Hypothetical situation :

BlackBerry creates away for Passport owners to load android.

Would that help the camera? Cause I am so done with passports camera. Taking a picture in doors of my children is pointless. It will be blurry. Even Camera++ let's me down.

My Moto G (first gen) takes better in door photos. My wife's iPhone 6+ blows it away.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:14 PM
    I've said all along the issues with BB's cameras are in the software not in the hardware. You can quite literally see it. When you change OS' on BB10, some treat the camera better than others. Android used to be that way as well but have improved over the years, so yeah. I believe Android would help a bit.
    08-27-15 06:26 PM
    I've said all along the issues with BB's cameras are in the software not in the hardware.
    Well, some users solve their issue by cleaning the lens from fingerprints before taking a photo

That said, low light indoors means longer exposure and if your children runs a lot... Change the "scene" setting from Auto to Action and see if you get better picture ! (no kidding this time)
    08-27-15 07:17 PM
    Thanks for the tip, it doesn't help though. Looking forward to a better camera BlackBerry. Oh wait I have been saying that for years! Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 08:32 PM
    Well, some users solve their issue by cleaning the lens from fingerprints before taking a photo

That said, low light indoors means longer exposure and if your children runs a lot... Change the "scene" setting from Auto to Action and see if you get better picture ! (no kidding this time)
    All viable answers, sure. But fact of the matter is, BlackBerry still doesn't have a great handle on cameras across all of their OSes. It varies and I shouldn't really be required to figure out which is best with each OS update. They should be able to find optimal settings for their hardware and leave them unchanged across updates.
    08-27-15 09:17 PM
    Would Android help camera?-img_20150828_065440.jpg
    Would Android help camera?-img_20150828_065451.jpg

One is taken with the stock Android camera, the other from BlackBerry. Don't notice much of a difference.

And sorry about my night stand being messy. Too damn early to clean.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    08-28-15 06:56 AM