Ok... here's what I do... I don't sync Google contacts or outlook contacts. I've made a copy of my contacts and keep them in contacts x app which I save every week. So in the event I need to wipe my phone due to a leak I install or a leak gone bad, I have my address book handy.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:52 PM
    My contacts are screwed in my phone. I can only see a few Contacts when I try to view them when finding a number to call. I have to go to the contacts icon, find the person and dial from there.
    Love blackberry but pretty close to switching. Tired of the glitches upon glitches.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:29 PM
    There are two things that every cell phone in the universe have always done. Make phone calls, and a phone book.

I've always had a blackberry, enterprise activated, and I have to admit that contacts have been a struggle in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:52 PM
    Let�s face it.

If another major brand finds a huge problem like the one regarding the out of sync between contacts and phone app, they would have released a FIX within DAYS!, thus acknowledging the problem and offering solutions as fast as they can.

But it is incredible that after so many months of reporting this issue nothing has happened in Waterloo. And they are still wondering how to regain market share. Hints?
    09-30-13 11:04 PM
    I have been having the same issues with the linking of contacts and not showing when in phone. Right now some are linked some are not and its a mess. I'm currently on the latest 10.1.0.4181with Bell.
    Can some please confirm that this issue was address in the soon to be released 10.2?
    10-07-13 09:46 AM
    I beg to differ. I'm on 10.2.1. and still have all these issues including excessive duplicates.

Doesn't look like it's something they can fix.

Posted via CB10
    10.2.0 fixed it. 10.2.1 is a different branch.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-08-13 01:42 PM
    How to fix contact linking mess:

1. Download Fire Chest Backup (free in BB World).
    2. Backup your contacts and whatever else you want to keep. Links are not backed up which is good.
    3. Wipe the phone and then turn it on.
    4. Add Twitter, Facebook, BBM accounts etc...if offered option to link contacts during setup, say no!
    5. Open the empty contacts app > swipe down > select settings, turn off everything "BBM contacts", "BBM video", "SIM contacts"..etc.
    6. Close contacts.
    7. Open Fire Chest Backup, sign in, and restore the contacts.

Voila!
    steinercat likes this.
    10-09-13 03:54 AM
    I'm having issues too - 10.2.0.1791 on my Q10.

People I call on a regular basis suddenly no longer show up in Contacts. Two of them are linked to FB, the others I don't know since I haven't figured out which ones are missing yet. My BlackBerry says 556 contacts, and outlook.com on my PC says I have 563.

When I check on the PC, the missing contacts are still there with all their info intact, yet they don't appear on my phone's Contacts list. I only use one outlook.com account for all of my contacts, and they aren't new additions to the list. Rebooting the phone makes no difference, the same contacts still don't show up.

The missing contacts appear if I turn on FB contacts, but just their FB info, not their phone numbers, notes, etc.

Incredibly annoying since these are coworkers I need to call regularly.
    10-15-13 08:08 AM
    error - dup post
    10-15-13 08:11 AM
    I had thought that I had the ring tones resting to default figured out. It wondered in the contacts app had a local source for the contacts, instead of outlook. com, it might let the settings cling to that when the outlook account did it's annoying refresh thing where it unlinks all of the bbm comments and changes my calendar colours, and screws up my flagged emails in Remember. (this issue seems to be getting worse and worse).

So I copied contacts to the SIM card. Some contacts copied, some did not. Some I had to go in and manually choose "copy to SIM", some wouldn't copy at all. I set custom ring tones for some SIM linked contacts, and for some non-sim linked contacts. It seemed like that worked, in one instance those with SIM links kept there ring tone settings when others reset back to default. However the joy was short lived as yesterday all contact ring tones reset back to default.

In all honesty, this is still the biggest complaint I have with my Z10. The contacts management (and it seems account management) is so buggy, it heavily devalues the phone for me.

Well waiting for 10.2 to drop and hoping that helps the situation. Maybe a security wipe and fresh install. But that shouldn't be necessary to make a basic function of the phone work correctly.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:09 AM
35 12