I recently wiped my phone and now it seems there's some new problem where the Yahoo server just doesn't respond to the BB10 email software because I get a time out message from the account setup now. That's when I deleted and I tried to add the account back. Originally when I restored my phone on December 12,2016, I only got one of my two yahoo mail accounts to work with Hub, while the other still doesn't get a server response. I can login to the account in question using my BB browser with no problem and opted to use "less secure apps" to sign in from other devices but still there's a server problem even after I played with the settings by removing "rim" from the imap and stmp settings. People have suggested getting rid of Yahoo but I still need that email to work. Yahoo has been hacked recently so this might be the reason. This: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-mail...html.......and this: Unable to integrate a Yahoo! Mail account on your BlackBerry? Try these fixes! | CrackBerry.com won't help with this new problem. I even tried using POP instead of IMAP and double checked the settings. It must be the Yahoo server blocking Hub from accessing by ignoring the request. If anyone out there has either had the same problem with Yahoo mail or some other helpful advice please respond. I've tried changing my password, too but same problem. Attached picture happens for Imap, too. Thanks.

Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20161227_100816.png

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 09:24 AM
    Recently Yahoo has changed their security and BlackBerry phone login is considered as low security login.
    First Login your Yahoo account and change settings there so you can configure Yahoo in phone.
    "We may block email applications that use a no longer recommended sign in method from accessing Yahoo accounts. We recommend upgrading to an app with up-to-date sign in security measures to better protect your account.

While we don�t recommend granting access to apps that use a less secure sign in method for the reasons mentioned above, for the time being, you can temporarily choose to allow access.

Go to your "Account security" settings.
    Select Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
    - To turn off, you can simply deselect."
    https://in.help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
    12-27-16 10:42 AM
    The problem is I tried using that option already. For some reason is not working with that one Yahoo account. I guess there's no solution but thanks so much for your answer.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 11:09 AM
    I really don't know the reason why yahoo is doing this, except that they are now much more afraid of hackers attacks, after recent discovery in public.

But the main thing is really funny for me, and I have been asking few months before about it..... Is it possible that one yahoo, lol, is thinking that blackberry email client and blackberry security system is "less secure" 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

If that think any other email service, it would be maybe ok, but yahooooooo, helloooooo world
    12-27-16 11:54 AM
    That's the first thing I thought upon finding out about the Yahoo "less secure app" idea. They should be hiring BlackBerry so they won't get hacked. They're a bunch of clowns and I'm going to try to switch that email to some other company.

Posted via CB10
    Shedaisy0363 likes this.
    12-27-16 03:29 PM
    Yahoo wasn't recently hacked, they have just recently gotten around to telling us they were hacked years ago. Long past time to go somewhere else for email service.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    12-27-16 03:55 PM
    It is very easy, what is your nickname yahoo. My nickname is Edwin. Do not leave your name empty. You do not know your nickname, go to yahoo, and personal Info. And you will see your nickname.
    Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20170105_195655.png

Silver Passport
    Ducca683 likes this.
    01-05-17 07:18 PM
    Wow. You were right!!! The nickname has to be there and it's under my personal information. It solved my problem. Thanks so much!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 10:25 PM
    I have the exact same problem. It all started on Dec 29th when I changed my yahoo mail password because of their dumb hacking BS. I can sign in just fine on my computer, but I have tried everything over and over and over and nothing works. Ive spent hours trying to get my BB to add my yahoo account back. It has given the respnse above, it has given "cant add email and contact at this time" , your account is currently enabled to sign in from apps that do not meet modern security standards. We strongly recommend that you switch to yahoos apps such as yahoo mobile...Ive tried to figure out how to get the mobile app, but im at my wits end. I would appreciate any advice. Thx
    01-11-17 01:54 AM
    Ive been trying to get my yahoo email back on my BB since Dec 29th. Im fed up with this crap. Its totally ridic. I guess ill take the enormous task on of changing to another email. Good god almighty. Im so upset I cant see straight!!!!!!!!!
    01-11-17 02:00 AM
    Hang on......try using your first and last name as it appears under your Yahoo! account info. On your phone when you go to "accounts" in BB10 > add account > email, calendar, and contacts > the next screen tap the advanced symbol on the bottom > advanced setup select Yahoo! > under "username" put your Yahoo first and last name there. That should do it.
    Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20170111_222242.jpg
    Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20170111_222259.jpg
    Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20170111_222427.jpg
    Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20170111_224112.png
    Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20170111_224118.png
    Yahoo Mail server response problem-img_20170111_224126.png

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 09:41 PM
    Thanks Tvko for giving the username idea. I experimented with that and got all my Yahoo accounts working. Happy new year.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 09:43 PM
    Yahoo is a dead company at this point, and their mail service has been terrible for a decade. IMO, folks would be much better served using a competitor - almost anyone else. Yahoo's ineptness is legendary, and now, just a part of history.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/b...ness.html?_r=0
    01-11-17 10:47 PM
    I know. People keep saying this but these are less important email addresses I have with Yahoo that I don't want to switch somewhere else. Anyway I solved my problem. Next time I'll go elsewhere. I think Yahoo is trying to sneak in a two step sign-in by requiring the account holder's name from their account. It doesn't have to be your real name of course but they aren't telling people that you need the extra info to login and have created frustration for their customers. What other emails do you recommend besides Gmail? I'm trying to stay away from Google for email.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 07:28 AM
    I know. People keep saying this but these are less important email addresses I have with Yahoo that I don't want to switch somewhere else. Anyway I solved my problem. Next time I'll go elsewhere. I think Yahoo is trying to sneak in a two step sign-in by requiring the account holder's name from their account. It doesn't have to be your real name of course but they aren't telling people that you need the extra info to login and have created frustration for their customers. What other emails do you recommend besides Gmail? I'm trying to stay away from Google for email.

Posted via CB10
    Hotmail/outlook. The nice thing is you get Activesync, which allows for things like out of office replies to be set from your phone.

I only use my Yahoo account as a junk box. Failure to support push on BlackBerry 10 was the last straw...I have a BlackBerry because I want my emails asap.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 06:47 PM
    Damn! Legend! Thank you, that worked...

Cheers/Kudos 2 tvko
    03-07-17 09:58 PM