Having same major volume issue on Q10. Tried all suggestions with no improvement. Has anybody tweeted Michael Clewley about this?

Posted via CB10
    mushroom_daddy and lift like this.
    02-25-15 04:44 AM
    Thanks for the workaround and I appreciate your efforts. With that being said, this is insane. To have to do this is ridiculous. Sorry, it had to be said.
    Is the CrackBerry editorial team able to submit a report to BlackBerry about the 'bugs' that people are experiencing with the 10.3 update? I don't know whether CB has a direct line to BB HQ but there are so many users experiencing problems that it might be helpful (and powerful) if the principal community group for BB users issued a statement of discontent. Having a device that people can't hear the audible notifications is preposterous and a software update with so many bugs is a very poor product release from a company marketing prosumer enterprise smartphones.

Personally, I'm extremely disappointed with all the discontent surrounding the long-awaited release of 10.3. I'll stay with 10.2 until things get fixed (hopefully in the next release). I bought my Q10 to 'communicate' ... that's really not going to be very effective if I can't hear notifications
    lift likes this.
    02-25-15 08:02 AM
    Having same major volume issue on Q10. Tried all suggestions with no improvement. Has anybody tweeted Michael Clewley about this?

Posted via CB10
    I sent him an email. He replied quickly and said that Blackberry are aware of the problem and working on a fix, and that it should be with us soon.

fingers crossed!
    Gini_iOS likes this.
    02-25-15 08:57 AM
    I sent him an email. He replied quickly and said that Blackberry are aware of the problem and working on a fix, and that it should be with us soon.

fingers crossed!
    Can you text him about wifi low range ? thank you
    02-25-15 09:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes - I emailed him last Friday, and he acknowledged it.
    02-25-15 11:32 AM
    Great. So at least they acknowledge they are useless now.
    02-25-15 11:49 AM
    ...I'll stay with 10.2 until things get fixed (hopefully in the next release).....
    I've just been offered 10.3.1.1565 for my Q10 - is that a version that suffers from the low notification problem? I am so so wishing that the BlackBerry team have been working hard to release a new bug free version of 10.3 ....
    02-25-15 03:12 PM
    I have a better solution, the new system does not meet my needs (short range Wifi, NO flash, low sound, sound issues), rather than installing 10.3.1, I install 10.3.0.1418 ( latest official version of the Passport) with 10.3.1.2073 radio, for my this version is the best right now for my needs. Radio 10.3.1.2073 fix Wifi issues and 10.3.0 fix sound, flash and other stuff.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 03:30 PM
    I've just been offered 10.3.1.1565 for my Q10 - is that a version that suffers from the low notification problem? I am so so wishing that the BlackBerry team have been working hard to release a new bug free version of 10.3 ....
    Yes.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-25-15 03:52 PM
    As already answered, yes. I have not found any version of 10.3.x that does not have this affect on my Q10.
    lift and mushroom_daddy like this.
    02-25-15 04:06 PM
    I have a better solution, the new system does not meet my needs (short range Wifi, NO flash, low sound, sound issues), rather than installing 10.3.1, I install 10.3.0.1418 ( latest official version of the Passport) with 10.3.1.2073 radio, for my this version is the best right now for my needs. Radio 10.3.1.2073 fix Wifi issues and 10.3.0 fix sound, flash and other stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, it lacks advanced keyboard shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:34 PM
    I get it....go to settings/notifications you need to increase the volume for each app; phone, text, bbm etc...it works wonderful. After the update I had the same issue....I figured it out and all my notifications are perfect!
    02-25-15 07:45 PM
    I get it....go to settings/notifications you need to increase the volume for each app; phone, text, bbm etc...it works wonderful. After the update I had the same issue....I figured it out and all my notifications are perfect!
    Here we go again. Thanks for the tip but that does not fix it for people using a Q10.
    pamela1000cc likes this.
    02-25-15 09:26 PM
    Here we go again. Thanks for the tip but that does not fix it for people using a Q10.
    Or my Passport!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    lift likes this.
    02-25-15 10:27 PM
    I had a quiet alarm. i went in and changed the slider, but the alarm was still quiet.
    My alarms are set to my music, so i deleted the music from the list of alarm tones, and re-added them. So far the alarms are playing them back at the selected volume.

I'm on 10.3.1 Q10
    Last edited by tykm; 02-26-15 at 06:36 AM.
    02-25-15 10:56 PM
    Just discovered a workaround for my Q10. I set a second alarm in the alarm list and its volume is fine (only my primary/main alarm now appears soft/with low volume). Does this work for anyone else?
    02-26-15 12:34 PM
    Hi,
    In my memory, this is probably the second time a volume issue has occurred post an update. This is a clear software bug which can only be fixed by bb. I am disappointed, I have missed out on several con call and appointments. I can't hear sms or emails. Not sure when be will fix it. I own a q10 and did OTA. Worse, has anybody noticed a battery drain as well ?

The bb travel app has also stopped scanning or auto updating post the update. Poor bb update and I agree with all users who think it's time to migrate. Honestly, the only thing keeping me back was the physical keyboard and the bb travel app, but what good are these, if the phone itself can't be heard or used. Really embarrassing!
    03-05-15 01:58 PM
    Has anyone had any success with "tech support" from their carrier on the volume issue? Just wondering. Will probably stay with 10.2.1.3014 for now and be content with it until someone here notes patch available from BB. Unfortunately a disappointment!
    03-07-15 02:44 PM
    I'd rather all you babies saying you're gonna leave do just leave. I don't need to see these ridiculous babies crying in every damn topic. Make like the WWE and get the F out. Bye!

And to stay on topic, strangely enough I don't have this issue on my Z10, Z30, or my Passport and my girlfriend's Q5 is fine.
    03-07-15 05:51 PM
    I'd rather all you babies saying you're gonna leave do just leave. I don't need to see these ridiculous babies crying in every damn topic. Make like the WWE and get the F out. Bye!

And to stay on topic, strangely enough I don't have this issue on my Z10, Z30, or my Passport and my girlfriend's Q5 is fine.
    If anyone should leave it's you. That was not a very helpful or constructive post. Take that attitude and go away. You say that you don't have the low volume issue on Z10, Z30, Passport or Q5? Well brainiac, the problem is most often seen on the Q10. You would have seen that if you read the posts here instead of just jumping in and spewing crap. Also, I call BS on your claim.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-07-15 10:01 PM
    OK. Take my post the wrong way. I won't lose sleep over someone like you misreading.
    03-07-15 11:25 PM
    If anyone should leave it's you. That was not a very helpful or constructive post. Take that attitude and go away. You say that you don't have the low volume issue on Z10, Z30, Passport or Q5? Well brainiac, the problem is most often seen on the Q10. You would have seen that if you read the posts here instead of just jumping in and spewing crap. Also, I call BS on your claim.
    He's saying that for people who are threating to leave, they should just leave. Those people aren't being constructive, just "crying".

Why are you calling BS on his claim that his Z10, Z30, Passport and Q5 aren't affected by the low notification problem? You said yourself that it affects mostly Q10's.
    03-08-15 05:09 AM
    He's saying that for people who are threating to leave, they should just leave. Those people aren't being constructive, just "crying".

Why are you calling BS on his claim that his Z10, Z30, Passport and Q5 aren't affected by the low notification problem? You said yourself that it affects mostly Q10's.
    Thank you! Somebody who can read.

I know Q10 is what's primarily affected so I thought I'd mention that none of my other phones are affected. I just don't understand how it can affect one model and not the others. It's the same OS coded the same way. I guess an incompatibility with some hardware?
    03-08-15 10:59 AM
    I called BS because people with the Passport are also reporting the problem. If you don't want to read all the complaints people are having then don't read them. Leave. That's what I meant. I guess neither of you can comprehend what you read. Why come here and cry and moan that you are sick of people threatening to leave.
    03-08-15 03:56 PM
    The problem is a fact. For all those off you saying this isn't a problem - I really wish it will happen to you and I really mean it.

Some people are just hyper ignorant and don't care or didn't pay attention to the volume levels. Sometimes I am jealous of those people and the simple life they live.

I remember when I first got my Q10 I created a poll to ask if the LED notification light goes on when the phone is charging and something like 40% answered yes. Since mine doesn't, I went to over 30 different stores and every single one of them was just like mine.

I am sure every single Q10 out there is affected by the double typing issue (in some form) but not everyone realizes it or want to admit it.

There is people that don't care, there is ignorant people, there is people that don't like to admit to them self that what they bought/have isn't the best and thus keep trying to convince other people there is no problem.

Bottom line:
    We live in an extremely complicated world surrounded by unreliable "machines". I have to "fight" every day with something that isn't functioning the way it supposed to. I have also learned support from big companies is useless. No body can do/fix something better than the way I can.

With all that said - I completely understand people that say "I will leave if...". What other choice they have? Call tech support and work talk to Level 1 who ask you to restart your phone?

The irony is they have not much options to go to. 3 major others to be exact and none of them is business oriented and all of them has their own problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:22 PM
152 ... 34567