It's 2016 and BB10 has been mothballed and EOL has been earmarked for a final security update for FEB 2017.

PRIV Android sales has been marginally better then recent Passport and Classic putting BlackBerry in a dilemma whether to continue with the manufacturing of hardware.

Than a few months ago BlackBerry were getting close to Apple. Nobody knows why but all the BlackBerry enthusiasts presume it's probably something to do with security.

Recent iPhone's on the market are already secure and impossible to break. Police departments in various countries complain they cannot ascertain information from iPhone's and ask Apple for assistance. Apple confirm it's not possible to get break the device without the users credentials. Apple also confirms there's no back door access in the software.

BlackBerry has been developing software for IOS devices focusing on:

BlackBerry Hub
    BlackBerry Calender
    BBM (for business)
    Password Keeper
    BlackBerry Blend
    Contacts
    BlackBerry Balance

All of these would be premium software applications.

Would you buy an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:38 PM
    Yes, I think it is definitely worth considering.
    10-24-15 08:42 PM
    It's never going to be.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:51 PM
    It's never going to be.

Posted via CB10
    Never say never to anything. You don't know what surprises life may try to throw at you.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 08:56 PM
    BlackBerry does make iOS software. It's called BBM.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    10-24-15 10:47 PM
    Still very much considering it. Especially if BB will make the hub app for iOS.
    10-24-15 10:56 PM
    Superficially it would be awesome, but with Apple's elitist attitude and harsh working environment it'd be problematic. It'd look cool and Apple would advertise the **** out of it, but there will be glaring issues that slip past testing which Apple will refuse to admit to while whipping it's programmers until it is fixed.
    10-24-15 11:10 PM
    It would be interesting. There are rumors about BB experience suite.... Hope it comes through.
    howards likes this.
    10-24-15 11:17 PM
    Never say never to anything. You don't know what surprises life may try to throw at you.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, at one time I would have bet a fortune that Blackberry would never, never build an Android phone and slap a Blackberry label on it.
    kvndoom, Sparksx and mmrshll like this.
    10-24-15 11:50 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 11:51 PM
    It would be interesting. There are rumors about BB experience suite.... Hope it comes through.
    Funny Blackberry can build software to put it's best features on competitors phones BUT can't put BB10 on a Priv?
    10-24-15 11:55 PM
    Funny Blackberry can build software to put it's best features on competitors phones BUT can't put BB10 on a Priv?
    I think it's more of a won't. I've moved on.... Coming back when classic2.0 hits the shelves.
    10-25-15 12:29 AM
    You can't break an iPhone...just drop it once on its edge. I have beaten the &)*()( out of my Z10 and there isn't a scratch on it.
    10-25-15 12:53 AM
    Nope. It's not just security attracting people to BB10.
    10-25-15 01:20 AM
    I might buy some BlackBerry apps for iOS but that is about it. I would certainly consider buying an Android BlackBerry too.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:33 AM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 01:37 AM
    Yes...as a matter of fact, I am probably headed that way with or without BlackBerry since they have left me no choice with no viable all touch device.. a device running Android is not considered viable to me. YMMV

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    10-25-15 08:03 PM
    It's 2016 and BB10 has been mothballed and EOL has been earmarked for a final security update for FEB 2017.

PRIV Android sales has been marginally better then recent Passport and Classic putting BlackBerry in a dilemma whether to continue with the manufacturing of hardware.

Than a few months ago BlackBerry were getting close to Apple. Nobody knows why but all the BlackBerry enthusiasts presume it's probably something to do with security.

Recent iPhone's on the market are already secure and impossible to break. Police departments in various countries complain they cannot ascertain information from iPhone's and ask Apple for assistance. Apple confirm it's not possible to get break the device without the users credentials. Apple also confirms there's no back door access in the software.

BlackBerry has been developing software for IOS devices focusing on:

BlackBerry Hub
    BlackBerry Calender
    BBM (for business)
    Password Keeper
    BlackBerry Blend
    Contacts
    BlackBerry Balance

All of these would be premium software applications.

Would you buy an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. And would never pay for core BlackBerry apps for another platform.
    10-25-15 09:36 PM
    Nope. Just don't like how apple sw works. They assume all their users are idiots. That's the main reason you don't see a file manager on ios... they don't want their users' heads to explode.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    10-25-15 09:50 PM
    Throw in the virtual keyboard and absolutely yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 10:01 PM
    I think it's more of a won't. I've moved on.... Coming back when classic2.0 hits the shelves.
    I think your correct but all the Android fans keep telling me it's to expensive for the drivers. I don't believe it is cheaper to make a driver for a competitors phone then you own?
    10-26-15 11:36 PM
    Never say never.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-26-15 11:59 PM
    Nope. That company represents all that is evil.
    10-27-15 12:42 AM
    If BlackBerry made an iPhone with microSD card reader, a charging connector that's not proprietary, supports usb otg, has a file manager, and can be seen by a computer as an usb drive, then I'd buy it

Posted via Z10
    10-27-15 01:36 AM
    If BlackBerry made an iPhone with microSD card reader, a charging connector that's not proprietary, supports usb otg, has a file manager, and can be seen by a computer as an usb drive, then I'd buy it

Posted via Z10
    They did. It's called the Z30 - best iPhone ever made!
    10-27-15 01:40 AM