Okay. I couldnt take it. I LOVED my almost instant email on my 9900. I am not the most savy tech guy, but after a bunch of research, a phone call to the Telus technical dept, and persistence, I figured this out.....
    First of all, create a Hotmail email address. I even kept the same user name, just changed the "yahoo" to "hotmail".

Then, go into Yahoo mail on your desktop, click the "settings" (top right corner, looks like a little sprocket, or wheel) go to" mail options", then click "forwarding and POP" on left side of screen.

Enter new hot mail address in box that says "forward yahoo email to another email", highlite this (click the circle) and put in your new Hotmail in the box, then click "store and forward"

It will send you a link to verify new email, add password and verify. Do all that stuff.

Add new Hotmail account to your Z10. (didnt need to add calander or contacts, as I didnt have any in Hotmail)

Thats pretty much it, I think. I even went and deleted my Yahoo from my new Z10, so it wont keep trying to sync every 15 minutes, which I hope will help the battery!! I kept all the contacts though.
    Let me know what you think. I am pretty pumped !!! It does show coming from "Hotmail" though now, but the phone recieves Yahoo emails almost instantly now. Also, your desktop keeps getting them as "Yahoo". So that stays the same.
    Sorry if this was already posted. So much info on push email, which I dont really understand, that my brain is getting mushy researching this phone.
    SURE DO LOVE THE Z 10 THOUGH !!!!!!
    veitchina likes this.
    02-17-13 09:42 PM
    still comes up showing as a yahoo account? wow that is cool! I've never forward incoming and outgoing email like that before. thanks for the tip. I'm in the US so I have to learn all I can before its released here
    02-17-13 09:50 PM
    I believe right now POP and Forwarding are only available if you have a Yahoo Mail Plus account. Wish there was a free way to get regular Yahoo Mail faster, but what can you do... Yahoo has the ability to change their setup and allow true Push email for BB10, but it's entirely up to them. They might be in the wait-and-see camp that lots of companies/devs are in regarding BB10. I plan on using my Outlook.com address for immediate email needs once I get the Z10....or the Q10....darn this US release delay!
    Nice find, though, chispmoto!
    02-17-13 10:20 PM
    I believe right now POP and Forwarding are only available if you have a Yahoo Mail Plus account. Wish there was a free way to get regular Yahoo Mail faster, but what can you do... Yahoo has the ability to change their setup and allow true Push email for BB10, but it's entirely up to them. They might be in the wait-and-see camp that lots of companies/devs are in regarding BB10. I plan on using my Outlook.com address for immediate email needs once I get the Z10....or the Q10....darn this US release delay!
    Nice find, though, chispmoto!
    Outlook.com. Love it, think I will change over to this instead of the super oldschool hotmail !!! Thank you.
    02-17-13 10:44 PM
    i still use hotmail cause it has push in it and i did look to outlook.com what that is going to do is it will create an alias to hotmail but it will remain hotmail in the background...according to my understanding
    02-17-13 10:51 PM
    hotmail might be old schooll but it push e-mail very well
    02-17-13 10:52 PM
    I just tried the Outlook, it works well too, but now my battery is dead......been playing ALL DAY !! Will play some more with this later.
    02-17-13 11:09 PM
    This works perfectly!!! Thanks for the tip!!!
    02-28-13 07:51 AM
    So does it show anywhere that it initially was a yahoo email?

And what if you replied to it? Is the recipient gonna get it from yahoo or hotmail/outlook?
    02-28-13 08:37 AM
    Okay. I couldnt take it. I LOVED my almost instant email on my 9900. I am not the most savy tech guy, but after a bunch of research, a phone call to the Telus technical dept, and persistence, I figured this out.....
    First of all, create a Hotmail email address. I even kept the same user name, just changed the "yahoo" to "hotmail".

Then, go into Yahoo mail on your desktop, click the "settings" (top right corner, looks like a little sprocket, or wheel) go to" mail options", then click "forwarding and POP" on left side of screen.

Enter new hot mail address in box that says "forward yahoo email to another email", highlite this (click the circle) and put in your new Hotmail in the box, then click "store and forward"

It will send you a link to verify new email, add password and verify. Do all that stuff.

Add new Hotmail account to your Z10. (didnt need to add calander or contacts, as I didnt have any in Hotmail)

Thats pretty much it, I think. I even went and deleted my Yahoo from my new Z10, so it wont keep trying to sync every 15 minutes, which I hope will help the battery!! I kept all the contacts though.
    Let me know what you think. I am pretty pumped !!! It does show coming from "Hotmail" though now, but the phone recieves Yahoo emails almost instantly now. Also, your desktop keeps getting them as "Yahoo". So that stays the same.
    Sorry if this was already posted. So much info on push email, which I dont really understand, that my brain is getting mushy researching this phone.
    One thing, if I send using my hotmail, do the recipients see it as my hotmail or my yahoo?

Q10
    03-17-14 02:06 PM
    One thing, if I send using my hotmail, do the recipients see it as my hotmail or my yahoo?

Q10
    They'll see it as your hotmail acct because you are only forwarding the yahoo to hotmail - you don't have an option to reply via hotmail to yahoo
    03-17-14 02:18 PM

My only comment would be, most would have done the reverse. They would setup Hotmail and set it to retrieve your Yahoo account.

Instead you are relying on Yahoo to forward your emails and at times companies have been known to not want to forward them over as fast as you think. That's all, but I'm happy it's working for you!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 02:29 PM
    They'll see it as your hotmail acct because you are only forwarding the yahoo to hotmail - you don't have an option to reply via hotmail to yahoo
    Oh nice, so I can delete my yahoo account and keep using my hotmail-yahoo account

Q10
    03-17-14 06:23 PM