I seem to be one of the last to be getting the 10.2.1 update through Telus here in Canada, so it was with great excitement I checked through Link approximately 20 minutes ago and found the update sitting there waiting for me. I immediately ran a backup and returned to the update screen and pushed "Install" or what ever it said. It started loading, then stopped after about 30 seconds or so with a warning, "Software update encountered a problem" and then went onto say "Updates not available. Please retry". Beneath that alert pop up I could see Link also saying "Your BlackBerry has the latest available device software", something I've become very used to seeing over the last few days. I tried again only to get this message again. I tried downloading OTA and through BlackBerry's OS update page with the same results.

I'm one pissed off customer, I really don't care whose fault it is, this is awful service.
    01-31-14 03:19 PM
    You tell em! Try updating without your SIM card in.
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    01-31-14 03:28 PM
    Will give that a go, just tried again got it to install stage but then it dove at about 56%. It's not been a good day overall, now this.

Cheers!
    01-31-14 03:46 PM
    Hahahaha. May I also suggest Sachesi. Surefire way to get the update in a nondestructive way without needing to rely on a specific carrier.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:54 PM
    Tried. Failed again. I give up. Back to S4 I go
    01-31-14 03:58 PM
    Awe. Muffin. Bye!

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-31-14 04:03 PM
    Awe. Muffin. Bye!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, see ya. You have no idea how much I've had to put up with with this Z10, it has been the most unreliable device I have owned in 28 years of using mobile devices. Also, to be told 3 out of 4 times that my phone was "No Fault Found" when sent to BlackBerry and returned with the issue still prevalent, and to be without your phone for 12 weeks in a year, yeah, I think I have every right to be pissed off and I haven't even gone in to the other smaller issues that have dogged me since the device was new. This was the final straw. Take your condescending attitude else where. Bye!
    01-31-14 04:08 PM
    Yeah, see ya. You have no idea how much I've had to put up with with this Z10, it has been the most unreliable device I have owned in 28 years of using mobile devices. Also, to be told 3 out of 4 times that my phone was "No Fault Found" when sent to BlackBerry and returned with the issue still prevalent, and to be without your phone for 12 weeks in a year, yeah, I think I have every right to be pissed off and I haven't even gone in to the other smaller issues that have dogged me since the device was new. This was the final straw. Take your condescending attitude else where. Bye!
    I'd say that the launch of the Z10 was a disaster for many legacy BlackBerry users but if your hardware is in good shape and your only issue is updating I'm sure there is a fix for it. Could even be a Telus glitch short term. I'm on rogers in this great country and not had an update issue but it's worth taking some time to look into. This OS is finally getting to the point I think it should have been at launch, things are getting better. If the phone itself is ok hardware wise, I'd advise talking to Telus for some advice. They may be able to get you up and running. Just my opinion, giving up is easy.

Posted via my BlackBerry Zeadache 10.2.0.429
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    01-31-14 04:15 PM
    Not saying you don't have a right to be pissed off if what you say is true. However, the folks here are trying to help. Venting on us isn't going to solve your problem we are not BlackBerry customer service.
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-31-14 04:21 PM
    I received the message: "Software update encountered a problem" several times when using Link. I eventually got the update via OTA 4G.
    01-31-14 04:33 PM
    You need to be firmer with your carrier then, when I had an issue with my phone or i should say whenever I have an issue I get my carrier (rogers) to send me a device first and then I send my old device back for warranty so I'm never without a phone.
    I've had the Z10 and Z30 and I bought my sister the Q10 and do far I've only had one problem with it and sent it back. Sounds like you got a lemon or have bad luck.

What's wrong with your phone all the time maybe we can help

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:35 PM
    I would love to hear which you were using in 1986 that was more reliable.
    habs_fan and gfondeur like this.
    01-31-14 04:41 PM
    I would love to hear which you were using in 1986 that was more reliable.
    My first one was in 1986 as well. In car Nokia I think and the carrier was Cantel. It only called and received but very reliable

01-31-14 05:11 PM
    Tried. Failed again. I give up. Back to S4 I go
    Good luck,
    Don't let the door hit you on your way out,
    01-31-14 06:49 PM
    I have had my Z10 since day one without any problems. Battery life is around 2 days. The phone only gets better with each update. Do mind this is my first BlackBerry device. Not trying to defend BlackBerry here. There is no point simply hating them just because its the trend or trying to be cool. Do you think your software updates are going to be super cool with a Samsung Android phone? Anyways Good bye.

Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-31-14 07:51 PM
    Adios could have downloaded it and installed from here the amount you whined.

No loss you go buy that s4 you won't be buying.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:34 PM
    Adios could have downloaded it and installed from here the amount you whined.

No loss you go buy that s4 you won't be buying.
    Wow, had you even bothered to read my profile or even spent a little bit of time looking at my previous posts you would have known that I have had my S4 for a while now. You would have also figured out that the vast majority of my posts regarding my Z10 are overwhelmingly positive and even continued to be positive during times when I was experiencing issues, which I have pretty much ever since I got the phone. You would have also read that despite my recent complaints I have always said I love the idea of BB10 but not necessarily the execution. Regardless of your and your ilk's attitude I will continue to be enthusiastic and ultimately hopeful about BlackBerry and BB10 while acknowledging my own personal experiences and issues. You don't like it? Then don't read. Simple really.

So call that whining if you will, I quite honestly don't care, but the question I have to ask you is who died and made you God? Get off your high-horse and actually figure out what you're talking about before your next knee-jerk reaction.
    Last edited by Jonesy1966; 02-01-14 at 09:19 AM.
    02-01-14 08:11 AM
    Wow, had you even bothered to read my profile or even spent a little bit of time looking at my previous posts you would have known that I have had my S4 for a while now. You would have also figured out that the vast majority of my posts regarding my Z10 are overwhelmingly positive and even continued to be positive during times when I was experiencing issues, which I have pretty much ever since I got the phone. You would have also read that despite my recent complaints I have always said I love the idea of BB10 but not necessarily the execution. Regardless of your and your ilk's attitude I will continue to be enthusiastic and ultimately hopeful about BlackBerry and BB10 while acknowledging my own personal experiences and issues. You don't like it? Then don't read. Simple really.

So call that whining if you will, I quite honestly don't care, but the question I have to ask you is who died and made you God? Get off your high-horse and actually figure out what you're talking about before your next knee-jerk reaction.
    I think it'd more the "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" flavour to your posts. I get that it's frustrating. Just saying that hanging in there and making a couple calls may smooth it out.

02-01-14 01:34 PM
    I think it'd more the "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" flavour to your posts. I get that it's frustrating. Just saying that hanging in there and making a couple calls may smooth it out.

I've made it quite clear in my previous posts that because my phone has come back "NFF" from BlackBerry my carrier refuses any liability. Only once out of the four times it's gone back for repair has it come back fixed. I've been using an S4 for over 2 months, I don't particularly dislike the phone but I'd much rather have my Z10 operating reliably enough for it to become my daily driver again. Attempting to load this update really was the final straw after a year of going from one issue to another. If that's a "taking my ball..." attitude then so be it, I honestly believe I have been more than patient in waiting for issues to be resolved, and more than generous in my praise for BB10. Trust me, if making a couple of calls and hanging in there would sort this whole mess out it would have been sorted out nearly a year ago.
    02-01-14 02:26 PM
    U might want to look at another carrier.
    02-01-14 02:47 PM
    U might want to look at another carrier.
    I've got 11 months left but that's exactly what I'm going to do. Got it narrowed down to a couple, will definitely be jumping early hopefully in a month or two.
    02-01-14 02:58 PM
    I suggest that you stay with telus, they're way better to deal with the Rogers.

Rogers are jerks, I had to pay them to get out of a data plan for a phone that I owed... dicks.

It sounds like your problems are software related, I've had some problems before, it might end up being something that you need to get a fresh start in order to fix.

It's crappy but there's not much they can do, they bring in your phone, wipe it, test it, everything works, and send it back.

You get it, put your crummy backup file on it, and encounter the same glitches and problems.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:19 PM

Rogers are jerks, I had to pay them to get out of a data plan for a phone that I owed... dicks.

It sounds like your problems are software related, I've had some problems before, it might end up being something that you need to get a fresh start in order to fix.

It's crappy but there's not much they can do, they bring in your phone, wipe it, test it, everything works, and send it back.

You get it, put your crummy backup file on it, and encounter the same glitches and problems.

Posted via CB10
    Lol every carrier is the same, there's tons of people myself included that find Rogers amazing. For me personally I like Rogers, then Telus and anybody but Bell lol

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-01-14 04:22 PM

Hey man understand your frustrations but have you tried an auto loader? If you want the newest and fastest why not go that route? If i waited for my carrier I'd be waiting forever. Even my Dev Alpha B is up to date on 10.2.1 because I've used auto loaders. Just a suggestion and they are very easy to use. 10.2.1 may even fix some of your other issues who knows.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-01-14 04:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let's be candid, all carriers are scoundrels. It one of those things in life similar to a dentists drill. We need it, we pay for the pain, and we hate it.

02-01-14 04:58 PM
28 12