Why does it suck so bad?

I keep adding;

youre -> you're
    thats -> that's
    shouldnt -> shouldn't

Over, and over, and over...

Yet it refuses to save. This OS is quickly losing any credibility of being a contender with the other platforms. These little annoyances are why die hard BlackBerry users jump ship. If I can't even have a phone that makes communication easy and customizable, it doesn't deserve to remain in the game.

I've turned to word substitution because the auto-correct is a complete joke but this is turning into an even larger annoyance.

~ TheRealFixxxer
    12-22-13 06:41 PM
    Funny, I never needed to add those as the OS will correct me when I try to skip 's. One space bar and it's fixed.

BB10 (and BBOS, and Android, and iOS, and WP...) may not be right for everyone. If you can't adapt or you think the device/OS isn't good, get something that works for you.
    12-22-13 06:43 PM
    I don't know what you're talking about, it's always perfect for me. It's actually weird how it knows what I want to say.

C00270EBC check out my Tattoo channel! Brought to you by Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing
    12-22-13 06:48 PM
    Works fine for me too. No issues at all with spell checker or word prediction. Works a charm always.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    12-22-13 06:53 PM
    I think you're mistaken. Managed to add it even though I didn't have to.

Word Prediction...-img_00000236.png

Word Prediction...-img_00000237.png

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 07:51 PM
    BlackBerry takes the cake for its keyboard... hands down. no better keyboard in my opinion. I've tried pretty much all the other keyboards out there. I'm talking physical and virtual... best in the market.

C00270EBC check out my Tattoo channel! Brought to you by Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing
    DJM626 likes this.
    12-22-13 08:42 PM
    Your choice of user ID is what's really losing credibility here. Maybe poll the audience first before bashing the entire platform. Maybe someone will try to help you.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-22-13 09:17 PM
    Why does it suck so bad?

I keep adding;

youre -> you're
    thats -> that's
    shouldnt -> shouldn't

Over, and over, and over...

Yet it refuses to save. This OS is quickly losing any credibility of being a contender with the other platforms. These little annoyances are why die hard BlackBerry users jump ship. If I can't even have a phone that makes communication easy and customizable, it doesn't deserve to remain in the game.

I've turned to word substitution because the auto-correct is a complete joke but this is turning into an even larger annoyance.

~ TheRealFixxxer
    All 3 of those which were not added by me show up on my space bar and as a swipe option before I type the whole word out.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    diegonei likes this.
    12-22-13 10:40 PM
    Your choice of user ID is what's really losing credibility here. Maybe poll the audience first before bashing the entire platform. Maybe someone will try to help you.

Says xhead75...

I didn't mean to insult you personally. I'll be sure to start a petition and bring up my opinions in the next committee meeting before addressing the council....

It's a phone, bro, not a way of life. I'm just voicing my opinion. It's okay to disagree.

I'm a schmuck and I can admit it, but relax.

All 3 of those which were not added by me show up on my space bar and as a swipe option before I type the whole word out.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    They show up for me as well when auto-correct is enabled, but my issue is auto-correct has (seemingly) been getting worse with each OS update.

Maybe it's all in my head, but it seems to be.

So what I have done is turned off auto-correct and have just been adding words to the word substitution list; however, it seems like when I add the above words (which were not in the list on my phone, why I'm not sure...) they disappear once I close the window.

Thats -> That's is there but when I add thats -> that's it disappears once closed.

And I must add both to the list because unless I have both the lower and uppercase versions in the list, word substitution will only use whichever one is in the list. So now when I type "thats", "That's" is populated on the space bar. Thus, when in the middle of a sentence the uppercase version is what will be inserted.

This was my plan to avoid the what seemed to be the increasing inaccuracy with the auto-correct on my device but still have the ability for the phone put in the proper word when needed.

I suppose it's more of an apostrophe inserter rather that word substitution. I don't really make a ton of mistakes when typing and when I do so I'm okay with correcting the mistakes manually. I just like having the apostrophe added automatically rather than have auto-correct put in a word I didn't want in or having to swipe down to insert the apostrophe manually.

I suppose my initial post was a bit harsh, but frustration is taking its toll on me with this tiny obstacle. I guess the legacy word substitution was done so well (not that the physical keyboard on my 9700 didn't help) that I feel cheated. I already had it and became accustomed to it. In terms of virtual keyboards, this one is likely the best. It's not even the platform that I should be addressing my disdain at, but rather my inability to customize it. And I really, I just want to add words to the damn substitution list. That's what has me annoyed.

EDIT---

And it is not limited to the words above. Just about every word added now disappears.

Maybe there's a limit to how many words can be added? I would hope not but I can't say I would be surprised.

~ TheRealFixxxer
    12-22-13 11:44 PM
    Clear the database for th stuff the device learned. It helps.

But as you can see, nothing you complained about can really not be done. People managed to find solutions to all problems presented in the OP so... Well, get to it.
    12-22-13 11:51 PM
    Clear the database for th stuff the device learned. It helps.

But as you can see, nothing you complained about can really not be done. People managed to find solutions to all problems presented in the OP so... Well, get to it.
    One problem; Added words disappear.

People have said they can add words to the list. I can add them as well.

Unfortunately that is not the issue. Perhaps I just need to do a device wipe and start fresh but I did hope those days were behind me with BB10.

~ TheRealFixxxer
    12-22-13 11:56 PM
    I apologize for attacking your ID. I did not take your initial post as a personally, just seen a lot of trolls on here of late and I suppose I am getting a little frustrated as well.

I have played around with this. In my shortcut settings there is a checkbox "always use this capitalization". Make sure it is unchecked. Also, only use lowercase in your entries or it wil always capitalize regardless of the checkbox setting. See the screens below for hoe you should have it.

The commitee meeting is at 9pm wednesdays. You bring the beer.

Word Prediction...-img_00000164.png
    Word Prediction...-img_00000165.png

diegonei likes this.
    12-23-13 12:12 AM
    I apologize for attacking your ID. I did not take your initial post as a personally, just seen a lot of trolls on here of late and I suppose I am getting a little frustrated as well.

I have played around with this. In my shortcut settings there is a checkbox "always use this capitalization". Make sure it is unchecked. Also, only use lowercase in your entries or it wil always capitalize regardless of the checkbox setting. See the screens below for hoe you should have it.

The commitee meeting is at 9pm wednesdays. You bring the beer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000164.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	232616
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000165.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	232617

Thank you, my good sir!

I must have unchecked that box when I started adding words. I'm sure it may not have helped that when posting the OP I had already had a few beers in me. T'is the season.

But again, thanks dude. Worked like a charm. All is right with my BlackBerry World again.

~ TheRealFixxxer
    diegonei likes this.
    12-23-13 12:19 AM