Hey all. I seem to have a problem with yahoo email on my blackberry q10 (tmobile USA). When ever I turn the phone off upon powering it up it says. Please login to yahoo.... my sister has the same issue on her q10.
    Also I noticed that at random times it happens too.
    I have noticed it with my gmail contacts too.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 02:53 PM
    Your login information for SMTP server [rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings.

This is the notification I got. And my sister too!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:13 PM
    I used to get this error often when on 10.1. It happens when a sync begins during good coverage, but the connection drops - either a loss of signal, or a switch from cellular to WiFi. The software gets no response and thinks your login information is incorrect.

Since the 10.2 update, I can't remember the last time I got this message. If you do get it, go to the account setup page. If the Save button is enabled, hit it. If it is greyed out, go to the Encryption drop-down and re-select what you had before (likely SSL). This will enable your Save button. You don't need to re-type your password if you are certain that it has not changed.
    10-31-13 05:56 PM
    Same here, am running 10.1. I wonder when T-mo will push the 10.2 upgrade...

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:17 PM
    I had it happen myself this morning randomly on 10.2 bell mobility so i have to assume the issue is still there

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    10-31-13 06:19 PM
    Just happened to me right now and it happens every 5 days or so.
    11-06-13 01:48 PM
    I get this occasionally with Yahoo email as well. It is an issue with Yahoo. I even remember experiencing this issue back on my PlayBook.

I've also seen this happen quite a lot with people's iPhones and iPads.

The issue here I think is Yahoo security settings. I know mine is setup to log me out every few weeks. Just needs to be reauthorized.

But the reality of the situation is: Yahoo email just sucks. Not sure why I still use it to be honest... ha

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 02:49 PM
    Happened to me today too.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 04:49 PM
    Yep, it's happening again It's happened to me twice since Sunday. I have done everything I could think of to remedy this, but to no avail.
    11-06-13 08:48 PM
    I have two yahoo accounts on my phone. My one account does this daily, the other one is fine. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:25 PM
    I used to get this error often when on 10.1. It happens when a sync begins during good coverage, but the connection drops - either a loss of signal, or a switch from cellular to WiFi. The software gets no response and thinks your login information is incorrect.

Since the 10.2 update, I can't remember the last time I got this message. If you do get it, go to the account setup page. If the Save button is enabled, hit it. If it is greyed out, go to the Encryption drop-down and re-select what you had before (likely SSL). This will enable your Save button. You don't need to re-type your password if you are certain that it has not changed.
    Thanks for the easy temporary solution, I've had this 20+ times the last few months, and it's only with yahoo account. Other accounts have never had this issue for me. Not sure if this is BlackBerry or yahoo causing it but have had email issues from yahoo before so I'll blame them haha.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    11-07-13 01:03 AM
    Yahoo and Gmail have been messing around with the programming on their end...had issues with Desktop laptops and tablets along with BlackBerry phones and Apple too.

Trusted Member Genius
    11-07-13 01:29 AM
    You'll need to go to your yahoo account on the web and do the settings there. I used to have problems as well but after i did the settings online it was okay.

Sent from my iPhone
    11-07-13 01:36 AM
    Seems the only way this works for me is I have to change passwords and then setup my yahoo email with new password then it works again

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:20 PM