[new thread, updated ]

I had to get a replacement Z10 from ATT.

With the new device, I've encountered persistent sync problems with my yahoo account.

When I add my yahoo account, I initially get many prior emails in retrieval, but not as many as 30 days or more. Moreover, I can send emails from this account on my device and it is received by other platforms, but it's not on my account on my device. And, after the less than 30 days worth of messages are uploaded, when I go from the hub to Settings>Email Accounts>The Account>Edit Account, this message in red shows

"An unexpected problem occurred with [email protected] - [email protected]. Some features may not be working correctly."

Also, "Update Password" is blank. I re-enter it and save, but to no avail.

I've searched the forums and via google and others have experienced similar general sync or "Unexpected problem" issues. But after trying all recommended solutions -- battery pull, delete/re-add account, wipe device and reload various OS with or without backup -- none of those solutions are working.

Gmail doesn't seem to be affected.

Am wondering if I need a new device as I had no such problem on my first Z10 with any OS??

Anyone with known solutions, please -- let me know!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nathan62969; 02-23-14 at 10:13 AM.
    02-23-14 10:02 AM
    There's something goofy going on, and I'm almost positive it's on yahoo's end. Been trying to help a friend for days now, and the issue persists. Can you send from your phone?
    02-23-14 10:14 AM
    [new thread, updated ]

I had to get a replacement Z10 from ATT.

With the new device, I've encountered persistent sync problems with my yahoo account.

When I add my yahoo account, I initially get many prior emails in retrieval, but not as many as 30 days or more. Moreover, I can send emails from this account on my device and it is received by other platforms, but it's not on my account on my device. And, after the less than 30 days worth of messages are uploaded, when I go from the hub to Settings>Email Accounts>The Account>Edit Account, this message in red shows

"An unexpected problem occurred with [email protected] - [email protected]. Some features may not be working correctly."

Also, "Update Password" is blank. I re-enter it and save, but to no avail.

I've searched the forums and via google and others have experienced similar general sync or "Unexpected problem" issues. But after trying all recommended solutions -- battery pull, delete/re-add account, wipe device and reload various OS with or without backup -- none of those solutions are working.

Gmail doesn't seem to be affected.

Am wondering if I need a new device as I had no such problem on my first Z10 with any OS??

Anyone with known solutions, please -- let me know!

Posted via CB10
    I had the same HUB issue for a day or so with Yahoo! Have you tried the 5 swipe in the HUB to reset the HUB? Also, have you tried going in the actual phone phone settings, selecting accounts, and making sure your email is connected there?

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-23-14 10:22 AM
    personally, i made the choice to drop yahoo. i had issues originally with my playbook with yahoo contact and calendar sync. yahoo's support was non existent. i made the difficult choice to switch, but i have not looked back. no problems since...btw, i switched to outlook.com
    02-23-14 10:32 AM
    That happens to me and did a hard reset (+ / -) volume buttons until phone reboots to the BlackBerry blue screen logo. After that all good to go. Hope this helps.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 on AT&T
    02-23-14 01:34 PM
    ...curious, are you using a free account or a paid Yahoo one? I wonder if the issue is merely with the SMTP for the free account versus the paid one.
    02-23-14 02:17 PM
    There's something goofy going on, and I'm almost positive it's on yahoo's end. Been trying to help a friend for days now, and the issue persists. Can you send from your phone?
    Yes.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-23-14 11:11 PM
    ...curious, are you using a free account or a paid Yahoo one? I wonder if the issue is merely with the SMTP for the free account versus the paid one.
    Free account.
    02-23-14 11:11 PM
    That happens to me and did a hard reset (+ / -) volume buttons until phone reboots to the BlackBerry blue screen logo. After that all good to go. Hope this helps.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141 on AT&T
    Hard reset didn't help.
    02-23-14 11:12 PM
    I had the same HUB issue for a day or so with Yahoo! Have you tried the 5 swipe in the HUB to reset the HUB? Also, have you tried going in the actual phone phone settings, selecting accounts, and making sure your email is connected there?

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Thanks, did not know about the 5 swipe gesture. But, alas, that didn't help.

Yes, whether I go to seetings via hub or phone, shows "not connected."
    02-23-14 11:13 PM
    personally, i made the choice to drop yahoo. i had issues originally with my playbook with yahoo contact and calendar sync. yahoo's support was non existent. i made the difficult choice to switch, but i have not looked back. no problems since...btw, i switched to outlook.com
    I prefer yahoo mail to all the others, primarily because of the ability to have mutliple tabs going, i.e. on pc platform. Almost jumped ship there a few months back when they did a revamp and dropped the tabs, but after a huge revolt among users they brought them and some other good things back!
    02-23-14 11:15 PM
    Yes.
    Same with my friend. Tried every suggestion listed here, along with upgrading to 10.2.1, signing in and out through the phone browser, deleting the account overnight, adding just calendar first, animal sacrifice, etc. She's been getting responses from customer care, who says it's a known issue they're investigating. Please, all of you experiencing this, contact them yourselves!

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/in...y=PROD_MAIL_ML
    nathan62969 likes this.
    02-24-14 07:03 AM
    I've got my yahoo mail, calendar, and contacts syncing with no issues. I use their imap settings.
    02-27-14 04:14 PM
    Anyone with any fixes??
    03-02-14 03:33 PM
    Searching more I found some other threads...which ultimately led me to this tool to validate whether my account is working

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac....php?page=form

After inputing email address, password and captcha, it loads. Going to the IMAP tab, with imap.mail.yahoo.com selected and clicking "993 port/SSL encryption" and "validate," it validates.

However, then going to SMTP tab, with "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" selected and clicking "465 port/SSL encryption" and "validate," I repeatedly get this "failed to connect, no password specified?" And no test email is ever received in my yahoo mail account.

Also, the problem seems to get progressively worse -- I was getting occasional emails and synced sent messages. Now receving little to nothing.

Help! Anyone, please -- what is going on? Fixes?
    03-02-14 10:03 PM
    Oh, and wow, couple odd things, making it all more confusing at the moment:

1) Actually, in the Email Account Validation Tool, in the IMAP tab, "rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com" and "imap.mail.yahoo.com" are shown, but in the SMTP tab, no "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" is shown but "rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com" is. Whether I change to "rim...." for IMAP and/or SMTP in my phone settings, doesn't make a difference, and neither does in the Email Account Validation Tool. And everywhere I search for info, the correct SMTP setting is supposed to be "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" (and yet it doesn't show as an option in the EAV Tool)??

2) I have my yahoo mail hooked up to my gmail account:

And so, when I send an email from my YAHOO account on my blackberry to, let's say, my YAHOO account and my GMAIL account, it shows as sent from my YAHOO account on my blackberry, but I don't receive it in my YAHOO account (at least not for awhile) on my smartphone but I do receive it on my YAHOO account on my pc, and it doesn't show as sent on my YAHOO account on my pc, BUT I do receive it in duplicate on my GMAIL accounts on BOTH my smartphone and pc AND, WOWSERS, it shows up as sent on my GMAIL account on my pc as from my YAHOO account. Go figure (hands up in the air)??!??
    03-02-14 10:50 PM