For some odd reason I haven't Been receiving my Yahoo emails. All my settings seem to be correct. Any ideas on how it fix this problem? Thx

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:41 PM
    Possibly. What have you done already to try and resolve?
    01-04-15 02:43 PM
    Install. Reinstall. Bought a Passport; still doesn't work. Had the problem on my Z30 too. Tried various OS leaks; still no fix. Sending is fine. I just don't receive emails.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:49 PM
    Install. Reinstall. Bought a Passport; still doesn't work. Had the problem on my Z30 too. Tried various OS leaks; still no fix. Sending is fine. I just don't receive emails.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmmmm. Multiple device fail to receive, multiple OS versions fail to receive.

I resume your imap settings resemble what is listed here?
    https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-fo...pressions=true
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IMAP server settings
    Want to access Yahoo Mail from a mobile device's mail app or an email program like Outlook? Here are the settings you'll need.

Have a Business Mail account? See our Business Mail IMAP settings help article for more info.
    Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL

Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 993
    Requires SSL: Yes
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires SSL

Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 465 or 587
    Requires SSL: Yes
    Requires authentication: Yes
    Login info - Requires authentication

Email address: Your full email address ([email protected])
    Password: Your account's password
    For additional assistance or complete instructions on setting up IMAP, review the help pages for your email client or mobile device.
    01-04-15 03:00 PM
    Still doesn't work. Thanks for the tips

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:45 PM
    Are there any web account settings I should be aware of with my yahoo account settings?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:49 PM
    Are there any web account settings I should be aware of with my yahoo account settings?

Posted via CB10
    No idea. Yahoo supports BB less than Verizon did when they offered the upgrades incentive to only BB users to get them off BB devices.

Edit #1: I do not see anything in the "Settings" in Yahoo. Gonna add an OLD OLD OLD email account and see if I can duplicate your issue. You can receive but not send correct?
    01-04-15 03:53 PM
    Would my "BiS" account with my carrier have anything to do with it? Would shutting off make a difference?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:53 PM
    No, but the BIS account would list different servers than your z19 would. But that is not relevant I do not think.
    01-04-15 03:58 PM
    I think I have a different issue than you. It seems I can receive email on my yahoo on my device, I can also send BUT, the outgoing email does not actually leave the outbox. Some glad I do not rely on this account for anything.

Took 3 minutes, but it sent. Either way, still odd.

I do not think our server settings will differ, but here are mine.
    Attached Thumbnails -img_20150104_180442.jpg  
    01-04-15 04:08 PM
    My yahoo uses these settings on my Z30:
    rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com

rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

And uses the various other settings described in this thread.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    01-04-15 04:17 PM
    Yahoo has not been playing nice with Blackberry ever since that woman took over. I would dump Yahoo and auto-forward my yahoo email to a new gmail or outlook account
    01-04-15 04:54 PM
    Thx for sharing your settings. I will try again

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:02 PM
    Yes, Yahoo is notorious for been a poor mobile email experience. Gmail and Outlook work exceptionally well with mobile devices, including BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    southlander and Senor Wright like this.
    01-04-15 10:04 PM
    It seems too be working now. It won't work when i have the "sync time frame" set to forever. If it set on 90 days or less it works. Wierd!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:28 PM
    I literally was once able to get someone from Yahoo on the line and their only answer was Yahoo serves millions of customers and their will always be glitches. Be patient and it will be resolved. Kind of ridiculous answer but at least he didn't lie and say everything is fine. Sorry for your troubles.

Posted via my Q10 till maybe get my hands on a Classic
    01-04-15 11:48 PM
    Yahoo email is a perennial pain in the neck. I have client calls, on a regular basis, for Yahoo mail problems.
    01-05-15 02:16 AM
    Next time it happens try the 5 swipe from right hand corner Hub reset trick.
    Senor Wright likes this.
    01-05-15 08:55 AM
    OK this is just silly. I have a Passport and have been using Yahoo mail forever. Started having this issue where it won't self sync, but manual syncing works fine. Tried everything and searched online until I found this thread. Tried changing from sync timeframe from forever to 90 days. As soon as I pressed SAVE my emails came flying in. Sounds like a BB issue to me.............. thanks for the help.
    02-12-15 07:57 AM
    OK everyone -- I found a new solution that works and it's super easy.

--Delete your Yahoo email from your phone;
    --create an Outlook account (www.outlook.com);
    --on your Blackberry go to email settings and choose "add account";
    --click on "Email, Calendar and Contacts"
    --don't type in anything yet and click immediately on "Advanced";
    --choose Outlook.com option;
    --type in your Outlook username (it's the email you created [email protected];
    --type in your Yahoo email address in the field below
    --type in the webmail password (I know that Yahoo has the new "app" password but it isn't necessary for this Outlook applications);
    --press next;
    --make sure all the syncs you want are in place, then press "Done"
    -- Voilà ! Your email will be working on your phone and when you send an email it will show as coming from your Yahoo.
    --send a test message to yourself;
    --you will receive an Outlook message saying you need to sign into your Outlook account to verify. It will ask you for your phone number and will text you a code. Plug in the code and your email will be up and running for sending and receiving.

Think of this method as setting up Outlook or Thunderbird on your phone, like you do on your desktop. The download time for each email seems slow at first, but then it picked up.

As far as I can tell, this is the best solution so far, if you want to keep your Yahoo account running. At this time I can't figure out how to get it to run IMAP as it seems to be running as POP but I don't care at this point -- I just want to be able to receive and send without confusion to my contacts. Perhaps someone out there can configure this to IMAP but so far I can't find the option in my phone for that. Perhaps it is the Outlook itself that needs to be IMAP -- not sure how that works.
    01-19-19 11:33 PM