I came from webos and like many here, I felt bb10 was a good fit after webos tanked. While I find the hub and active frames are great replacements (even upgrades) to the webos UI, there is one thing I miss very much.

In webos everything was a card. A card was a task (plain and simple). If you did anything on your phone it was a card. It didn't care if it was an email ,or a task, or a browser instance. You can multi task in so many more ways than bb10. You can have 2 instances of Facebook open (one in message view and one on the feed), next to an email draft, next to your, text messages, next to your, banking app next to 2 browser tabs in separate cards.

In bb10 most things are active frames, and communications are in the hub. For the most part it works fine. There are those times however, when in writing a long email draft and I get a text and I can't answer the text without saving and leaving the draft. There's times I download a doc, and wish I could put it aside for later while I do other things. Issue is the doc disappears off of my home screen and I need to hunt it down later in downloads, or find the original email again.

What I hope I see in bb10 one day is the option to 'break out' of a message in the hub when i need to leave for a bit. Like send a draft, or a document to an active frame. It's similar to how bbm has an app as well as well as being in the hub. I'd just like to trigger the app launch from the message in the hub.

Anyone else following me? If there was a suggestion box I would love to put it in.

PS before anyone responds I already know about quick reply in toast notifications and the attachment button in hub. What I'm looking for is a way to break my task out of the hub and add it to my multitasking flow.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:06 PM
    I like this idea and can't see any negatives to it.

They could make it as simple as an "Open in New Frame" menu option on the bottom bar when in any Hub page (email, Text, BBM, etc).
    12-22-14 07:16 PM
    I like this idea and can't see any negatives to it.

They could make it as simple as an "Open in New Frame" menu option on the bottom bar when in any Hub page (email, Text, BBM, etc).
    Yup. And the frame could be limited to the email or message only so it's not a "double hub". Or maybe, like bbm, it could be limited to your account. Like personal email is in one frame and texts are in another.

If you want to see what I mean open bbm from the icon on your homescreen and then open the text icon also. You'll see the bbm icon opens an app and the text icon shoots you to hub.

I'd like them both to be apps when I need them to be.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:49 PM
    Spork, email drafts are saved automatically if you leave it upon answering a toast notification...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    12-23-14 05:00 AM
    Spork, email drafts are saved automatically if you leave it upon answering a toast notification...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    Is this a play on my PS above? Please tell me this was a joke.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:07 PM
    Having a separate BBM app and BBM on the hub helps me in so many different occasions. So I understand your need.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:54 AM
    This would be a great idea

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:22 AM
    This would be a great idea

Posted via CB10
    Hey thanks.

I was thinking another way of using this would be if you wanted to read a long email but needed to reference another email on your hub, you could select "open email in active frame" from the menu, and then you can go back and forth between your hub and the open email in the active frame.

Of course this would be a passive feature as to not cause confusion. Users might only notice it if they were looking for it, or if they hit the icon on their homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-24-14 10:09 AM
    I came from webos and like many here, I felt bb10 was a good fit after webos tanked. While I find the hub and active frames are great replacements (even upgrades) to the webos UI, there is one thing I miss very much.

In webos everything was a card. A card was a task (plain and simple). If you did anything on your phone it was a card. It didn't care if it was an email ,or a task, or a browser instance. You can multi task in so many more ways than bb10. You can have 2 instances of Facebook open (one in message view and one on the feed), next to an email draft, next to your, text messages, next to your, banking app next to 2 browser tabs in separate cards.

In bb10 most things are active frames, and communications are in the hub. For the most part it works fine. There are those times however, when in writing a long email draft and I get a text and I can't answer the text without saving and leaving the draft. There's times I download a doc, and wish I could put it aside for later while I do other things. Issue is the doc disappears off of my home screen and I need to hunt it down later in downloads, or find the original email again.

What I hope I see in bb10 one day is the option to 'break out' of a message in the hub when i need to leave for a bit. Like send a draft, or a document to an active frame. It's similar to how bbm has an app as well as well as being in the hub. I'd just like to trigger the app launch from the message in the hub.

Anyone else following me? If there was a suggestion box I would love to put it in.

PS before anyone responds I already know about quick reply in toast notifications and the attachment button in hub. What I'm looking for is a way to break my task out of the hub and add it to my multitasking flow.

Posted via CB10
    I like the idea a lot!!
    The whole card style system idea is great!!
    Thats like +100% power for a poweruser!

Someone from BB should take it to the devs!
    Shame there is no icanmakeitbetter anymore :/

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-24-14 03:45 PM
    I would love this feature too. They had a similar way to triage emails in the old playbook OS, this would generalize it to any feature or app.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 03:54 PM
    How I miss WebOS!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:55 AM