Hi,

how can I backup/restore my contacts locally without creating duplicates with my Outlook 2010 or any other SW - which really works? Truly said - BB contact sync is one of the worst I have ever seen (Best was on old SE (MyPhoneExplorer) and Nokia (Nokia Suite)). I have Q5 and problems with this from 10.2.1 through 10.3.0 to 10.3.1 OS versions. BB Link - latest version...

What I have tried:

BB Link - the worst software for contact backup ever. It last for ages to backup/restore contacts and it is creating duplicates and messing up contacts in Outlook. The last time - only one name from about 250 get into phone...
    MyPhoneExplorer - sync runs, but not all synced contacts appear in Contact app. Some without numbers etc.

Sachesi - there is only possibility to backup contacts + settings, but when you load new OS it is not recommended to restore settings, so I�ll rather didn�t use it .

My question: Is there a normal way, how to backup/restore all contacts locally, without sending them to any gmail etc.??? Maybe export form Outlook or MyPhoneExplorer to *.csv/*.vcf should help, but how to load it in phone and how to get new contacts from phone to Outlook, without damage of the saved and creating another duplicates?

Thanks for your help.
    10-06-14 02:15 AM
    Hi,

how can I backup/restore my contacts locally without creating duplicates with my Outlook 2010 or any other SW - which really works? Truly said - BB contact sync is one of the worst I have ever seen (Best was on old SE (MyPhoneExplorer) and Nokia (Nokia Suite)). I have Q5 and problems with this from 10.2.1 through 10.3.0 to 10.3.1 OS versions. BB Link - latest version...

What I have tried:

BB Link - the worst software for contact backup ever. It last for ages to backup/restore contacts and it is creating duplicates and messing up contacts in Outlook. The last time - only one name from about 250 get into phone...
    MyPhoneExplorer - sync runs, but not all synced contacts appear in Contact app. Some without numbers etc.

Sachesi - there is only possibility to backup contacts + settings, but when you load new OS it is not recommended to restore settings, so I�ll rather didn�t use it .

My question: Is there a normal way, how to backup/restore all contacts locally, without sending them to any gmail etc.??? Maybe export form Outlook or MyPhoneExplorer to *.csv/*.vcf should help, but how to load it in phone and how to get new contacts from phone to Outlook, without damage of the saved and creating another duplicates?

Thanks for your help.
    I use Backup Pro, by Sasha Kanthan. I find this an excellent app with heaps of options, including backup to and from SD card. It is a Built for Blackberry app and well worth a look.
    10-06-14 06:14 AM
    Thanks, and is there something for free?
    10-06-14 07:07 AM
    At least we know the value you place on your information.
    10-06-14 07:11 AM
    Yeah, but this problem is caused by BB and its "great" BB Link, so they should work hard to eliminate these problems. I have paid for their phone, so it should do its job, but it doesn�t. I dont�t want to pay more for something that has to work at least at 100% everytime. I thought that no-problem synchronisation is essential for this company and their products.... It seems I was wrong.
    10-06-14 08:32 AM
    Yeah, but this problem is caused by BB and its "great" BB Link, so they should work hard to eliminate these problems. I have paid for their phone, so it should do its job, but it doesn�t. I dont�t want to pay more for something that has to work at least at 100% everytime. I thought that no-problem synchronisation is essential for this company and their products.... It seems I was wrong.
    Dupe contacts is usually associated with updating and restoring via leaks
    If that is the case, there's no one to blame but yourself.
    10-06-14 08:38 AM
    I did no restore except the contacts - no settings, anythingh... Duplicates have occured even for the first sync with outlook, but in outlook everything went ok
    10-06-14 02:36 PM