My Yahoo email has unsynched from the hub twice in the last week. It seems to happen after I check my mail in the phone's web browser. Any ideas?

Shop BlackBerry square Passport on AT&T with the latest official passport OS.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 05:14 PM
    Mine was doing that as well after I loaded .500. Linkedin was doing it as well. Strangely it was saying it needed to sync but I never actually stopped receiving email. I haven't done anything to try to resolve it but it's been several days now since it's last happened.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 05:27 PM
    It doesn't really desynch I guess. I still had all sent emails, and I went and switched the emails to from forever instead of 30 days, and it showed inbox emails from two years ago... just nothing new or recent. I have to delete and re add the account. I wonder if it's Yahoo or BlackBerry. Hmmm.......

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 05:38 PM
    My Yahoo email has unsynched from the hub twice in the last week. It seems to happen after I check my mail in the phone's web browser. Any ideas?

Shop BlackBerry square Passport on AT&T with the latest official passport OS.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I had similar issue after changing phones. Ended up being an issue with the device switch in blackberry link. I signed out of link, signed back in and removed my old phone from the list. Hasn't happened since (knock on wood).

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 05:47 PM
    For me this has happened three times in the past couple of days, ONLY after selecting several emails from the hub and then deleting them.

Sent mail would remain on my device and all existing yahoo mail would not be visible in the device (STL-3 Z10). New mail would sync.

I had to delete the account from the device and recreate.

This is the first time that I actually tried selecting and deleting mail from the hub so I can only assume this is a bug (I have not validated this via search).

I am running 10.3.1.2708/1865.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 08:34 AM
    Friends ... why not get a real mail server?
    05-26-15 10:16 AM
    Friends ... why not get a real mail server?
    Cause Rogers shoves it down our necks!
    05-26-15 10:27 AM
    I've been having the same issue it started about 3 weeks ago I have had to delete my Yahoo account then re-install it about 7 times so far it's getting annoying

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:58 PM
    This keeps happening to me too. My sent items remain and I have to keep deleting the account to restore the emails. Is it a Link issue? Any solutions out there?
    05-31-15 06:44 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 12:22 PM
    Dear All,

Yahoo! removing all the Inbox mails and leaving only Sent Items really had be going crazy for a while. I tried deleting and re-adding multiple times but still no luck. A small way around has helped me so far which might be of use to others as well.

1. Remove old Yahoo! Account and Re-Add.
    2. Under "Advanced Setting" make sure you select "POP" instead of default "IMAP" address
    3. So your address looks like this
    Server Address : pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Port : 995
    SMTP Server Address : smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port : 465
    4. Done and Save Settings.

This method does not sync the entire Inbox but does bring back 90 days Inbox emails back to Blackberry. Enjoooy !!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AbuBakr
    05-31-15 12:36 PM
    Dear All,

Yahoo! removing all the Inbox mails and leaving only Sent Items really had be going crazy for a while. I tried deleting and re-adding multiple times but still no luck. A small way around has helped me so far which might be of use to others as well.

1. Remove old Yahoo! Account and Re-Add.
    2. Under "Advanced Setting" make sure you select "POP" instead of default "IMAP" address
    3. So your address looks like this
    Server Address : pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Port : 995
    SMTP Server Address : smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port : 465
    4. Done and Save Settings.

This method does not sync the entire Inbox but does bring back 90 days Inbox emails back to Blackberry. Enjoooy !!!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AbuBakr
    So IMAP and Yahoo don't play nice?

I'm having issues with my inbox deleting back to march every few days in my laptop. Passport is fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 09:40 AM
    Yahoo mail keeps unsynching-2015-06-02-030705.jpgYahoo mail keeps unsynching-2015-06-02-025127.jpgIt's hitting me too. Been wondering why half my unread messages aren't being pulled in, since two weeks ago. Grrr.....
    I'm going to try the POP option and see if that works. Screw IMAP especially if it's failing to sync all unread and 'marked as read' messages as read too.

Dammit, I'm getting these error messages (attached). Has yahoo discontinued POP access?
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 06-02-15 at 02:08 AM. Reason: confused
    06-02-15 01:28 AM
    I am having similar issue, email older than one day is gone except for sent email. I have deleted and re-added my account about 4-5 times, seems to be getting worse each time, first time it last a few days, last night I did this and this morning email is gone again.

I try the pop mail suggestion above and I was also not able to connect.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:44 AM
    Yahoo doesn't play well with BlackBerry. I changed to GMail one day after getting the Classic. I wasn't getting push emails or US holidays on the Calendar. It was quickly resolved when I got GMail.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-03-15 12:52 PM
    Anyone else happen to have yahoo fantasy football app or maybe another yahoo app.
    While still experiencing this issue I had a message pop up asking me to sign into my yahoo account, thought okay maybe finally something is fixing itself, but when I clicked to open, it was my yahoo FFL app. After two attempts to login without success I figured I would uninstall(they come out with a new version every year anyway) , and then the light bulb went off, maybe this was causing issues. So preceded with uninstall.

That was three days ago. Yahoo mail is going strong since then. I will give it a few more days to say this officially fixed my issue but so far so good and thought I would pass it on.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:58 AM
    Okay, so that did not work either, was good for a few days, longest in a while, then bam, nothing this morning back to Sent mail and today's emails

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 01:17 PM
    What was the conclusion on changing to the POP settings. Did that fix the issue?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 04:56 AM
    What was the conclusion on changing to the POP settings. Did that fix the issue?

Posted via CB10
    POP settings do not work, seems POP was discontinued or something. Best to contact yahoo! customer support.
    06-12-15 08:51 PM
    I have have my yahoo mail account since it's inception. Unfortunately, I can no longer tolerate the syncing instability and I have set the auto forward functionality to Gmail.

Bye Yahoo, it's been "swell".

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:28 AM
    Issue just resurfaced on my PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2639

BlackBerry� Passport
    09-20-15 07:55 AM