Why have I long loved my BlackBerry? Best in class email, security, the ability to keep my work and personal life seperate with serpate mailboxes, thoughtful and intellegent customisation, bbm, bbm voice now, outstanding keyboard.

And now with BB10 - no push email (except for exchange accounts), no all encompassing BIS, I'm forced to use an inbox 'hub' mixing everthing together, no customisable profiles.

What on earth is going on? Now I'm left with great keyboard (hardware or software), bbm and bbm voice.

Not to mention that previous hardware benefits of earlier models - oustanding battery life, incredible speakers, have sadly not returned on the Z10.

With all this missing, is BB10 really going to appeal to us harcore longtime BB users?
    01-30-13 01:45 PM
    Gosh I almost called in sick to see the announcement which would have put my job in jeopardy- I was super excited.

But I would agree and like to ad another feature I heard is gone... The multicolored LED I heard is gone. Which is my favorite part of bb hands down. Any confirmations on this?
    01-30-13 02:00 PM
    The multicolored LED I heard is gone. Which is my favorite part of bb hands down. Any confirmations on this?
    This would surprise me. The PlayBook has a multicolored LED too
    austriker likes this.
    01-30-13 02:02 PM
    Gosh I almost called in sick to see the announcement which would have put my job in jeopardy- I was super excited.

But I would agree and like to ad another feature I heard is gone... The multicolored LED I heard is gone. Which is my favorite part of bb hands down. Any confirmations on this?
    The LED is there, you just can't customize the colours. At least not in any version of BB10 seen to date.
    01-30-13 02:09 PM
    The LED is there, you just can't customize the colours. At least not in any version of BB10 seen to date.
    Im understanding the LED is included in the hardware. Are you saying the multicolored LED is there or just that there is an LED?

If theres a multicolored LED in the hardware albiet with no ability in the os to change it, thats fine. I would hope apps can be made the change it (ie advance os and led and bebuzz)
    01-30-13 02:11 PM
    Im understanding the LED is included in the hardware. Are you saying the multicolored LED is there or just that there is an LED?

If theres a multicolored LED in the hardware albiet with no ability in the os to change it, thats fine. I would hope apps can be made the change it (ie advance os and led and bebuzz)
    It's a tri-colour LED, same is in other Blackberry phones.
    3rd party apps do NOT have the ability to change the LED colour for system notifications. The only way this would be possible is if BlackBerry added it as an option in the notification settings.
    01-30-13 02:13 PM
    I hate to go there, but... the 9900/9930 is a great device that really does do everything I personally need it to. However, I would really like to support RIM and enjoy the bells n' whistles of BB10
    01-30-13 02:14 PM
    The reduced profiles functionality is a bummer. The lack of volume control per contact is disheartening. That's one of my favorite features on my BB. I can't tell from what I've seen so far if that lack of control extends to notification sounds per notification type (different email accounts for example).
    01-30-13 02:15 PM
    You can easily check single mailboxes/message streams in the hub, just by tapping on such account in the hub. It works on the PB this way as well. I would like, however, this to be slightly upgraded - to be able to EXCLUDE mailboxes from the Hub and only check them when I want, while still seeing majority of the accounts in the Hub. I use many e-mail addresses for various projects and this would be convenient.
    01-30-13 02:35 PM