the details will matter + we will see more stuff; services, apps, refinement, 3rd party integration and more!!
    I was worried a year ago, yet still a believer!
    But like someone said. we have to wait.
    I worry more about another, are you worried thread! Don't know why Im bored i guess and I have nothing else to worry about
    01-19-13 11:47 PM
    Also there's a huge difference between seeing various leaks in foreign languages (to me, a native canadian), only short clips, tape on screen, and for most part amateur quality and comparing it to videos that are professionally done, with fully explained features/highlights BY the creators. I think this in it self will be awesome to see.
    01-20-13 12:01 AM
    To elaborate on his point, exactly what he said, its an OS launch, not jus a phone. What you think you may know, its nothing compare to what RIM will reveal come a few days from now. Don't just expect a phone. I'll say that much and their much more features besides what you've seen, right Brizzad?

Don't forget - the media, and most consumers expect this is a launch of "THE BB10"; that being... PHONES!

However, launching BB10 means launching a mobile platform for not only phones, but - tablets, cars, computers, multimedia/entertainment devices, etc.

We can & should keep expectations realistic, but you can expect to see innovations beyond phones @ the launch, no doubt about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-20-13 08:18 AM
    The important thing for people to bear in mind is that your average consumer has not spent the best part of a year devouring every blurry pic or random clip that has shown up on the blogs, to the general public the amount of info about bb10 is much more limited so as long as they can get across their message about how good bb10 is and demonstrate that it will not have the same weaknesses of previous devices (closing the app gap with top tier partners being shown off) then things will be fine everywhere that still likes blackberry.

The only real grey area will be how the states responds to bb10, if they remain indifferent to anything that isn't iphone or an oversized android device then it will put a bit of a damper on the launch, but hopefully this won't be the case and the carriers will back rim properly with these devices.
    ibpluto, fbf2012 and BB_Bmore like this.
    01-20-13 08:21 AM
    I do see RIM doing everything within its power to make the BB10 a successful launch.
    Reviews of the BB10 by those who have had a chance to use it has been mostly positive, so IMO, I do see it being highly probable that reception among the general public will be the same. We will only know for sure on Jan 30th.

Sent from my BB 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-20-13 09:08 AM
    I have no fear of being underwhelmed. Think about the long list of features that have been "leaked", and then think about how much we've really seen of any of them.

We think there will be DLNA... but have you actually seen it demonstrated? We've heard of the video editor and photo editor, but have seen only the output of the first, and only a quick teaser for the latter, and in a pre-release form. We know there will be better integration with various things like USB and Windows networks and The Cloud!!(tm).. but we've seen almost nothing about that beyond hints and the odd screenshot.

In fact, everything we've seen by definition has been pre-release, and I bet they've held back some really interesting things even from the carrier testers. It's not like they needed to be given 100% of the final feature set just to do their testing.

Nope, no fear of being underwhelmed here.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-20-13 09:27 AM
    There's a LOT of hype building up for BlackBerry 10. But a lot of features and details seem to have been leaked too.
    Lol, if you only knew.

Trust me come Jan 30 2013 you will delete your post, with MUCH joy.
    VanMtl likes this.
    01-20-13 10:53 AM
    I actually believe in RIM this time.
    01-20-13 11:04 AM
    What this be? Transfering a voice call to "audio appliance" , I think I like that. Any ideas on what "audio appliance" would be? Car? NFC? A work around bluetooth patents? Anybody?
    Attached Thumbnails Are you afraid of an underwhelming launch?-img_00000509.jpg  
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-20-13 at 12:07 PM.
    01-20-13 11:52 AM
    No.
    10 char
    01-20-13 11:54 AM
    I'm not worried about it. Like others have said above, the main goal of this launch is to alert the general public about all the goodness BB10 has to offer, even though this is stuff we've all known for a while, so even if there aren't many surprises for us who'v been following BB10, the launch will still be successful in this goal.

That being said, literally EVERYONE who's played with a Z10 says that there are still a lot of surprises left. So I'm DOUBLY not worried, if that makes any sense lol
    01-20-13 12:08 PM
    Also there's a huge difference between seeing various leaks in foreign languages (to me, a native canadian), only short clips, tape on screen, and for most part amateur quality and comparing it to videos that are professionally done, with fully explained features/highlights BY the creators. I think this in it self will be awesome to see.
    What is your native language? Cree?
    01-20-13 12:57 PM
    I hope it is not too Thorsten centric. He is not a big name or super star and people at RIM may not realize that.
    He is a good guy but has a low Q rating.

I think they may have concerts afterwards. I could see Jessie J in London since she has done some BB concerts before. I should tweet her and ask.
    01-20-13 01:00 PM
    I hope it is not too Thorsten centric. He is not a big name or super star and people at RIMM may not realize that.
    He is a good guy but has a low Q rating.

I think they may have concerts afterwards. I could see Jessie J in London since she has done some BB concerts before. I should tweet her and ask.
    No concerts, it starts with a presentation, and then they will set up devices so everyone there can use them.
    01-20-13 01:03 PM
    afraid,,, no,,, but it wouldn't surprise me,,, i will be underwhelmed if phones & pb upgrade aren't available right away, say less than a week,,, there may be a couple features that might be really cool to offset that a bit,,, i do feel that the ppl that are over-excited will be the ones to most be let down,,, if they have their act together, in the U.S. @ least, they SHOULD bring out the big guns TODAY during the playoffs,,, it's 10 days off & time to get it on,,, if there's no ad time there they may be blowing it,,, the oportunity to get MILLIONS of eyes on BB10 is staring you in the face, literally...
    01-20-13 01:18 PM
    honestly yes.

seems like hardly any consumers know about the launch.

some press know, which is good, but i wager the launch will have next to no impact until the press get their articles out a few days after
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-20-13 01:20 PM
    honestly yes.

seems like hardly any consumers know about the launch.

some press know, which is good, but i wager the launch will have next to no impact until the press get their articles out a few days after
    You're kidding right?

Press are all over this BEFORE the launch,I hinted at that this morning on Kevin's breakfast post (Front page), Umi confirmed it later in his front page post.

It will be interesting to see when Kevin next posts if he makes mention of the press/media all over this.
    01-20-13 02:56 PM
    No. What I saw so far after actively looking for articles I like what I see. It looks fresh and if that was all that was there. I say excellent! I love my BB9780 and a new device with BB10 can only be better. Battery life for me is the most important factor
    01-20-13 02:58 PM
52 123